Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 22:50:27 )
@Ava: I get that. It can be very hard and demoralizing. Because you know you are good enough, but then it's like we like person B better, and you go maybe this is all in my head? But at least there is a support system telling you that can. I wish I could offer more comfort, but I am here to listen.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 22:56:10 )

@CooperationIsKey: Yeah same. My sister was pretty mad at me cause it was last min. I think she is over it, but I can't do it again this year!

@Rei Ann: That is crazy. What position are you? I hope today was better.

@Ava: Those are tough days. I hope that you are feeling a little better today. I don't really have any advice except to think about what you want in life. You are probably on the right path, but it never hurts to double check.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 22:57:58 )

@SorrowTheMad: Oh no. I hope they find out what it was soon. I hope it's nothing serious. How are you feeling about it?
I'm pretty good right now. Just been busy studying and cleaning.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:04:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm a paralegal. I use to work for a different firm, and there I was a team lead of paralegals and like the office superstar. Well there was like two people about me, but my knowledge and skills were respected. My bosses weren't mad that I had Hermione levels of knowing stuff.

But I left the job, because they were stingy with pay, and I felt I should be paid more than especially with my years of experience and Bachelor's. So I joined a different firm where my irl bestie works. I was really excited to work there because I was told the job was amazing, and that they gave bonuses and good raises.

What I didn't know was that she was the office favorite and that no one else got treated that nice. Top it off, that one of the attorney's likes all my knowledge and skills and the other one, who I deal with the most, can't stand me. He thinks I'm a know it all, can be very rude and mean to me. He use to rant a bunch to another girl at the office who loves me, about me.

Keep in mind, that the front desk girl, is a straight up B word to clients, visitors and anyone who calls. She argues and fights with everyone, and makes tons of mistakes, but because she never takes a day off, he won't rebuke her. Well I could write for ages, but basically it's less than ideal for me. But my wedding is in March, and I have tons of PTO saved, so I stay.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:14:18 )

@Rei Ann: Hey I do/did something really similar. I'm/was a Contracts Admin for a legal team. I say was because the pandemic hasn't granted me much work. I really enjoyed it though and I worked with the team of Paralegals, but because there were soo many contracts to send out for signature that was my job. (and to keep up with them). I decided I should go back to school to get my BA since it seems everyone in the area has it. I'm loosing out to them atm. (I've only live in DC for a year)

I'm glad that you found somewhere that has better pay. But too bad the people that work there are only ok. Life is too short to hate your job. Maybe after a few months you could find another job? Or after March lol. Congrats on your engagement by the way! That's exciting. When's the date?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:24:58 )
@Totalanimefan: Well getting your BA sounds like fun. I've consider getting an MBA, but I also dread the idea of more school.

Well it's life, there will always be strife at any job. I figure it will get better with time? Thank you. The date is March 18th. It was suppose to happen this year, on the 19th, but covid took it out. You know how MD was in like a pretty big lockdown, and since we had spent money on a venue, I didn't want to lose it, so I moved the date.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:36:30 )

@Rei Ann: Yeah it's been almost 10 years since I was a student last. I'm ready. Getting my degree is something that I haven't wanted to do for a long time.
That's really sad. I'm sorry that COVID post-ponded the wedding. MBA could be good, but you gotta want it. College is too hard if you don't have the drive to do well.
MD was in a lockdown for a while. And now it's Delta a wedding still sounds a bit risky. I think 2022 might be good though! My wedding anniversary is close to yours. Mine is March 8th! ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 00:01:02 )
@Totalanimefan: That's about close to the same time for me. I know I could do online for an MBA. My sister in Seattle did that, but I don't want to have to do homework again. So in a morbid sense of things, it was kinda of good that covid postponed my wedding. Cause well my mom died a legit month before what would have been my wedding day this year. Not of covid though.

Yeah, for my wedding we are considering asking people to be vaxed if you can, or wear masks. My sister's wife is the head of a covid nursing unit, and lots of elders in the fam. Oh that is close. Aren't march weddings lovely?

@Ava: Hey maybe before you know it, you'll be in the mcu.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 00:10:07 )

@Ava: Good luck! I hope you get the part!

