Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 12:43:27 )
@Totalanimefan: lol. If I had company at my house for days, I'm not sure how good I'd be at keeping up with online chatter either... so I think you get a Pass for that XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 15:02:25 )

@Alorrena: Thanks. The COVID news sucks because we had been so cautious for so long, but we have the vax so we should be ok. I just missed out on a festival that was happening yesterday in my area and I wanted to go. And next weekend I'm supposed to go to an outdoor orchestra concert, but I might not be able to.
Sounds like a good time! Does what happened made you not want to fly stand by?

@Wildfire: Haha thanks. We went to NYC too for two days. We did a lot.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 18:46:57 )
@Totalanimefan: Ah man, that really sucks that you got the Rona from them. :( How were they able to leave if they had the Rona? I thought they were from the UK?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 20:26:23 )

@SorrowTheMad: They are from the UK. There isn't any rules anymore in the UK about Rona. She wasn't even wearing a mask during her shifts at the gas station she works at.
They did take one test to get into the US, but it was an at home one, those can have false negatives if you don't collect enough of a sample. Not as accurate as the ones you send off. Even I got a false negative yesterday on mine and I know I have it cause my husband has it.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 23:34:24 )

@Wildfire: yessss they are~ i would be LOST if Voltra didn't warn you that you already had the particular common you are attempting to buy. they are very unique with that feature
    @Totalanimefan: i am doing okay, just enjoying a relaxing sunday how are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/3 23:36:06 )

@Bonnie: That's good. ^^
I'ma just copy a paste a reply I said yesterday (to someone else)

It makes me really happy to see that you guys have been chatting with each other while I've been away doing things in rl. My in-laws left yesterday after being here a week. It was nice to see them.
However, they were sick when they came, we thought that it was just a cold but now my husband has tested positive for Rona and he doesn't feel well (all are vaxxed, he's just taking meds for it). I still tested neg, but the at home tests can have false negatives, or maybe I just don't have it yet? I just have a tickle in my throat but I feel ok otherwise. I'm doing things around the house before I start feeling like shit just in case.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 00:28:06 )
@Bonnie: I've slept through meals before. Not the best thing, I know, but it happens lol.

@Alorrena: Yeah, peanut isn't subtle in any way lol. And I think it may have been that Golden Dragon in Caldwell, not sure. My fiance has wanted to try this Brazilian steakhouse in our area, but I declined at first because I knew it would be expensive. But maybe I should try it anyway just to say I did. Caramelized pineapple sounds delicious! I don't think it's odd for you to try chicken hearts. My favorite proteins for street tacos are cow head and cow tongue lol. Honestly if you didn't know what it was, it all tastes like beef. I think I vaguely remember seeing that glass blowing place you're talking about in Boise, and I'll have to try to remember that next time we're in the area. Though we'd probably have to find a sitter for our son since he'd probably be too young for the class lol.

@Wildfire: You're welcome. :) I'm doing fine. Been relaxing this weekend before I go back to work tomorrow. How about you?

@Totalanimefan: I've been doing well overall. Sorry your husband tested positive, and hope you don't end up getting it. But if you do, at least you'll both have it at the same time? That was my silver lining when I had Covid--both my fiance and son got it as well lol. So only had to worry about sticking together versus isolating in different rooms. xP

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 00:30:28 )

@Totalanimefan: i'm so sorry to hear that. i'm not feeling well either but i don't think it's rona. my sinuses have been really bad and i went and spent the night at a friend's place where they have cats and i'm allergic. so yeah lol
    @Aisukohi: yeah, i always hate when it happens but it isn't the end of the world! xD how has your weekend been?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 00:34:00 )
@Bonnie: Just kinda sucks when you wake up starving, but don't have the energy or time to get food. xP My weekend has been good. Mostly been lazy, but got out of the house here and there. Got this cute tank top with a manatee printed on it today, from an art fair thing. Will probably wear it next weekend when I'm off again and go out somewhere. Assuming the weather is decent lol. It's the beginning of storm season in Florida.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 00:35:50 )

@Aisukohi: AGREED. it's terrible to feel like that.

oh awesome~ i have no budget for new clothes atm. i really need to save money for my vacation in las vegas in may....but alas, i buy too much food LOL

and YES don't get me started about storm season. i'm from louisiana so i know it very well too ;c

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 00:48:28 )
@Bonnie: Oh man, I'm guilty of spending way too much money on both food and clothes. xD I really need to do another purge of my closet before I bother buying more clothes. Maybe I'll do that throughout the week, and then go donate next weekend...

