Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 21:07:14 )

@xvz: just general browsing :) and reading etc.

I remember you talking about those stories you were going to write. What's stopping you?

Yes alone time is super important. I can't have any distractions or it really saps my concentration. I put my ambient sounds on and sit in low light, and once I've done that the inspiration starts to flow. But yeah I can't write when I'm surrounded by people :o

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:03:42 )

@xvz: Yeah I feel the same way about food banks, and if there was ever a year to donate to them it's this year. It really saddens me to see so many people going hungry. I thought that this was supposed to be the wealthiest and best nation in the world and yet we let so many go hungry.
Yeah we are exchanging gifts. I asked him for a SAD Lamp and winter boots. He got a PS5 and shaving stuff.
I would like to work cause money, but it's not an absolute. We can pay all our bills but working is nice too. I just won't work in person. It has to be remote and that can be hard for temp workers.
Wind from the fan would be a good idea. Do you think you got all of them? Getting bit a ton sucks.

@sunny: Oh yay! What's the new tablet? Is it still Samsung?

@Vixen: Nice to see you around ^^ I was just thinking yesterday that I hadn't seen you in a while!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:04:44 )

Sorry that I haven't been around. I might be buying a house. I really like the house but it's going to be hard for me to leave my current place I'm renting. We are thinking about it seriously though.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:10:17 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah Samsung A8. It's smaller than my first one but I'm liking it so far! How are you today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:10:52 )

@Totalanimefan: congrats on potentially buying a house!!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:12:02 )

@Liztress: True. Oh I should say with the advent calendar tickets you will be able to enter those tickets for prizes Probably Jan 1st. You will have two chances per account to win past items! Last year I just won some past event item bundles, but other people won rarer prizes!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:12:46 )

@sunny: I haven't heard of that one but I'm happy that you like it.
Thank you. It's a really good deal but it's a lot of work and stress to buy a house so we are thinking it over.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:33:22 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah I bet :o buying a house sounds so stressful omg.
Oh! I got my appointment through from the genetics clinic! 5th January :)

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:57:45 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@shadami: ohh i see ^^ i didn't realize u had multiple sibs
that's sweet :"-) it's nice to get birthday wishes at midnight!!! it's super thoughtful imo <3
do the three of u play games together?? or it's a diff vibe b/n diff sibs?

@sunny: ah gotcha ^^ what have u been reading lately??

haha tru... i guess i'm scared in a way ... like what if it turns out bad haha
but i think bc i have enough time on my hands maybe it doesn't matter?? i don't have a routine / habit of it either but i guess u can always start anytime? :0

i usually live alone but rn i'm in a diff living situation and have a few housemates :0 it's kind of a diff mindset but i also can get alone time if i want... maybe i'll try writing in the mornings and nights? :3
i think for art stuff i've gotten in the habit of doing regularly... but not as much for writing but i guess it takes time to develop :-) what time of day do u do most of ur writing? or is it like an anytime thing?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 00:02:25 )

sunny also omg let us know how the vaccine goes :0
is it one time or do u have to do a second one? let us know how it feels n stuff :0

@totalanimefan: btw my work just started doing weekly mail at home covid tests!! :3

yeah i feel u ... i think w food insecurity it's not at all an issue of, is there enough food. like the issue is w inequality and distribution
for the food bank u pick is it local ones to u?
winter boots would be a good investment :0 i guess u have to walk ur dog too lol ... have u ever encountered black ice?? so scary! :0

mm tru ... i think it can also be kind of nice to have something to stay occupied w during the day?? ^^
like free time / leisure is def nice but it can feel ... idk a little boring if there's ... too much of it? >_>

i didn't get any bites last night i don't think! :3 fingers crossed :0

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 02:28:52 )

@xvz: my older brother is actually working on video game design. Years ago he went for 3d modeling school. And now he's back in game design. He just made a board game for tabletop simulator and my little brother, his son, and I blind tested it for him because it's part of his class.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 02:56:08 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah i talked too much over the reaping event and had nothing left to say haha

please @ me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 04:17:21 )

@sunny: yeah it is. And I don’t know if I want to buy it yet. I don’t know if I do want it or if I don’t. I wish I just knew one way or another.
Congrats on your appointment date!!! That’s exciting.

@xvz: wow that’s great! I told you my husband gets them too? In the past and earlier in the year I donated just to local ones. Or local to the people that I was donating for. This year I just did 2nd harvest food bank in general because they can give the money to where it is needed most. I’m sure there is a lot of inequality with ones with money and ones without.
I walked over black ice in England. I fell on my ass and it hurt lol. I haven’t since then though. I hope I don’t this year either lol
Good that you didn’t get any bites lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 04:18:09 )

@Vixen: haha I feel like I haven’t been as busy since that event too. Which is unusual for me but it was more like I’m doing stuff in real life and I’ve been playing Pokémon go.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 11:18:02 )

@totalanimefan: haha yeah you mentioned, i thought i would bring it up to you bc of that!

oof yeah i remember the first time i slipped on ice! same, i fell on my ass and it hurt lol - now i'm pretty scared of slipping and falling in the winter :0 though i guess i won't be out much this year anyway

sigh i thought it was over but i think there was a mosquito again last night !! i think i ordered some mosquito stuff at like 4-5am lol

how's the house stuff going?? what's the place like?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 11:19:28 )

@shadami: oh that's cool ^^ i used to do some 3d modeling a few years ago, sometimes it's not the modeling itself that's hard but learning the software and the program's interface @@

how does the board game work, is it like a custom mode for it? some of my friends played cards / rummy on the tabletop simulator earlier this year :0

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 14:15:23 )

@xvz: what vaccine? I haven't heard anything about a vaccine yet :O do you know something I don't?

I think if you're worried about not being good enough, then you'll never get started and you'll be stuck. There's only one way you can get better - practise. It really helps to get onto a routine!! Soon it will become second nature.

I always write at night, between 8pm and 11pm. I think one of the most helpful things you can do is set aside time for writing, and get into that routine!! It takes a bit of work to begin with, but it's worth it.

@Totalanimefan: it sounds like something is holding you back from buying the house. It hope you can get some clarity soon!!
It is exciting! But I'm super nervous lmao.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 20:34:00 )

@xvz: he had to first create a balanced game, the rules, cards, ect. And then you code it into how the actual program works. We were basically playtesters for a near finished game. Making sure everything was self explanatory without the creator right there. (Though he was xD to see how it went and get feedback)

Then it's basically a mod that he can put out there for others to download and play. But he can't do that until after class. XD I plan to play it again when it goes up cause it was super fun.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 03:42:50 )

@xvz: we used to play all the time together when our older sibling was "babysitting " us. I started gaming at idk. 4 because of him. And since we've led different lives it's a different dynamic with each of us. XD
But when we do game together it's a great time.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 19:01:23 )

@xvz: I'll PM you the house and you can tell me what you think about it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.