@Rei Ann: I'm not looking forward to homework again, but oh well lol.
I'm so sorry to hear that your mom passed. That must have been horrible with it being close to the original wedding date and then covid.
I hope everyone will be able to be vaxxed for your wedding. It's the right thing to do. March weddings are great! I got married in FL (that's where I'm from) and we want a date were it wouldn't be too hot yet and it wasn't going to rain. The rainy season starts in April or May depending on the year. So March was a safe bet.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 00:13:09 )
@Rei Ann: rei is cute >u<

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 00:16:54 )
how are you guys? >u<
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 00:33:12 )
@Kairu: But only on Tuesdays! Lol I'm silly thanks. Doing alright today, how are you?
@Ava: I would stand for 12 hours just to be an extra in the mcu, because that would be I was apart of it. I would be canon!
@Totalanimefan: Well maybe the homework would be easier?

Thanks. It was horrible, but we were also estranged, she had a very bad drinking habit, and I had to go NC for awhile for my mental health. That's really that I regret the most, I know I couldn't change things, but still..idk.

I hope everyone will be vaxed, but I do have some very far leaning family, and my step family loves to be dramatic, so I don't know. I hope it won't bring drama. Now a march FL wedding sounds lovely. In MD, March can be nippy or nice, so I have to hope the odds are in my favour.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 00:47:59 )
@totalanimefan:
Its died down a bit at work the past few days at least so that's good.
Oh nice! What are you studying?
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 01:11:17 )

@Kairu: I'm good. Just made fried rice for dinner. ^^ What about you?

@Rei Ann: Now that I have all this world and work experience? Probably.
Sometimes you just have to leave the situation. You did the best you could. You aren't responsible for other people's actions.
I hope that it will be nice by the 18th! (There is always time, you could change it to FL, jk jk)

@ArsenicAttitude: Hey that's good. ^^ I'm going for Business Admin Management. Sounds boring, but it will help me get an office job. It alines with my work exp.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 01:13:43 )
@Totalanimefan: That's for sure true. Sometimes you gotta walk.

Well a FL wedding would be easier for going to Disney after. We hope we can go to Cali and I get to go to cali disney for my honeymoon. The delay helped me save more money for everything at least.

So my old I just told you guys about, I just found out today, that the fire is closing down for good. So there a good thing about my current job.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 01:19:56 )

@Rei Ann: Yeah you did what you could XD
Do you want to go to FL Disney or CA Disney for the honeymoon? The FL one is bigger, but if you want CA that's cool because then you can also see southern CA too.
Oh wow, I'm glad that you got out of there! Yikes.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 01:25:14 )
@Totalanimefan: Well the old job did a lot of collection work, aka Foreclosures and filing stuff for banks in BK. I was on the Bankruptcy team, so much nicer, but with the freeze on all of it the had to layoff tons of people during covid. I have friends who still worked there, but today management fired everyone and is shutting down. So glad to have a different legal job.

So I've been to the FL a few times. That's where my fiance proposed to me actually in 2019. So I really want to see the Cali one. Plus go see other sights. I've never left the east coast time zone.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 01:28:21 )
@Ava: I totally understand what you're saying. A pretty positive friend of mine says "I love the word no, every no I get gets me one no closer to a yes!" You got this Ava, I know you can do it :)

@Colin: Haha, that scene in JLD: Apokolips War was great. I'm morbidly interested in how Constantine and King Shark even met let alone dated. There should be a movie about it. Not to mention a "wtf happened to their relationship" answer.

@Totalanimefan: I'm ok. I have some elevated CO2 levels (nothing 'above average' according to my doc, although I'm right on the line of being over average) and mild dehydration. I'll live. I'm on some meds to help with both problems though.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 01:29:51 )

@Rei Ann: I would think that collections would be making bank with how many people are/were out of work. I'm sorry for your friends that lost their jobs.
Wow that's so cool! What town/city did he propose in?

Cali is cool, different from the east coast for sure. And in March it should be nice. Not too cold and no wildfires.

@SorrowTheMad: Do they think that's what's causing your headaches? And do you have to take migraine meds?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 01:35:19 )
@Totalanimefan: Expect a lot of places said that banks couldn't foreclosure. Like here wouldn't allow people until July 1st. Which is good to give people a chance to catch up, but if they are still out of work, I don't know how they can.

He did it at Disney, it this restaurant called Sebastian's bistro. I'm a big little mermaid fan, and had gotten a custom little mermaid ring box. It was very cute.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.