Ahh, well let's hope it's a safe storm season for both of us!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 00:52:01 )

@Aisukohi: it's just food for me. maybe some games as well but not much lol. it all adds up and you don't realize it! oh we are getting new crates sooon~ i wonder what they will be.

and yes~ i am hoping a praying for a safe storm season!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 01:01:06 )
@Bonnie: I love finding new places to try, but I have no problem going out of my way for food I know is good too lol. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new crates will be. I didn't quite care for the last set, but I bought one of each just in case. I adored the orb items though. <3
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 01:09:31 )

@Aisukohi: same here~ and the orb items are always amazing. i'm excited to see what the next orbs will be.

and yes, good food is always a must; no matter the price. of course i always love finding a really good place and then finding a cheaper place that does it better. there is this taco truck that has the best tacos ever and all of the other authentic Mexican tacos just do not compare to the taco truck. The taco truck sells them at half of the price of the restaurants.

bloop

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 02:01:13 )
@Bonnie: lol id happily stare. i don't wanna stop talkin' to you

@Alorrena: omg i always wanted to try glass blowing. Happy you had fun. Things are a lil better, but, prob wont be fully happy-ish till we can return home

@Totalanimefan: Yey you took that like a champ. i've been gone. i miss much?

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 06:22:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Hopefully you'll be feeling better by then. If it's outdoors i'm sure you would be okay if you're feeling okay. you can mask up and social distance if you can (i can't believe how quickly places threw out social distancing. it's kind of like america went, "nah, we're done with Covid. No one cares anymore." even though it's not over and a lot of people do care).

Mmm... no, not really. it's a hassle, but it's an expected hassle, except for the flight cancelation because even if i didn't fly stand by and purchased that flight, i still would have been scrambling a bit to get a flight. I just need to remember to keep the day after the one i plan to fly on open because of things like that.

@Aisukohi: my mom loves cow tongue tacos, but i think they're a little too chewwy. i've never had any other part of the head, but i'd be open to trying it. i'd look at the menu of the place and then decide if it's something you'd really want to do just to say you did it. i think there needs to be a certain level of enjoyment if things are pricey. Tucanos ended up being a little bit of a let down. Probably because they took some things out of their rotation since the last time i was there, but also they got rid of their passion fruit something or other. they still have a passion fruit item, but it's not what i remember it being. Boise Art Glass is on 12th and front street, right before the connector. (i don't know why it's called that, but like, the highway strip that leads in and out of downtown). If you remember next time you go, but don't remember where it is or what it was called i can always remind you :]
How old is your son if you don't mind me asking?

@dreamerz: i'm glad you're doing better, and i hope you can go home soon. What's going on?

i visited my friends here in town today and my heart broke because none of their oldest kids remember me. i've missed so much by moving away, it's so sad. But it was really good to see them. I'm hoping to visit with them a little more tomorrow afternoon, but it just depends on when my mom and i get back from our 5th and final hot springs. Idaho has 130 soakable hot springs, and i think mom picked the closest and best looking ones in the area. Closest is also a relative term- they've all been at least 45 minutes away so far. The rest of my trip is going to go so fast. Idk why but monday to friday always seems to go by in a blink of an eye for me when i don't have to work.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 11:57:27 )
@Aisukohi: I'm hanging in there, thanks. Yesterday was a little busier than expected but it was a good day, overall. I'm glad you're doing well. Did you have a nice weekend?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 12:01:00 )
@Totalanimefan: Ahh, good ol' NYC. It has been a long, long time since I've been there and it will probably be a long, long time before I get back there (if ever). Did you go just to have fun and explore? What was the favorite thing you did?

@Bonnie: Yes, that's a very good feature to have, and I'm happy to have it too. It's not a nice thing having 20 of the same item because you forgot you had it or couldn't find it when you were buying it! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 12:17:56 )
@Totalanimefan: I was more talking for their trip back, they didn't have to take a test to get on the plane to go back home? Seems a little ridiculous at least. I'm sorry to hear you both ended up getting it :( Hopefully it's mild though? I've heard the vaxxed are getting mostly mild cold symptoms rather than the more severe symptoms.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 14:34:51 )

@Aisukohi: I just took the test this morning, I have it. Before I was sleeping in a different room

@Bonnie: I hope you don't. This sucks. Have you taken a test?

@DreamerZ: Thank you <3 I had been gone too for a few days while company was over. My husband and I tested positive for Rona.

@Alorrena: I tested positive this morning. I can't believe how everyone is saying it's over when it's not too. I get it, I'm tired of the pandemic too, but I'm not about to let that feeling make me not care or not wear a mask.
Yeah have nothing planned for the first day just in case. Is it really that much cheaper to fly stand by?

@Wildfire: It was fun, and I enjoyed showing my in-laws around. They had never been there before. But the culture shock for them was real. I was like you gotta have hustle walking the streets, people are busy and going somewhere or doing something. I did get them to try a NY slice. They kinda liked it? But mostly we just had Irish Pub food because that's what they wanted to eat. (But we were in NYC, so that pained me a little) They are British by the way. Glad that I went, it was my first time there since 2018. We took the train from DC.

@SorrowTheMad: Oh sorry, no they didn't have to take a test. Which I was like what? But they did end up taking a test once they were home because my husband tested positive so we made them take one. But they already got on the plane with Rona and traveled from DC to London and then London to Liverpool by train. Ugh, who knows how many people they gave it too. Yeah it's 'mild' I would say. Feels different than a cold just a little bit. I feel like even though I'm tried I can't sleep (and I hate that), I still was coughing and stuff even with NyQuil in me. But there is no chance that I'm bad enough to go to the hospital or anything like that. I'm fully vaxxed and my husband is boosted.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.