Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat MY DADS HOME :D

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 15:13:18 )

Following up on an old post I did in the serious topics forum, about my dad being in a motorbike accident.
He was making real fast progress and sort of impressing the doctors and surgeons along the way. He still cant walk or move to his wheel chair on his own yet, mainly that he cant put weight on his pelvic/hip bone (it was shattered but all put back together and healing too). There's still a lot he's dealing with but he is stabilizing and they cleared him to go home!!

He went home yesterday, on my wedding day!
:vanora_cry:

(I eloped so he didnt miss anything) I called him once I got home and turned the face time thing on. He looks like he lost a ton of weight from being in the hospital for a month and a half. But he looks good! He looks very healthy, just got casts on and tape over one of his glasses lens. His vision got messed up a bit where when he tries to look out of both eyes, he sees double. But if he covers one eye he's good. The tape blurs the one eye so he can see but still lets sunlight in a bit.
They think that may or may not fix itself, so they're watching it and doing exercises with him to help strengthen his eyes. He just noticed improvement that when he looks up, his eyes stop seeing double in that angle. So HOPING thats a sign it might clear up in time!

He's big happy though
and he's back to his normal sassy personality
so the brain damage really didn't get him
:vanora_smile:
My job approved me time off to go visit them in october, so I'm excited

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 16:05:18 )
@Jolly: That's so wonderful Jolly! I'm so happy for you and your family
Also congrats on getting married! :3

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 16:15:42 )

@Ruby:
thank you thank you :D

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 20:40:14 )

SO glad that things are as good as they are for him. Of course it's a long road still, but it's better than if he would have died and he will continue to recover. Honestly, soo happy for you and your family!
(And congrats on getting married)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 20:24:24 )
@Jolly:
Glad dad is okay and congratulations on your recent marriage!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.