Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 02:49:24 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

@Wildfire: I'm glad I didn't miss it either ^^ We made it!!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 06:42:56 )
@Wildfire: so i fell asleep around like 6, and i woke yup around 12:30. my wrist and hand is so sore!

@DreamerZ: Very nice! I painted the front room and slept. DnD was cancelled today because the new guy is out of town, our bard said he's old and tired and needed to catch up on sleep, our druid barbarian was on vacation and today was the last day so he decided to stay home and spend time with his girl, so that just left me, my hubby, and the monk, so we decided that it would be best if half the party wasn't missing when we continued. Worked for me because i got to sleep.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 09:07:15 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

@DreamerZ: Yes, it was xD and actually easy to cook

I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 13:06:50 )
good morning everyone.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 13:28:28 )
@Wildfire: Morning! How are you today?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 13:38:01 )
@Alorrena: So far? ... tired. My dogs don't like thunderstorms... and guess what rolled through in the middle of the night last night? ... yup... thunderstorms.
How are you doing so far today?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 13:42:04 )
@Wildfire: awe dang! my girlfriend was telling me about how her puppy doesn't like thunder either, so i get that. But also, i don't like thunder. :/

I'm okay, just sore. My right hand hurts from painting yesterday, my upper back is really sore but i don't know why, my feet hurt cause my room is hot, and I have lady pains to top it all off. I did take a cool bath not too long ago though, so that was nice and relaxing, and my shower after was neither hot nor cold, so i was able to keep the cooled off temperature i had once i came back to the room.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 13:47:37 )
@Alorrena: thunder can be a bit shocking if it's big, bold, and unexpected - which it was, here, last night. I can understand why dogs (and some people) don't like it.
I'm sorry to hear about all your pains - that does not sound like fun. But at least you're cool, right?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 13:52:18 )
@Wildfire: yeah, i don't like loud unexpected noises. Storms are better for me if i'm able to watch for lightning, but i can't always do that. I think pets have a hard time because it's a loud unexpected noise and they don't really know how to deal with it.

Yeah, for now. hopefully i stay cool because it's really nice.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 14:14:07 )
@Alorrena: I agree... and it's hard to anticipate thunder, especially, as you say, you're not able to watch for the telltale lightning strike first. :3

So what are your plans for the day today - anything fun?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 14:18:12 )
@wildfire: no real plans so far. Never know what my husband might decide to do though, but we're probably just staying home doing not a whole lot. So i'll probably just play maple story most of the day. How about you?
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 14:48:33 )
    @Wildfire: no plans for the weekend, idk what to do. I really need to knuckle down and work on my novel. I keep writing like 3 chapters and then hating them, and going back to start over lol. I need to work on that.

Do you have any plans? Other than watching your son play in his band, which sounds so cool! Does he get nervous playing in front of people?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 14:53:56 )
@Alorrena: I've got a few little things to work on this morning and then this afternoon, we're going to go get lunch/dinner and see my son play with the band he's in at the moment. It should be fun. Other than that, there's not much going on around here right now - at least that I know of. Like you, my husband might have other ideas that I kinda get roped in to...

^^this was supposed to have posted several minutes ago... what the heck?? -.-

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 14:57:02 )
@sunny: oh, that sounds like a cycle that needs to be broken for sure! I understand the impulse, but yeah... you're not going to make much progress if you keep that up.

uuuh... let's see... right now, I'm working on a couple little things that has me on and off the computer in spurts, then we get to get lunch and watch my son. Other than that, my other son is in the area today and ... uh... no... not much else planned, really.

I don't think my eldest gets nervous when he's about to play. I think being in the back, at the drum kit helps alleviate any nervousness he might have... and, I think he just loses himself in the playing. It's not like he has to interact with the audience, really...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 15:01:52 )
    @Wildfire: yeah, writing a novel is hard work, who knew???? Lol XD

it sounds like you have a relaxing day planned, the best kind of day!!! I hope you have a good time watching your son play.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 15:05:28 )
@sunny: lol - yeah, seriously... who knew? XD <3

Yeah, it should be fairly relaxing. We're dealing with thunderstorms again today, though (or so it seems - it's thundering out there now, but 10 minutes ago the sun was out and the skies didn't look stormy (typical Florida in the summer- lol)), so we're dealing with freaked out dogs right now... but yeah, overall, it should be a fairly relaxing day :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 15:10:29 )
    @Wildfire: i didn’t sign up for this!!! (Just kidding, I love it).

Aww no, poor dogs :( my dog hates thunder too. I hope the storms pass quickly!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 15:15:29 )
@sunny: lol... the storm is over. The skies are still grey, but the majority of the storm is gone now. I'm just now hearing a low rumble that's obviously at some distance away...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 15:19:59 )
    @Wildfire: oh I know that kind of storm, very annoying. Just a sort of echo in the distance. Enough to be annoying. We haven’t had a good thunderstorm in such a long time……

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/11 15:27:39 )
@sunny: Yeah, but this one has moved off - it was booming and coming down fast just a few minutes ago. Yesterday and today are really the first storms we've had in a long time (several months). We need it, but it's a bit much to get used to when the storm season starts up again...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.