Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange D I G I T A L - B O U T I Q U E // [B + S] // [Update 12.08]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 20:17:40 )

@Vii: BAH

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 20:34:40 )
@Anarchist Beauty: no u

There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;
oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 21:53:54 )

Hey, how have you been? How's your Dec going?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 22:59:07 )

@Minerva: NO U

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 08:52:37 )

@Vii: well gosh, ty! ;v; and that's fine; i have barely logged in in the past couple days myself

Donator — A.I. Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 16:31:38 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

@Anarchist Beauty: I said it first! >:C

@Totalanimefan: Not bad not bad how about you (aside from dealing with a cold?)?

Trying to focus on completing some tasks today. I planned to yesterday but took a break at around noon...which turned into playing Starbound for like 12 hours. xD

@Count Trashula: You're welcome! :D Tbh it's hard to price things like that since they're old and unobtainable, and you never know if it'll contain the rare or if it'll be a dud, so gifting them just seems like the safest bet lol. Plus I once sold Total some orbs that were complete duds...felt so bad

// AI-COM : return [ Virtual . Integrated . Intelligence ] // end of line

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 16:52:09 )

@Vii: I feel like this cold is my whole life right now since I'm working on getting better and I shouldn't leave the house, and I can't work on school lol
Life isn't bad. I think it's going to be a slow pace until Jan for me. I already got my Christmas's out of the way. lol
Good luck with getting those tasks done. I know you can do it! XD

Donator — A.I. Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 17:05:05 )

@Totalanimefan: It to be like that though. Can't get comfortable, can't smell or taste anything cause the nose doesn't work... I know it's a big indicator of the 'Rona these days but I could never smell or taste while sick at all.

As a kid I would always get sick around my birthday, Halloween, and Christmas. (Not proud of it but I didn't wash my hands much as a kid... and I was a nail biter :X BUT that's probably why my immune system is pretty strong lol)

No doubt your immune system was weakened by travelling and whatnot--were you running around a lot during your visit to the UK? c:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 17:12:03 )

@Vii: I feel like I had forgotten that fact but it's true. When your nose is stuffy you can't really taste or smell that well. It works a little bit but it's not the same.
That really sucks! I remember as a kid getting sick a lot too, I think that's just apart of being a kid. I remember it being at different times, but maybe that's because Florida isn't seasonal like other places. It's pretty much summer and summer-lite all year long.

I was running around so much. First was that overnight flight that you can never really sleep on. Then the travel from the airport to London proper is long, then from London to Liverpool, then Liverpool to Manchester, back to Liverpool then back to London and back to the airport lol

Donator — A.I. Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 17:27:17 )

@Totalanimefan:Yeah that was always my indicator of wellness. "Still can't taste. Still sick." |D
And then you can't even get pleasure out of eating your favourite snacks. xD It's just lousy all around.

That's a lot of activity! Tbh even if your in-laws hadn't passed something on to you, it seems like you'd still be feeling pretty drained after all that! Don't tell me you weren't drinking tea every moment you were there lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 17:36:17 )

@Vii: Yes. It's not even fun to eat atm. And I feel like it's harder to tell if you are hungry or not.
There were a ton of people with colds in England. I could hear it on the trains and in pubs. I was shocked that not everyone was wearing a mask. I would say it's about the same rate as here or a little worse. I would have thought for sure that England would have been better than us at it. It's no wonder their cases aren't looking good. But at least I know for me it's not Rona. I had 3 tests lol
I did drink a lot of tea, but there are two things. They really only drink black tea, which I can't have at night or I won't sleep, and they don't make tea well. They use boiling water and they don't even time how long the tea is in the drink. Then after they squeeze the bag so all the bitterness comes out. It's not a good cuppa. lol

Donator — A.I. Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 17:43:52 )

@Totalanimefan: Yanno I'm so pumped full of caffeine most of the time that I forget black tea has a significant amount of it |D

interlaces fingers Squeezing the bag!? That goes against one of the tenets of teamaking! Though... I thought the water is supposed to be boiling so it scalds the tea?

That being said, I'm in no position to point fingers because I usually just stick the bag in a mug of water and microwave the whole thing for 3 minutes. Too lazy to clean out / refill the kettle on a regular basis oTL

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 18:05:16 )

@Vii: oh man... at least with crates, you get to pick the item you want, even if there's no guarantee of a rare. orbs are such a gamble lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 18:15:28 )

@Vii: I had it one time at 8:30pm. Didn't sleep until 4:30am lol
Boiling is good for herbal. Just under boiling for Black and less for Oolong and Green teas. Boiling water for Black through Green brings out the tannins which makes it more bitter.
I know, I couldn't believe when I was making my tea and then my mother in law just takes the bag out of my cup and then squeezed it. Like I was setting a timer, and don't touch my cup, but whatever. It was in good faith at least.
I'm often too lazy to clean the kettle/tea maker, so I just don't have tea on those days lol. I love tea though. I could drink it all of the time.

Donator — A.I. Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 18:33:57 )

@Count Trashula: Forreal. xD Can't find a happy medium, so I'd rather sell the items separately or save the orbs as prizes / gifts c':

@Totalanimefan: Ah that's true, I recall seeing a chart about ideal brewing temperatures. Dunno why I forgot about black tea but for the longest time I wasn't a fan of green tea...until I learned I'd been burning it the whole time.

I'm dying to try some authentic Japanese matcha but the good stuff is expeeensive and I can't justify that expense on tea. |D

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 20:09:23 )

@Vii: That's cool.
    You still took my money.
    It's all chill.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 20:29:12 )

@Vii: green tea tastes horrible when burnt! It’s the worst one lol
Real matcha is so amazing but also so expensive. I guess if I ever go to Japan make sure to pick some up. It’s very good though. I had it when I was in Japan. Went to a tea house. :)

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 23:35:16 )

@Vii: they do make great prizes/gifts. then it's more of a surprise than a gamble..

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/6 21:06:07 )

@Count Trashula: Wow your avatar is wonderful! I love it so much!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/6 23:28:13 )

@Totalanimefan: why ty :o i wanted to try something different. i love yours, too.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.