Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Friends... or so i thought?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 18:51:39 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

So a few years ago i met this person (ill call her rock) on a con and me and Rock really got along well.
We had similer intrests and dispite me having social anxiety and just being bad at staying in touch with ppl i tried to interact with them weekly.
Whenever there was a con we would messag eachother and meet up briefly (just saying hi, short convo) and then we went our seperate ways. On few ocasions we even went in a group (Rock, another friend of mine and me) and hung out all day.
Rock and i even went to shop for books in the city bc i was intrested in some but din knew any places.
I really liked Rock as a friend but as they started getting new intrests and me not being able to catch up to those we kinda lost contact. She then also stopped using instagram so just to be able to like keep interacting with Rock i made a Twitter and Tumblr.

Its now been a good few months since me and Rock talked, however whenever i went on twitter i saw my feed was filled with her stuff. Yesterday before sleeping while in bed i went on twitter (i know bad thing to do b4 sleep) and i saw nothing from rock? I was like ok? i search them in the ppl i follow and she dosnt apear? Im verry confused. So i search them and Rock blocked me?

I was so shocked and hurt. Igo on my second art acc wich she also blocked.
I go on instagram, where dispite her not posting i still followed her but she deleted me from it.
So im like devestated? i have no idea whats going on? So i message my other friend telling her. And then that friend lets me know shes also deleted from her instagram?

I have no idea what i did, i feel terible and want to cry (i also need to get my monthly T shot so this is affecting me even more lol)
Like its been awhile me and Rock talked but i dont think thats a reasen to be blocked?
But like i thought our friendship was mutual?

On the otherhand, i know my ex gets along with alot of people in the cosplay/con comunity and id honestly wouldnt be suprised they where making it seem like im a horrible person. Somebody that was friends with both of us ended up not being friends with my ex anymore and they told me my ex constantly kept telling them im a bad person. (not saying what i did is good but we where both bad, on top of that they where a verry toxic person and in the end i couldnt handle it anymore)

I still have Rocks phone number but i feel like if she blocked me it means she wants no contact anymore so i also dont want to disrepect that

Sorry guys just had to vent :')

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:01:22 )
It may be possible she's just going through some stuff right now. It may not be personally directed at you. It sucks though, not knowing. Just remember that it's not your job to please everyone and as long as you're living your life as best you can, that's enough.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 19:15:02 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I honestly don't think it's anything you did.
Sometimes people make up views in their heads how they view people.
You did nothing wrong but it seems Rock made up her mind who she thought you were without ever
talking to you about it and just didn't seem interested in the friendship anymore.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/31 00:59:23 )

It doesn't sound like you did anything to deserve to be blocked. Sadly friends come and go. I do hope you start to feeling better about the situation at hand. I know how hard it can be making friends having social anxiety.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 15:28:41 )
Most of what I'd say has already been said here. I think it's important to not dwell on it as much as you can, and do your best to live in the moment and accept the loss. I know that's easier said than done, and I hope I don't sound like a jerk. That's just how I've coached myself through similar issues.

I've had instances where friends have shut me out for a few years, and then come back with an apology and explained that there was Some Weird Shit going down in their life that made them freak out. I've also been the friend to shut people out and randomly show back up. Friends don't always come back, but there's a chance that they can.

Overall I'm really sorry this happened to you, and with such magnitude. Wishing you healing.
ping me for best results

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.