Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 21:37:38 )

@CooperationIsKey: oh no. I’m glad the dog is ok though.
I feel like we haven’t chatted in a while. How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 21:57:44 )
I keep disappearing from here.
XD
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 22:47:04 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm doing all right. Better today than I have the past couple weeks tbh. Actually been a little bit motivated to do things. My depression has been pretty bad recently and I've been sleeping too much. Trying to get things back under control. Also Minecraft ate me for a while, so there's that, lmao.

How are things with you? :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 23:19:50 )

@ArsenicAttitude: That's ok. We will always welcome you back ^^ How's your SO doing? How are you doing?

@CooperationIsKey: That's rough. I'm glad you are out of it for a least a little while. I know what it's like to have bad depression and I feel like it's hard not too right now. The world is shit atm lol.
Do you feel like you have been doing anything to help the depression? Like eating better or showering? Or did it just kinda happen?
Things with me are good. As you know I was at a con last week. That post con depression tho. I'm going back to school starting Sept 1st. I already paid the tuition. ^^ So I have things to look forward to, and that has really helped me lately. We also got our foundation on the house fixed. They are almost done with it. We knew that it needed doing, but we didn't know it was as bad it as is until we had the guys out here. Our house was a few inches different on one side. It made the doors upstairs not able to close. They would get jammed when you would try to do that. ^^; But also since the work was worst it ended up costing up almost double. I'm so mad at the past homeowners for not fixing it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 00:38:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: Seems I have some musical discoveries to make!

@totalanimefan: Wow. Just... I mean... wow. I mean, huge relief he passed them, but... still, wow. That sounds like a headache and a half.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 02:12:47 )

@Totalanimefan:
Yeah, I'm hoping this boosted mood lasts a while; being miserable isn't fun. :P I don't know that I did anything in particular, other than I got out of the house to get some groceries? But I mean Sunday roommate and I went to her cousin's house to hang out in her pool (actually a large livestock tank lmao!) for the afternoon, and I still had my mood dip back down after that too. So who knows.

Ah, post con depression sucks, yeah. All you can do I guess is look forward to the next one. That's awesome for school; I'm excited for you! I don't think I could ever go back to traditional school but I'm tempted to try one of those online learning sites like Skillshare or something to learn some new tricks. Maybe video editing/filming stuff.

Oh gosh, yeah, a messed up foundation is a pain! Did you have cracks in the walls too, or were the doors your biggest clue? Glad you were able to get it fixed but I don't blame you at all for being miffed about having to do it.

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 03:18:29 )
@Colin: Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! is awesome. I heard the name and kinda rolled my eyes because of the name (since it's a reference to The Goonies) but the lead's clean vocals are really solid, and his distorted is really awesome too. I'd probably recommend Pull You Under or City of Light for a first listen. Jinjer is probably my second favorite band, but if you're gonna check them out I recommend Pisces as your first listen. Not because it's shocking when the shift happens but because it REALLY shows off what Tati can do as their vocalist, both sides of her voice.

I listen to basically anything with a bass guitar though so if you have a particular subgenre you like I can probably give recommendations. :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 04:02:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: I'll look them up, then!

And my musical tastes are all over the map. My main spotify playlist is... a mishmash.

Though, narrowing it down to Metal, I think I've somehow managed to become a Thrash enthusiast, given my recent tastes.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 05:20:04 )
@Colin: Haha, I get you man. :) My interests change by the day. But as long as you can handle distorted vocals you should like the bands I mentioned. Volbeat is a little free since they are just hard rock. I'm curious what you're into now :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 05:37:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Ah thank you! <3 I'm doing good. How about you?
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 05:38:37 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Right now? It's... weird. A lot of Three Days Grace, some older Green Day, Scythelord, as I mentioned before, and some Good Charlotte.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 20:24:14 )
@Totalanimefan: lol yeah I use it pretty often xD I also have magnet and mirror backs so I’ve made a collection of things. First things I made were magnets of my fave avi arts I’ve gotten over the years :)

I haven’t sold anything yet but I purchased a bunch of elements that I’m able to use to design things so I’ve played around with those. Eventually I’ll put some of my art on them lol I did make a few for friends of stuff I’ve made for them.
And then also just some images I like, just for my own personal use so I can decorate with magnets lol its really fun :) I used my stimulus money to get 2 presses lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 01:39:16 )
@Colin: Lol. I'm down for it. :) No judgment from me :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 03:08:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: More scythelord and good charlotte, though. Scythelord's more small-time, and I DO like supporting the smaller artists. Plus, I really like the lead singer's Twitch streams/vods and youtube archives of streams.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 03:12:39 )
@Colin: I'll have to check them out then! :D

I discovered Share the Spoils is a LOT worse than I thought. It's one card per turn, and it works like Knowledge Pool. So everyone has access to the cards, and you only get to play one card from the exiled ones per turn, during your turn. Bummer :/

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 03:34:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Lemme know what you think. Just remember that the lead singer has two bands. Scythelord is his more serious one, and Vargskelethor is his piss-take band.

Also, damn. That is nowhere near as good as assumed. Still all right, but... kinda meh?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 05:03:59 )
@Colin: At that point I think I'd just rather play Knowledge Pool, which I won't lol. It's really kinda bad. I ended up giving my opponent the win when I exiled my own Mana Crypt with it, after playing a land. Bummer. I'll find something better though.

Sure, I'll keep that in mind. His voice kind of reminds me of Randy Blythe from Lamb of God, actually. I like it. I started with Earth Boiling Dystopia.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 05:19:36 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Let me know what you find. I may do some internet scouring for such cards as well.

...also, holy crap, you're right! he DOES kind of sound like Randy Blythe! That hadn't occurred to me until you just said it, and I did a quick listen to compare the two.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 05:57:04 )
@Colin: I'm just going to switch it with something a bit more impactful. I've decided to play Chandra, Awakened Inferno, and I think I might try to fit Flamecaller in as well. It was nice playing around with the deck today, because I got to see some of the cards in action, as well as a few of the duds (like Share the Spoils).

Lol! Yeah, I think that's cool that they sound somewhat similar though :) The backing music makes me think of like, a combination of Slayer and Pantera. Very interesting band, I can definitely hear the influences and I like it :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 06:03:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Awakened Inferno! Forgot that one existed, admittedly. Then again, I haven't really used Chandra planeswalkers all that much, admittedly.

And I think Slayer and Pantera are big influences for Scythelord. I believe I recall him discussing the two on one of his VODs a long time ago. Might explain why I like them, though. I mean, I DO like me some Slayer and Pantera.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.