Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange The Trash Heap [S] CIs+RIGs+more

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/17 20:24:58 )

@Count Trashula: hey, how are you? ^^

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 02:51:51 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Trade accepted on my end. Thanks!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 02:52:11 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm doing all right. How about you?

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 03:06:27 )

Cat Cafe for 2.5k? if not ill buy for 5 lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 05:51:38 )

@Count Trashula: I’m good as well. Not too much going on for me right now. What about you?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 20:31:28 )
@Count Trashula: if you’re still looking I’m selling victory curls for like 10k.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 23:22:51 )

@Rayon Declaire: Aye, I prefer to sell them for my listed price. If you're still interested, I'll send you a trade!

@Totalanimefan: Mostly just busy dealing with all the stuff I have to do now that I've moved. Way too much to keep up with tbh. Hopefully next time we move it'll be easier since it won't be so far away and we won't be starting off without so many things...

@Lina: Sure, I'll send you a trade if that amount is good with you!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 23:50:36 )
Fabulous. Thank you

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 17:32:09 )

@Count Trashula: I moved cross country in Aug 2020. It was soo much work. I don't envy you. I hope that you are really enjoying your new place/new town. That to me makes it worth it. I did from SF to DC. What about you?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:19:25 )

@Totalanimefan: Nothing quite that far! Same state, just 5-6 hours away. Far enough that I had to leave my job and spend a lot of money getting my stuff moved, which has been the cause of a lot of my stress about the move... but it's not a bad place, quieter than where I'm from, so I'll probably be much happier once I get my stuff sorted out. I am dreading going back to work and basically starting all over again, though.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:23:15 )

@Count Trashula: Still is far and pretty much like a reset. Is it in the same timezone? What made you want to move?
Sucks that you had to leave your job. I don't know what you did, but you couldn't have done it remotely or just transfer to another branch?
Starting over and being the new person can suck when you didn't mind working at the last place you worked. I'm a temp, so I have to be the new person a lot. Just know that most places are nice and they are happy to have a new person, and if they aren't, well then they suck lol.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:45:04 )

@Totalanimefan: Same time zone, at least. Was living with a family member, so I've been trying to move out for years. As for why this area in particular, I wanted to be farther away from the city and closer to the beach. My partner's job was also pressuring her to move this way (she works in insurance, and they have a lot of members/potential members out here). We're about 12 miles from the beach now, so that's cool.
I worked at a grocery store, though, so there was no way to work remotely and I couldn't transfer because the nearest location had no openings. There was a store in this town, but it got shut down and they sent everyone from there to the next closest one, so that location is full indefinitely.
I'm still mad because my work lied to me about being able to transfer and I basically got screwed out of a job; by the time they told me "actually you CAN'T get the transfer" (after telling me that I could, several times), we were already under contract and preparing to move. We had to fight hard to get the place we did, and this house wasn't our first choice. People are snatching up houses as soon as they hit the market around here. So once we got it, we couldn't let it go, especially with the huge pressure my friend's job was putting on her to move and start working remotely. If we had known from the start that I wouldn't be able to transfer, we could have looked into moving to other locations. Too late now--and to top it all off, the district manager threw me under the bus and actually said I didn't do my "due diligence" in asking for a transfer, when I had not only been asking for MONTHS in advance and getting the same answer each time, but had a 'yes' answer IN WRITING from my store manager, which is exactly what I was supposed to do. If there was anything else I should have done, it was on the managers for not telling me when I asked. I will never not be mad about this :'^)

I'm also worried about finding new work bc this place, while pretty laid back, has a LOT of conservative-type people. It's right up on a military base, so that's pretty much to be expected, but I'm always lowkey nervous about what kind of environment I'm gonna wind up in.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:49:02 )

Oh I see. Seems like a good move overall and just your company screwed you
I read your rant and that made me really mad. Like screw them. I heard that lots of restaurants are hiring, maybe you could try there?

Oh did you move to San Diego? It's beautiful there, but it can be tough and expensive.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 01:06:37 )
@count trashula:

hiya, can I buy these in exchange or art service?

CRATE: 30kvolts
-Cat Cafe x2- 5k
-Miss Mary Annette x2- 5k
-Hardboiled Detective x2- 5k

RIG: 14kvolts
-Knickerbockers x1- 2k
-90s Grunge x1- 12k

Total worth: 44k volts = 2200Ohms / 22USD

would you like 1 character request (up to bust) of art in either block style or cell shading?

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 06:31:17 )

@Count Trashula: 90s grunge 12k x1
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 00:49:11 )

Sorry everyone for the delay! Been busy lately with IRL stuff.

@Totalanimefan: Nah, I'm on the opposite side, on the east coast lol. I live in NC. As far as jobs, I'm probably just gonna apply to the grocery store across the street. Doesn't have as good of pay/benefits as my last job, but it's probably the quickest/easiest place to get hired right now.

@Kairu: I like the look of your cell shading style! I'll send you a trade for the items; if you're still interested, we can work out details for the art.

@Rayon Declaire: Sorry for the wait; sending you the item in trade now.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 03:38:22 )

@Count Trashula: oh I see. Is the cost of living there low? That might be your best bet and then look for something better while you are working there.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 05:35:16 )
@Count Trashula: no worries, have I contacted you in discord before? if not, i can send you voltra message.
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 14:27:12 )
@Count Trashula: I have a Merlantis I can trade you if your still looking for one. Would you trade a Drum Dame and volts for it?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 16:18:33 )

@Totalanimefan: It's fairly low, yeah. I think NC overall has a lower cost of living, and then the city I moved to is a bit lower than than the one I came from. Housing and rent are lower by a lot (unless you wanna get closer to the beach, then it gets ridiculously high). My car insurance also dropped after moving here, so that's good.

@Kairu: I don't think so, but I do have a Discord if that's easier for you. Beelzeboar#2812 Or you can message me on Volta; either way!

@Kay: Absolutely; how many volts are you looking for?

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.