Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat This book was printed in 1982

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 09:58:18 )

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 17:19:51 )

Will the Virtual Boy came out in the 90's, so I don't know if they were wrong?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 01:09:50 )
why is there an official handbook for hating video games, and why do they need to be stopped? Also, way to predict VR lol
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 12:57:58 )

◦✹ I'm more convinced someone travel back in time to print that... ✹◦

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 01:51:32 )
@Alorrena:
@Totalanimefan:
@Purpsy:
At the time parents believed that video games corrupted the minds of children and turned them into lazy, entitled monsters. These children would go on to embrace unhealthy lifestyles and have mental problems. People still believe this, though not as prominently. the early 80's experimented with the first designs and ideas of immersive gaming. Theories had been explored way before then but only in theory. Before then virtual reality was considered the fantasies of madmen. Initial attempts to create a virtual reality were based on photography and film. With the stereoscope developed in 1838, a viewer could perceive a 3D object by having each eye look at different 2D images. There have been schematics all the way back in the 60's. It wasn't until the 90's that the gaming industry had begun offering virtual reality headsets. Though they were rather disappointing.

But in short, VR isn't anything new. However it's interesting to see things like this.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 18:52:43 )

this gave me a giggle
how dare we have fun with things x)

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 00:45:09 )
    Remember those bizarre setups in malls where the person was encircled in a sort of ring and they had a VR set on?

I think there's still some small push to blame a juvenile's bad parenting and shitty personality on video games or music, but mostly we seem to have shifted to other avenues of scapegoats.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.