Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello! Newbie here.

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 23:29:54 )
@edelaen: hello there :) welcome to voltra.. glad you joined us.. I'm on a few avatar sites but this one is my favourite.. if you need anything don't hesitate to ask ^.^
Sent some goodies

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 23:42:29 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Welcome to Voltra! It's a much smaller avatar site than some places but its 10/10 would recommend

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 23:53:47 )

@Edelaen: Gaia 2000's memories are some of my best memories from that decade.
Yea Solia is still around but the removed all the old items and the only way to be on there is to play what's like a flash game. Not really any forums anymore.
I loved Ernya. I wish that it wouldn't have shut down. They should have sold the site, but it is what it is. Maybe you can find a home here too. There are lots of us from Solia and Ernya on here.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 00:15:30 )

@Edelaen: Welcome to Voltra! I love how you layered those hairs together! :o
I hope you enjoy it here! :3

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 11:12:43 )

@lilmisskushy: Hello There! Thank you so much for your kindness, I really appreciate your help, this is very generous offer! <3 Thank you very very much!

@nephila: Can I give you some advises that really helped me to progress? There are few steps that make you understand your work more and when you will figure it out you'll be like: "Oooooh that's it". 8D
I've got many galleries, but some of them contains old works, so I should figure it out actually. I've got DA account too, but I wasn't updating it for a while. I need to create a new account and start from the beggining. At least, I can show you my last work.

@Fading Kings: Hello there, and thank you! Yes, I already really like this place. I'd like to be in that wonderful family.

@totalanimefan: I will always remember these outstanding fun times on Gaia with bootygrab game, chatterbox fun, art, roleplaying and so on. I've been watching even old videos on youtube about it and that was really joyful... Then it's really sad that Solia is dead. That community have always impressed me with fantasy themed mood. I'd be happy to stay here for a while. You guys are my saviours. 8D

@Ruby: Hello there! Thank you for a warm welcoming! 8D And yeah, I was trying to figure these hairs out to make it look like my canon as close as possible.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 13:54:12 )
Welcome :)

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 14:05:28 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Welcome! Hope youl have fun here ^^
What kinda rpgs do you play?
And where could i see your art?

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 16:12:45 )

@lemonshark: Thank you, buddy! 8D

@goblinsandtea: Hi there! Oh, I've played many of them. I enjoy Elder Scrolls series, AC Valhalla, Dragon Age series, The Witcher and mmorpgs. What about my art - soon I'm planning to make a thread about it, because my works are disordered on many websites. I've made a post in this thread a bit higher - under the spoiler you may see one art of mine. Thank you for asking!

@nephila: Nah, I didn't mean a style or anatomy advices or critiques towards your art, just little tips that could help you to improve only from your own mind, that is all. It is very nice that you've found yourself! Can I see you DA anyway? 8D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 16:23:16 )

@Edelaen: yes! Sometimes I even put on the Gaia towns music on YouTube so I can listen to it. I also loved playing zomg too.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 16:31:40 )

@totalanimefan: Ohhhh yes, ZOMG was fun.
But I remember playing it and getting stuck at some quest or I don't really remember where. But it was fun anyway.
I was a gold hunter much, and when I've opened my Art Shop I became a rich babe lmao.
Gaians were hungry for any art people could afford, so was I. I've been drawing art + buying art from other talented artists + buying items from the wish list.
Ah, what a wonderful time. And that movie on YT "NIGHT OF THE LIVING NOOBS" is still my favourite, lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 16:33:56 )

@Edelaen: yeah I got stuck on the beach part and I don’t know what I was supposed to do next. Lol
Lots of people got their art start on Gaia. Lots of memories of that. I would vend to make my money ^^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 16:34:02 )

@lilypoo: Ooooh yes, thank you very much! 8D <3

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 16:37:50 )

@totalanimefan: So sad that gold inflation just ruined the website. I remember that active members on Gaia have been holding the position from 30k till 100k people, depending on the day time. Now it's fairly 2-3k. What a doom. And everyhting costs billions and trillions. That hurts much. :"U

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 16:41:09 )

@Edelaen: I remember those days too. The inflation is just crazy because of that guy that took over that’s no longer around. He just got rich with gold generators and then dumped the site back on Lanzer (and he never should have sold it)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 16:56:42 )

@totalanimefan: I don't really remember why inflation had started but "Lanzer" sounds very familiar. Could you remind me please what happened? Because anything I remember - shocked out and mad people around the site complaining about ruined community.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 17:16:43 )

@Edelaen: Thanks for the friend request! ^^ I accepted.
Yeah so Lanzer was the original founder and he ran the site. He sold it in 2010 or 2011 to a business man and he became the new CEO. He just flooded the market for years with RIGs but instead of items you got random amounts of gold, some people if they were lucky won billions. They were sold for real money, so he made a fortune. People started quitting and people were banned if you spoke bad of him. People called him Goldemort. Also during this time social media became really popular (2010 to 2016 I think is the year Lanzer came back), so that didn't help either.

Then in 2016 Lanzer bought the site back and it had a lot of debts and almost nothing had been updated except for the premium shops to get people to spend money. Because of the smaller user base it was harder to get investors on board with giving money too. Since then I think more of the debts have paid off but Gaia is still a shell of what it used to be. What's hard I think is that people that where once on Gaia, or are starting anew can't join in because things cost way too much. There is a new currency called Platinum that is the same as gold and you can freely switch between the two currencies and the money is the same. It just makes the numbers that you work with smaller. I think the ratio is 10,000,000 gold to 1 Plat, so the amount of currency you have looks smaller but is the same. What they really need is good plat/gold sinks. Commons almost never get updated because it costs money but doesn't make money and same for other types of gold sinks.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 17:31:20 )

@totalanimefan: Thank you for accepting!
Ohhh, now I get the point. Thank you for telling me about what was wrong.
I'm also thinking about gold sinks, or re-adressing all gold to plat and start from the beginning.
Community could bring the auditory back, but I don't know why they aren't doing it.
So many years have passed through and all what I get (as I've noticed) is a daily-giving prize with ammount of millions-billions gold.
I'm sure it's not an easy task to remake all the economy of such a huge community, but nothing is being done, just dumped.
I may not be right, but it's what I see.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 17:40:14 )

@Edelaen: It's hard, because you don't want to take away from the people that have spend all of their time on Gaia for years getting what they have. Also some people store their wealth in items, and some in pure. If you take away the pure, that's also not fair to those that have their wealth in pure, people with the items would become way richer without doing anything.

You still want gold to be generated because what about the new users they want to be able to buy items?
Then with gold sinks you have to have them regularly and do them in a way that gets people to spend their gold willingly.

So all of that is really hard, and you are doing that while trying to update all of the flash games to HTML5, and get out new items, and go through ticket reports, etc etc

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 17:50:08 )

@totalanimefan: I guess you are right. There are many more nuances than just radically do something. Looks like it's gone forever, unless time will show that Gaia may rise from the dead.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 17:51:32 )

@Edelaen: I hope Gaia doesn't go away, I want it to be fixed, but I don't know if that will happen, but if it's gone forever that would make me really sad. It's honestly apart of internet history.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.