Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Hobbies! What do YOU do for funsies?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 02:13:23 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@CooperationIsKey: Oh hell yeah.
I got a ton of characters. 76 with profiles, and plenty more (somewhere around the same number, I think?) that still NEED profile.s

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 02:13:28 )

@MoodyB:
Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the break will give you the refresh you need!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 02:13:54 )
@cooperationiskey: Same lol. All of the character creation in The Sims series, Sims 4 is somewhat better than the previous Sims games I've ever played (I know I'll probably get hated on for saying that ._. ) I like how I can just make my sims dress up without any gender/voice restriction and can make decent attractive sims without using a lot of custom contents at least haha. c: And lol, it sucks when you accidentally pressed or clicked the wrong button ^^;

Ooh I see! :o And yeah, there are Youtube tutorials that are great but then there are said tutorials aren't really great either. I personally don't like overly long tutorials without any specific points lol.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 02:37:26 )

@Amber Lynne: Holy cow, that's a lot! It seems I currently have exactly 50 characters on my Toyhouse. I'm not sure how many have profiles or not, though. Some are just art galleries.

Also like 10 of those characters have no names yet.

@ChiffonOrange:
Granted I didn't play much of 2 and I don't think I played 3 at all, but I think 4 is best in terms of customization, too. It's very, I dunno, open-ended I guess. I adore recreating my characters as Sims though so that generally requires some custom content (and sometimes a lot of it!). And yes! I felt so bad; he was in a relationship with his fellow Adult sim, and all of a sudden he was an Elderly sim on death's door. Oopsie.

I agree with you on tutorials; the rambling ones are too hard to follow. Clear and concise with set points is definitely easiest to follow.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 02:54:26 )
@cooperationiskey: I used to play from 1 untill 3 before 4 came out, since I'm not a fan of 3 despite have played it (I only liked the colour wheel and sometimes the personality traits they have) as I prefer 2 due to nostalgia or early to late 2000s aesthetic (lol). And yeah, I agree with you about 4's robust character creation (for a Sims game nonetheless!) and I see, that's very understandable depending on what kind of custom contents you want to use for your sims. Ouch, I feel sad for your sim Dx That means your sim's Adult love partner is going to have those sad thoughts/moodlets soon :c

True, if they still keep rambling I would've skipped to some parts 'till I found a clear point. And yes, the clear ones are easier to follow as you don't get confused. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to ask! Hmmm.... Is Neocities safe? As I was just searching some more info about Neocities on Google then that search pop up (Is Neocities safe) showed up. ^^;

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 03:22:05 )

@CooperationIsKey: And almost all are in the same world =D
No.. I don't like creating characters and stories, not at all... > >
Also, I threw a sub at you on TH, if you hadn't seen it. I dunno if you care, but thought I'd mention it regardless.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 03:31:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@CooperationIsKey: I have a lot of stress in my life
outside of art so it started to just...get the better of me.
I took a two week hiatus, and had to cut down on art.

I stream art over on twitch, i used to do 3 days but recently had to cut down to just one day.
and now feeling sort of better where I can do 2 days.
So my body has been on recovery of just resting.

But im feeling a lot better.

my video game addiction has helped me heal and let my body rest a lot tho.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 06:55:10 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
@CooperationIsKey: amoebas are soo cool ;w;! i remember learning about them in biology my sr year
i LOVE invader zim oh my gosh. I never was able to own one of those cool gir hoodies and its still on my wishlist, thanks for reminding me LOL. He was one of those things i doodled on my homework a lot when i was in school! jhonen vasquez is also a huge inspo for me. he also has some cool horror comics that i fell in love with! Which...actually freaked me out a bit when I was younger. Ill have to read them sometime again.
junji is realllly good at what he does, i was reading one of his mangas in my bathtub with a candle..had to turn on the light. its hard to spoop me, so i was kind of salty about it even the anime had me checking my hallways! I think hes great because he doesnt NEED the over abundance of gore in his works to make me feel that sense of uncanny valley, which is a big fear of mine for some reason. Like, the rake? messssed me up. stiiiiilll messes me up.
I would love to get into creepier types of drawing and sculpting but im always ending up making something pink and cute !

