Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/4 22:53:34 )

@Hachi: it was a end of year lab haha. and no, you can't eat any of it; it just artificial scents i think if i recall correctly, not flavors ouo;; there was a pear one that was so pungent...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 00:22:53 )

@Hachi: In the last few years I've really tried to have less sugar and for the most part it works except now I find donuts too sweet T_T
Mango stars are mango jelly shaped like stars and they are cute and chewy. I heard that Boba Guys is good but I never got a chance to try out that chain while I lived in CA. The lines were always too long.

Luckily my husband is handy, but not good enough to redo an entire bathroom or something like that. The thought of having to work on a house again is a lot. But the plus side is that you get to pick what you want both in terms of look and how good it is. Like if you cook or bake a lot and you want a good stove/oven you can get one. You aren't stuck with the crappy one in your apartment. I found that the nice fridge I bought for my last place with so efficient that it kept food longer than the one in my current apartment. I would say that overall if you had to only know one skill, cooking is probably more important. lol. I think about that too. What if I bought a house and then I saw one I liked better later? Then what? lol. Or what if you bought a condo and then a new building just went up in your neighborhood and those were way nicer for the price? lol

I don't think that you are typing too much per reply. Look at my replies in this thread today. They have been long too lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 00:25:56 )
Hachi:

I remember seeing mayo ice cream at some point and yeah...... id try it
Hijikata has entered the chat

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 01:07:03 )

@Totalanimefan: oh no maybe someone makes low-sugar donuts? if not then.. HMM possible business venture
I've also heard good things about boba guys I wanna go one day

laughs nervously bc I also barely know how to cook
you know what, I pride myself on being the only one of my college roommates who knew how to use a toilet plunger
gotta keep those standards low

ahh yeah being able to pick out the design is nice my supervisor redid her kitchen recently and it's VERY nice (I helped pick out the cabinet handles... gunmetal, hell yeah) and then she told me she might move in 5 years and I was like?? BUT YOUR NEW KITCHEN!!

crying im like this with everything
I'll buy an item on voltra and then the next day someone is selling it for 1k cheaper and I feel a piece of my soul leave my body ADLKFJ

@Vixen: that still sounds fun tho, I like the concept also probably better not to let the students eat things in lab ALDKFJ
haha im imagining it smells like that pear-flavored jelly belly.. another oddly accurate artificial flavor

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 01:07:13 )
I was going to come chat
But mayo ice cream!?!?

Bye

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 01:08:21 )

hey don't knock it til you try it

im crying bc I only know very select things about gintama, and one of them is that hijikata just straight-up eats entire bowls of mayonnaise, what a legend

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 01:10:52 )
I know nothing about gintama except it was cool like 15 years ago and is suddenly coming back?

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:40:21 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

hmm i would try mayo ice cream once but i would not buy a pint of it lol ...

also i love those jelly cups did yall ever freeze them
i feel like putting laundry detergent would make u wanna eat laundry pods more ?? lol

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:45:11 )

@totalanimefan: total i think i asked u in my art shop thread but not sure if u missed the ping or were avoiding the question lol
(no pressure to answer if it was the latter) is there a reason ur spouse is so eager to buy (vs. waiting closer til the end of ur lease)?

and if u wanna skip the question lol - happy friday! anything u look forward to this weekend?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 05:19:26 )

@Hachi: pear flavor jelly belly was disturbingly accurate too; definitely one of my favorite flavors XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 20:33:52 )

@Vixen: I feel like every time I have that one I'm always surprised by how much it tastes like pear, like I can't get over it alksdfj
I also feel the same about any banana-flavored candy, I'm not really sure that I like it but I'm intrigued by it

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 20:38:34 )

DKLFJD mayo ice cream sounds gross, but consider:
mayo is creamy and made of eggs, it also needs an acid (maybe they use lemon juice instead of vinegar) these ingredients arent too strange for an ice cream
turkey ice cream is significantly more cursed.
but I'd still try it.

FREEZING THE JELLY CUPS? I did not do that and I feel like Im missing out and need to buy some immediately

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 20:43:24 )

omggg lol ... ok sure i can see the case for mayo ice cream ...
my friend worked at a bakery where they had a sweet corn ice cream ?? it was not bad but i again probably wouldn't get a pint of it lol

i haven't had a frozen jelly cup in a while but i remember it being a nice frozen treat!!! great for summer
(or maybe good yearround for u hachi lol)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 20:57:30 )

I think I can kind of imagine what a sweet corn ice cream would taste like
NAH YEAH I feel like these flavors are too novelty, its for the experience. not to harp on anyone who truly enjoys mayo ice cream
I like my basic ice cream flavors... when it's a basic flavor but the quality is REALLY GOOD, that's the best

hahaHAHA can confirm, I've definitely gone out for frozen yoghurt in the dead of "winter"...

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 21:02:42 )

yeah for sure! and i think some flavors i would only get if i was like, getting a treat a friend ... like i had jalapeno chocolate once, or like sweet cream maybe? (i guess just bc u don't see sweet cream that often in the grocery)

what are ur fav ice cream flavors ? :3 do u like stuff in it or no?

does it get cold at nite where u are :0

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 21:26:59 )

@Hachi: banana flavor is also disturbingly accurate, except i don't particularly care for the flavor tbh. pear on the other hand...

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 21:59:05 )

ohh jalapeno chocolate sounds good.. I really want to try spicy chocolate things haha I think I'd like it!

YES stuff in ice cream is the best... which is why I like cookies n cream haha
caramel and toffee bits are good too. I'm not a super big fan of nuts in ice cream tho, I think bc of the texture
I would kill for an extra rich very chocolatey ice cream
what about you?

uhhHHH cold... hmm it gets colder at night.. it's probably nothing compared to how cold it gets elsewhere tho

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 21:59:26 )

@Vixen: what other pear-flavored things have you come across? I feel like I haven't seen much outside of pear jelly bellys
yeah I think I don't care much for the banana flavor bc it tastes like extra ripe banana.. and I eat bananas when they're like. green ALDKFJFLDJ

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/6 00:58:06 )

@Lina: I think that shit is nasty too. I don't even like Mayo in general.

@Hachi: I was going to reply to this yesterday but here we are lol. What do you think about Krispy Kreme? I always feel like it's just way too sweet.
Yeah that is super important. When I needed that skill I had to ask someone else in my dorm. At least she gets to enjoy it for 5 years. I just redid my bathroom in Jan, it finished in March and then I moved in Aug. RIP me. I had to shower at the gym and the bathroom finished a week before the Covid shut down lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/6 01:00:22 )
Lina:
I know nothing about gintama except it was cool like 15 years ago and is suddenly coming back?

Gintama has always been cool in Japan I only got into it about 3 years ago.

@xvz: Sorry I didn't see it. XD Cause he sees that the rates are really good right now and he doesn't want things to get more expensive.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.