Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 14:57:09 )

They really are rare indeed.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 14:59:17 )
Yeah, it's a shame, really. It seems like everyone is so busy trying to out-do themselves being mean, or loud, or something...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 15:02:07 )

Yeah. It's cool to just you know, chill.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 15:03:51 )
Yeah, exactly. But it seems that the loud, worst-behaved kids are the ones setting the bar for everyone else most of the time. It's unfortunate, really.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 15:22:06 )

★彡 @Wildfire: It would be awhile until it gets real warm here, changing seasons can be abnormally chaotic here...
I didn't end up going yesterday but my brother did and bought some stuff we ran out on the way home.

My birthday is coming up this weekend I think... woo~ 彡★

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 15:25:53 )
@Purpsy: Yeah... I remember getting snow and freezing temps as late as May when I lived in New England, and I was still substantially more south than you are. :3
I'm glad you got some food, etc.
What do you have planned for the day today?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 15:29:08 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Hmm idk tbh... I'm just winging it as the day goes by but I'll most likely spend hours drawings because I really want to get this drawing done by Friday... hopefully

How about you? :3 彡★

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 18:19:49 )
@Purpsy: Sorry I kinda disappeared randomly - I went to get some groceries. I'm in sticker shock... even after getting accustomed to the higher prices of everything. /dead/ Holy Cow!!

Other than getting groceries, and doing some cooking (peanut noodles), I need to vacuum and mop. And I should probably do laundry too, but we'll see about that one. I'm going to sit here for a few minutes first, though, before doing the next phase of my house clean up :3

So what's this drawing of, and how's it going? You're putting a lot of time in to it!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 20:29:14 )
@Kory: Same weather here in central FL - you can feel it in the air... we have crossed that line between Winter/Spring and Spring/Summer. It's only going to get hotter from here on out. :3

Oh, let's see... my garden currently has some kind of mystery squash growing in it (it came up from the compost I mixed with the soil/sand), I have two jalapenos that I need to get in the ground real soon, two eggplant plants, a couple okra plants, some bush beans, a couple different flowers (nasturtium, marigolds, sunflowers, and whatever else I threw out there in the corners - lol) and I have a few other things that are trying to grow (I hope). Oh - and the collard greens and cabbage that I'll need to harvest the rest of real soon. I also have a small blueberry bush. :3

I hope you can get outside and enjoy the weather before it gets too hot!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 03:22:28 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Ahh is this~

I'm putting more effort on it because the lineart is more detail and the way I'm coloring but this one is my avi on DV. But it sounds like you had a busy day. What got you particularly sticker shock?

@Kory: Yeah I used to be like that too. Since Voltra is such a small community it was hard to find people to vibe with? That's probably me being a socially awkward potato. I feel like there's some little groups that's been form here but eventually I found a hangout spot that I at least comfortable posting more. But that took time. 彡★

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 04:32:04 )
i probably should go buy some stuff today when i go out to get my meds. it's like, 3 am at the moment, tho.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 14:05:43 )
@Purpsy: Oh niiiice! <3 Keep going with your drawing - it's coming out lovely!
The sticker shock was just the prices of food, which are continuing to go up, up, UP. *sigh*

@Pelontrix: lol... yeah, 3am isn't usually the time to go shopping for food or picking up meds. I hope you get done everything you need to get done today though, despite what sounds like a weird sleep schedule last night :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 14:13:11 )

So good morning! Happy Thursday!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Are you doing anything to celebrate the holiday? Does the holiday mean anything to you?

I'm going to do corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot (gotta get that started!!) and that's about it. When the kids were little, I would do things like make their milk turn green, give them green pancakes for breakfast, do little magic tricks, have them create Leprechaun traps, etc. - either at home or at the homeschool co-op, depending on the day and our schedule. But they're not little any more and my chances for that kind of fun is limited now. So corned beef and cabbage it is (because it was on sale and we don't do this very often)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 15:09:30 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Ah I see :/
I also heard gas prices will be more expensive there since the war started. I can't say the same from here since I don't own a car or catch up with the news often. I hope your doing well there financially.

And nah I don't celebrate St. Patrick's day at all. The close I ever celebrate the holiday is creating an avatar here for it (which I should do soon) I wonder if there's already a knick knack coming out for it. I notice they do it every year. But I'm curious how the rest of you guys celebrate it? Do you just cook up a feast and wear green? 彡★

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 15:31:20 )
@Wildfire: i can't be arsed to get my meds today, maybe tomorrow.

i'm british. i still feel bad for what my kin did to the irish and scottish, haha.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 18:49:07 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, but there's only so much I can control - whether that's in terms of gas or food prices, or whatever. Yes, we're ok, thank you - fortunately. Still, I hate to see the prices of everything skyrocketing the way they are.

I was wondering about a knick-knack too. I guess we'll find out (or maybe they already released something and I just haven't seen the notification yet)

We don't really celebrate. I do have corned beef and cabbage cooking in the crockpot right now, but that is more because it was on sale and I don't usually do corned beef (with or without cabbage). I'll probably have a Guinness later (but I like Guinness). Sometimes, we'll go out and grab a meal at a restaurant or participate in other "Spring" activities, if there are any that are interesting, some place local... but it's not so much that we "celebrate" the holiday as it is that we "take advantage of opportunities that the holiday provides"..............???

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 18:52:06 )
@Pelontrix: lol. You'll go when you're ready... or really need them, then? XD <3
LOL - yeah... there's that, but there's only so much "accounting for historical decisions of past generations" one can (or should) do, IMO. That said, part of my ancestry is English (and a little Irish, I think), so yeah - looking at it from that perspective makes things a little more interesting...???

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 21:26:10 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Ah I see :3
Yeah I'm surprised there's no knick knack yet but ish no biggie to be honest. 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 21:33:13 )
@Purpsy: ...and they might just be late in getting the knick-knack (if they have one) out to us...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 22:43:00 )
@Wildfire: i should be taking these every day. i have been... five, six days without them. so far not feeling like i want to off myself.
please ping me for the love of god.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.