I finished acceptance in like two days i feel no shame. havent been that attached to a webseries since homestuck

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 17:36:08 )

@CooperationIsKey: Yep, that's what I think to~

You should! I've listened to some Japanese music as well; I like listening to songs in other languages. Sometimes I'll just pick a random language to try to find songs in.

I've had almost all of the Nintendo consoles. I've only had a few non-Nintendo ones though, just the Sega Genesis and Dreamcast when I was little, a PSP, and the Xbox One which I have now. I actually haven't played Link's Awakening, but it's one of the games I'm interested in. I have too many games I'm interested in though. For Zelda, I've only really played Breath of the Wild and Ocarina of Time. I always think that I want to play more PC games, but Stardew is the only one I've managed to put a decent amount of time to in the last few years. Minecraft is one that I think about playing more sometimes since I do enjoy it when I play it.

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 00:16:00 )

ChiffonOrange:
Yeah, I think I ended up just not saving that game, lmao.

Neocities should be perfectly safe, yeah? That's weird, I have no idea why something would say it's not. I mean it's pretty much just a web host.

@Amber Lynne:
I don't blame you; creating characters is a lot of fun. :D

And thank you! I'll have to check out your account as well. :)

@MoodyB:
That's totally understandable. Stress is no joke. I'm really glad to hear you're doing better though! :D

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 01:01:55 )
@cooperationiskey: Oh my gosh haha xD I do sincerely hope you have a backup save in your game on the other hand.

I see. *nods* I don't know why to be honest, considering I thought it's a cool web hosting site. Then again, if I'm still struggling on html/css (lol) I might think of creating a Dreamwidth account. (Tumblr doesn't sit well for me, same goes for Twitter, Instagram and some other social media sties lol)

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 01:04:06 )

@milkshake:
I never was super into GIR in particular (I love him but he's not my fave character); personally I wanted more Zim stuff but most of the merch, then and now, is GIR. I'd rock a Zim hoodie! With little antennae, heck yeah! But I don't think such a thing has ever existed, lol. I've never read Jhonen's other stuff but I know what you're talking about. If I ever get my books back, I have a signed copy of Squee! among them that I've still never read.

Oh god, I can understand being spooked reading in the dark; I spook very easily and have to be careful what I read or watch, especially if I'm home alone. Including creepypastas, just nope lol. Which sucks, because I also... love horror. :( But gosh, last night there were a noise at my window, I think it was just a normal 'house' noise, or one of the neighborhood cats on my windowsill (they sometimes jump there between this higher platform thingy and the ground), but for a moment I stopped breathing entirely and kinda just laid there in terror for a while. Yay anxiety. 🙄

I don't know how long I have to go on Acceptance, I just hope it doesn't become one of those things that I start and then never go back to even though I love it. I have a problem with doing that. >_>;;

@Starlight:
I enjoy listening to music in other languages, too, but haven't, other than Japanese and a teeny bit of Korean, in a long time. I know in college (so it's been a while lol) I found an Icelandic kids' station I was listening to. That was pretty neat. I don't think it exists anymore but it was interesting. I should check out radio around the world, maybe. 🤔

Lol, I meant I want to play Breath of the Wild; I've been watching a playthrough of Link's Awakening and got the titles confused, lol. I did have some Genesis games on PC back in high school (thank heaven, they were lifesavers!). Back on my lil' Windows 95 computer, lol. With Minecraft, I find I go back forth between my multiplayer server I've been on for years, and playing on my own with like as many mods as I can cram into the game before it crashes, lol. Either way it's fun, but I feel less lonely when I'm on the server.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 01:23:16 )

