Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Soo I had to call HR...

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/12 01:58:05 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
...On my job because my manager was trying to make me work after my roommate tested positive for covid.
We're always in pretty close proximity and we share meals. I'm also getting tested though.

I called to let my manager know, because there's no way I will be spreading the damn plague around if I can prevent it. She got angry and told me it's my responsibility to cover my shift. She's been pretty terrible altogether and never enforces mask rules, so yeah, i just got tired of it and called HR. She was very kind and commmunicated that no, it isnt my reponsibility, and what I did is standard procedure. D: Honestly im most likely gonna quit because of all the issues at my job, my friend even called her and complained. (I know bc she referred me to her).

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/12 02:11:25 )

@milkshake: good. I’m glad you stood up for yourself. That’s unacceptable and I’m glad you didn’t go into work

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/12 16:00:45 )
Thanks for being responsible about it! Hopefully your manager starts taking Covid more seriously. I would never want to work in that kind of environment.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/12 18:48:10 )

Is this the job you mentioned in a previous post that you were really excited to work at? If so, it's unfortunate that you've been encountering these issues there. :/ You did the right thing and it's crazy that your manager is being so negligent with the protocols.

Donator — wrik Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/13 00:05:38 )

Remember, in the end, HR still works for your employer too. I'd go even beyond HR, report them to your local health department as well for not following covid procedure.
hi im wrik

closet buying

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/13 00:17:16 )

Good idea Wrik.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/13 08:50:09 )

Oh no, this is the new(ish) job, too, right? That's awful, I'm sorry you're dealing with a shitty boss. :(

Please ping me!

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/13 23:34:59 )

@CooperationIsKey:
@Ark:
yeah D: unfortunately. nobody there takes covid very seriously. honestly, its a bunch of snobby uptight mean girls. surprised they even work there tbh

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 00:26:40 )

@milkshake: I'm sorry :c I remember your excitement at the beginning and I feel bad that it didn't turn out to be what you expected. Have you been putting in other applications just in case you decide to leave this one? Also, did anything happen to your manager after the call to HR?

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 05:14:13 )

@Ark: Have been looking into other jobs, especially since this one only pays 9.50 anyways. Walmart is probably considerably worse but i would be paid $15/hr. Def not staying there. Don't get paid enough and the environment sucks.
Not sure if anything has happened to her, but the person I spoke to said my points were very serious and our regional manager is going to have a talk with her. I have a good friend willing to try and fill management there, but the entire staff is terrible and judgmental asf. One of my friends quit, and the assistant manager (who was apparently good friends with the snobby store manager) quit and never talked to her again. Every employee has complained about her though so I hope something happens to get her out of there. She doesn't deserve the position at all.
I'm sorta anxious about quitting but theres no damn way im staying :( it sucks bc i really thought it'd be a cool job.

Oh well tho. I do eventually plan on starting my own business in making various accessories + paintings. Just have to find a job where I can buy supplies and load up while being able to feed/home myself.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 17:48:58 )

@milkshake: It's always baffling to me that crappy managers who get hella complaints always somehow manage to keep their jobs. ==;; I never understood that. But Walmart would probably be a good placeholder job for now, at least until you find something else you like. :)

On the bright side, it's a good thing you got to truly see how the job was early on, instead of being there for months and not seeing it until after you've established yourself in it.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 21:29:35 )

@Ark: Honestlyyyy. My mental health was not doing well and on top of the fact that I just stood around, there wasnt anything to do and that made my anxiety so high. I dislike retail altogether, and was hoping my anxiety would improve but like, stocking would totally be easy. I really excel at cleaning jobs but those dont pay even $9 around here.. which is crazy considering cleaners are the front line in preventing covid?
Idk, i hate jobs where I just stand and "look busy" because i do things very quickly, so all the work gets done. lol, honestly, most jobs in general just need a reform. If I get my work done, pay me and let me go home! Making me do a bunch of pointless stuff and then not paying me more for that is just.. weird to me?
Im writing my resignation and dont really know how to word it lol. gahh i hate my anxiety. it gets in the way of everything.

my family told me to try for disability but medicaid is denying me even insurance.. and it'll be even harder to get disability.
i h8 it here.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 22:29:45 )
    It must be some kind of unspoken requirement among managers to be incompetent twits. It's really unfortunate that you have been experiencing all of that on the job and I hope HR takes care of it.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 23:07:08 )

@blue: this made me giggle lol, i love the word 'twit'.
i dont think ive ever had an actual good manager around here. my boyfriend had a great one but she quit like immediately because of the company being so terrible. shes in ethical business schooling so, yeah.

Please ping me!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/15 01:42:55 )

@milkshake: For your letter you could write "As of [date] I am submitting my 2 weeks notice. My last day of employment will be [end date]. Thank you, [signature]." Idk if your job requires you to write an explanation, but at a job I left a few years ago I made my letter like that and it worked out. :velvethappy:

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.