Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 18:48:40 )

@Colin: oh no. Stay hydrated this weekend

@SorrowTheMad: oh yeah did you go to a tournament this weekend?

@Lilykin: wow it’s coming along nicely!

@CooperationIsKey: of course! We are happy to have you. ^^ how are you?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 20:17:46 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah! The week before a set releases they have this thing called Prerelease, which is where you buy 6 packs of the set that will be released the following week, then construct a deck out of the cards you opened (we call this Sealed). So I went to two of these events this weekend (since we don't have regular tournaments during these weeks). You get one extra pack per win (or if it's big enough, there's a big prize pool and each person that doesn't get top 8 gets a pity pack). Friday I won all three of my rounds and pulled enough value cards to pay for the event and another one, so I just bought in on Saturday too and it was a ton of fun. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 20:25:43 )

@SorrowTheMad: it sounds like you had a good time and got some good cards! ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 20:34:45 )
@Totalanimefan: I definitely did! Draft and Sealed are fun because it means everyone's on the same power level. No one has $1,500 decks, it's all whatever gets opened in the pack. So a lot of casual players enjoy playing this type of format. I love Draft and Sealed so I love going to these events, they only happen once every couple months though when a set is about to release.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 21:25:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: ....forgot affinity came back. Isn't modular back as well?

@totalanimefan: I plan to!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 21:26:58 )
@Colin: There was a ton of Modular stuff in the set, yes. Unfortunately a lot of it is in a colored Artifact though so most of it isn't so good for Hardened Scales Affinity, but the Glimmerwasp and Urza's Saga are fantastic :D

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 23:18:35 )

@Totalanimefan: Today, mostly bored, lol. You?

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 01:36:14 )

@Totalanimefan: i totally did not get distracted by things (i did), but i hope you had a good time with your visitors!

please @ me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 02:50:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Oof, that sucks. A shame modular was subtly, yet majorly, nerfed like that.

Though Urza's Saga... hell yeah.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 03:00:15 )
@Colin: I think there will be some less powerful, possibly more budget Artifact/Modular decks in the coming months thanks to this, but really I think Urza's Saga and Glimmerwasp are all Hardened Scales really needs to come back. Or, who knows, maybe it will become a colored deck and just not play Ancient Stirrings anymore. I have almost everything to put it together regardless of how the deck changes so I might just play around with it a bit and see what ends up working.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 03:18:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: If you do, lemme know what sort of tech you end up running. I've got a friend that ran hardcore modular back when Mirrodin was the newest set, and I think he'd LOVE to see what sort of things people are building with it now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 12:35:12 )
@Colin: Sure man! I'm thinking about a pretty generic list for now but it might look something like this:

4 Zabaz, The Gimmerwasp
2-4 Steel Overseer
0-2 Metallic Mimic
4 Arcbound Ravager
4 Walking Ballista
4 Hangarback Walker
4 Arcbound Worker

4 The Ozolith
4 Ancient Stirrings
0-2 Goblin Bombardment (since it's legal now lol!)
1-2 Throne of Geth

Lands-Urza's Saga, Inkmoth Nexus, ect

This leaves a few flex slots, I'm honestly eyeing Springleaf Drum as an option for some of those slots. If I add any more colored spells I'm probably going to go down on the Stirrings. I'm not sure what I'd do with it if I went off the Colorless plan.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 14:56:27 )

Back to the grindstone, gotta make money to buy toys :(

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 15:03:58 )

The MTG stuff always goes over my head. I had a few folks in college try to explain it but it's just to much for me lol.

I did use to collect other cards once upon a time. Pokemon, Yugioh, Disney movie cards, Star Wars, AtLA, Bella Sara...

I just liked to look at them lol. At least with the Bella Sara cards they were directly tied to the online game

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 18:09:44 )

@SorrowTheMad: That's pretty cool! It sounds like you had a great time! ^^
Sorry I wasn't around much. On Saturday I was showing the company I had over the city before they left on Sunday morning, and then on Sunday I was tired AF from having company and then I also had to take care of my husband who had food poisoning. :(

@Colin: How was your weekend? For mine, see above lol.

@CooperationIsKey: Yesterday I watched a lot of E3 stuff. Nothing really stood out to me. I'm very much looking forward to Nintendo's presentation tomorrow! I also caught up on some anime.

@Vixen: Haha, what had your attention last week? Yeah we had a good time. They were still working a lot but at least they had the weekend off so my husband and I showed them around. From last Monday to Saturday I walked 65km over those 6 days 0-0 (That's 40 miles) I went for at least a 2 mile walk everyday but also when they were off we walked at least 10 miles a day showing them the city (and cause they didn't want to take the bus haha)

@Lilykin: I used to collect Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I didn't play Pokemon TCG much but I did for Yu-Gi-Oh and I had a lot of fun doing that back then.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 18:11:54 )

Happy Monday all,

I'm taking care of my husband who is recovering from food poisoning. He's ok now though. Maybe later we will go for a walk or something just so we don't lay in bed all day.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 19:51:03 )

@Totalanimefan: I didn't know how to play any of them I just liked the cards and completing sets 😂

Food poisoning is the pits, I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 22:01:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Pretty solid creature base, shame ravager isn't a construct (iirc it's a 'Beast'). And Springleaf Drum could prove useful, I admit. If you were to put some in, you think you'd knock out a copy of each legendary in there or something? Ie: 3 Zabaz and Ozolith? I love the inclusion of Throne of Geth, plus Goblin Bombardment would be hilarious! if it wasn't for the fact it might stretch your mana pools too think (assuming you place to utilize Zabaz to its full extent), I'd suggest Inexorable Tide.

@totalanimefan: My weekend was pretty all right. Not very eventful. A shame to hear about your husband, though. He doing better now?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/14 23:28:18 )
@Colin: Correct, Ravager is a Beast. I want to prepare for people using Void Mirror with Springleaf Drum, I'm expecting several people to be playing it in the side for Tron and Affinity hate, although I normally play quite a bit of Colored mana so I'm not worried about it. I'll probably just add the Springleaf Drums as is without removing anything, as that will still leave me with 20 lands and a max curve of 2 (I also don't plan on playing 4 Overseer AND 2 Mimic, will will be a 4 card split however I change it. Zabaz is fantastic even though it's Legendary since you just Sac it to the Legend rule which moves his counters to something else. And if I read this correctly, you'll get two instances of Zabaz adding counters to the new one since it's an "enters with" ability rather than an ETB, so it should get the counters before state based effects take effect (I'm pretty sure anyway). And Bombardment would make a lot of Stalemates into wins, since I can just pop a huge Hangarback, and start saccing the tokens.

@Totalanimefan: Not a problem at all, Total! I'm glad you got to hang out with some company. I hope your husband is doing ok. Sorry to hear about food poisoning :/ That really sucks. Hope you guys had fun at least

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 00:10:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: You ARE correct with what would happen with Zabaz. It's a good strat, too. Also, makes sense to plan for Void Mirror. And fair play on the Bombardment.

Could turn a mirror match into a win for you, without relying heavily on luck.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.