Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 04:50:07 )
@totalanimefan: Thanks, and your socks sound cute too! I should get Thanksgiving socks since it's one of my favorite holidays...

That sounds like a good plan! Do you do any other Christmas decorations, or just the tree? I wouldn't mind doing lights outside if I lived in an area that permits those, but this apartment doesn't really allow that other than the patio area. And since my patio faces a wooded area, nobody would really see them lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 04:53:37 )

@Aisukohi: It's one of my favs too, and if you only wear them around thanksgiving they will last years lol
I only have the tree planned but I thought about putting lights out on the balcony. I think that would be cute but I don't have any.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 04:58:41 )
@totalanimefan: That makes sense lol.

And maybe you can find some inexpensive lights to put up outside? I've been eyeing IKEA's blue dragonfly lights, but they're $26 and I'm not so sure I feel like spending so much on lights lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 05:00:52 )

@Aisukohi: I feel that. Lights would probably be super cute but like spending money when I could just not spend money? That sounds good.
That being said, I did buy winter boots that my husband is gifting me for Christmas. But in DC I need boots for the rain, snow, ice and cold. Last winter they didn't get any snow but this winter there could be a blizzard. So I asked for it for Christmas.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 05:03:31 )
@totalanimefan: Oh good, you get it! ^^; I mean, I'm obsessed with dragonflies really and would probably use them for more than just Christmas, but I wanna be frugal or at least spend that money on a gift for someone else or something.

And yay for practical gifts! I hope they're hella comfy boots too! I love boots and probably have too many. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 05:12:11 )

@Aisukohi: That's a good idea. Maybe I should just get cute lights. Not Christmas lights. Those I could only use until Jan 1st-ish. But fairy lights or other cute lights would be a good idea.
I love practical gifts too. I tried them on today and they were comfy. I tried on another pair before that, but they didn't fit right, so it's a good thing I tried them on.
You have a lot of boots? I know they are popular but I feel like I can't find ones that are comfy unless I spend over $100 on them. Which I guess isn't a lot for shoes but I feel like it's a lot at the time of purchase. ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 05:19:57 )
@totalanimefan: There you go! Or something you could keep up all year even. I've seen some patios around here with white/off-white lights but can't tell if they're in a particular shape? But white goes with everything, and it looks really pretty at night even when it's nowhere near Christmas.

Glad they were comfy! And you're right--sometimes the comfy ones are the more expensive ones. My most expensive pair of boots retailed over $200 and yet they fit like a glove that I just HAD to have them lol. I think I only have two other pairs that run over $100, but they're Doc Martens, which honestly you can't go wrong with those lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 05:25:31 )

@Aisukohi: white/off-white would be great for all year long. I'll look into them. Got to make sure they can work through the cold winter.
From my apartment I can see that some people put up their Christmas tree and/or lights. It's nice. I'm sure after this weekend I'll see a lot more.

What brand was the more expensive ones? And they probably were worth it, there is a reason why some boots cost way more. Do you get to use them much in FL?

I do feel like I have things to look forward to this winter, but I'm not looking forward to how wide spread the virus is going to be. I don't want to have to do what I did in spring and not leave my house for like 3 months, but it's also not worth to risk to be out and about that much. I'll just try to take it one day at a time but I break my heart to see what the nurses are going through right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 05:33:29 )
@totalanimefan: Ooh, that sounds like a pretty sight to see all those lights and trees whenever they do go up.

The brand is Michael Kors, which is my first and only name-brand item lol. I've never been much for name brand things, but I will say it was 100% worth they money lol. And I try to use boots as long as it's not 80 degrees or hotter. Thankfully it's been below that for quite some time now, surprisingly!

That's true--I'm terrified of the inevitable continued spread. Especially for those who won't be able to get the vaccine whenever it's released.

I'm gonna try to get some rest, but it was great chatting! Hope you have a great rest of your night. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 05:48:25 )

@Aisukohi: Not a bad brand, although I don't own anything by them.
So do you just switch right from flip flops to boots? XD What about walking/running shoes? That's what I wear most of the time.
Yeah me too, and even though the vaccine is just around the corner for healthcare workers it seems, how long will it take the whole population to get it? Probably 9-12 months.
I'm off to bed soon too. Good night.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/28 06:28:32 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

- rolls through the thread -
hi folks :3

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 10:43:53 )

@Totalanimefan: Aww, thanks so much! ♥
We had a good day. I worked overnight into my birthday, so I slept when I got home.
Then I woke up to work on the food my husband had not started yet. Then family showed up just as it finished up! Pretty great timing actually!
I also got to speak with family I had not seen in bit for a little while on the phone.
We had lots of fun and good food!
@Aisukohi: Thank you so much! Those socks are adorable.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 16:27:34 )

@Vixen: hey sorry I didn’t check this thread yesterday. I’m a bad OP lol
@dragoness129: that sounds like a good birthday!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 16:39:25 )
Good morning everyone. :) How's it going?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 19:32:08 )

@Totalanimefan: oh no worries! I didn’t ping anyone either since it didn’t seem active at the time ouo;;

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 20:05:59 )

@Aisukohi: morning. You look awesome!
@Vixen: true. I was probably asleep then. How are you today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 20:12:04 )

@Totalanimefan: not too bad; i had an idea late last night for a new piece that I’ll probably work on today

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 22:42:59 )

@Vixen: I crashed early last night and then I woke up very early from the sunlight. Drank a bunch of water and went back to bed lol
I like the new avatar. I see you got the item you wanted.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 23:14:02 )

@Totalanimefan: uh i changed avatars a few times in the last 5 minutes lol; which item are we talking about?

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 02:22:08 )

@Vixen: Timely Manor. ^^
I just changed mine too. I saved the maid outfit though, so I can go back to it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.