@ChiffonOrange:
It was an ongoing game that I'd been playing previously, so I didn't lose all progress on it; I think I lost a couple hours. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's a thought, too! I have a Dreamwidth account, technically, though it's just an archive of my old personal blog under a name I don't use anymore. I sometimes blog on my website, but maybe I'll make a new Dreamwidth some day. 🤔

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 01:28:19 )
@cooperationiskey: Ooh I see. (o. o )

I see. Take your time on it, no need to rush. ^^ Dreamwidth is basically LiveJournal but better and.... uhh more NSFW-friendly lol, while I do like the interface and the fact you're not pressured to social often (nothing's wrong with that). There's one thing missing, Dreamwidth needs an option to enable dark mode and of course, maybe a mobile app or version haha

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 01:40:04 )

@CooperationIsKey: Character creation is a drug, lol

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 06:43:50 )

@CooperationIsKey: Oh man, anxiety is the worst if you love horror. I get the same way. I'm more desensitized now, but there are still times where I am terrified to even move out of my bed lol. I live in the woods now and it gets pretty spooky sometimes, have to shut my curtains at night. A few days ago my boyfriend and I heard stomping bi-pedal footsteps upstairs in our room (we sleep on the couch lately due to my morning sickness), and turned on all the lights lmao. We usually hear critters like raccoons or chipmunks, but this sounded like a whole person walking around in huge boots! It didnt help that we watched a video about people living in others houses without them knowing.. xD.

I do that too. Losing interest quickly is a huge issue for me. Probably depression symptoms tbh.
Theres another one I enjoy a lot called Everything is Fine, it doesnt have a bunch up yet but its got a crazy mystery going on.

Please ping me!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 23:30:15 )

@ChiffonOrange: I'm definitely familiar with Dreamwidth, though I haven't actively used it in years. When Livejournal started to die I was looking for an alternative and ended up there. It's a good site, and I like it. Maybe I can figure out how to incorporate it into my site to make my blogging system easier. I know I did that with my old site, once upon a time...

@Amber Lynne: It really is, lol! Although I also find adopting cool designs to be a drug, albeit one that's a bit more costly than creating my own from scratch. I have a whole bunch of fun adopted creations though, that I've then breathed life into with personalities and stories (even if there's not a lot on paper in some cases).

@milkshake: Oh my gosh, I hate to suggest it, but maybe you have a ghost? o3o; Although, LOL, that video probably didn't help!

Oh yeah, it probably IS depression now you mention it. I hadn't thought of that. It's like.... not exactly losing interest but something stops me from going back to stuff. I still haven't finished even the first season of Beastars because I stopped one night to sleep and just never went back to it. "Everything is Fine," huh? Might just have to check that out. :D

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 00:59:42 )
@cooperationiskey: Oh I see. Livejournal used to be a big thing before censorship strikes, hence why many users decided to abandon their LV accounts when it happened. Ah, that is understandable. *nods* Since blogging can be fun as you can write whatever your heart or mind desires. Besides Dreamwidth, there's Pillowfort (it's like Tumblr but more censorship-free I think) but you need to pay $5 for registration (one-time) which is something that I don't like and while it's alright but I feel it's a little boring.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 01:30:55 )

@ChiffonOrange:
Oh yes, I started out on LiveJournal, long before Facebook was a thing! Long before Twitter, even. Fandom on LJ was so big, and then social media kinda drained it away. I like blogging but sometimes I'm too lazy to keep up with it; I haven't blogged on my own site in almost two months, lol. And yeah, I've got a Pillowfort account but I dunno, it really didn't capture my interest that much. I haven't spent a lot of time on it, either, though.

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 01:39:06 )
@cooperationiskey: That's really interesting! :o I didn't know LiveJournal was much older than those sites you've mentioned, social media can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. I see, that's very understandable since not everyone is into blogging as you need to think of what were you going to write lmao. Same except I already deleted my Pillowfort account because it wasn't really great as I thought it would be.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.