Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 00:54:17 )

@xvz: That is the best part of the events. The memories that you make with people and the excitement of everyone getting together for the event.
When events end sometimes I do need a small break to do what I've been putting off (Like I cleaned my whole apartment this weekend)
@sunny: Yup XD I feel like I'm getting so many emails lately

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:23:38 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat + afterparty art freebies :3

@totalanimefan: aww yeah it is ^^ for me it's really nice to come out of an event having made new friends too! i guess you've been around a long time so you are kind of already friends w everyone Haha
and yeah honestly they can be a bit too consuming for me too (though i guess that is a bit self-inflicted too) ... i definitely get sucked into voltra during them and i can start to neglect irl stuff too >_> i think future events i need to maybe watch myself a bit more for that haha

btw may i ask how u spent ur pawns?? like how many bundles vs. goodie bags do u usually get?? i def got both but not sure what a good distribution would be... rn i have 1200 pawns and not sure if i should put it towards 2 more bundles or just get a bunch of goodie bags, what do u usually do?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:32:14 )

@xvz: I would aim for at least 5 bundles. And the rest in goodie bags. I got 12 bundles and the rest goodie bags(100).
I still make new friends during events. There are people that only hang around during the events or people that only post during events.
I can understand how it was time consuming, but I view it as, it's only for 2 weeks! I gotta live it up XD

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:39:36 )

@totalanimefan: ohh that's a lotta goodie bags haha ok maybe i'll spend the rest on goodie bags instead ?? i bought a bunch of bundles first but i don't know why lol , but i think goodie bags are probably more versatile? idk i'm not sure what to do w them either Haha
i was thinking maybe in the future i could start a charity thread that's like, event items for ppl who had to miss the event for whatever reason? (and possibly volts for closet slots lol ?) i haven't been here that long tho so i only have items from camp breaker, anniversary, and this one

and that's true :-) i'm excited to see those ppl when they come out! and oof that's how i thought at first but there have been so many events back to back this year haha .... if you count the 3rd week that's like 3 weeks every other month that's like almost half the year!! lol , i gotta be an irl person eventually

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:45:55 )

@xvz: That would be a great thread to run! You have so many bundles though. That's really cool. Maybe I should have bought more bundles. I was thinking I could give a few goodie bags to newbies, but you probably wouldn't want to give new people a whole bundle, what if they leave after a week XD
We have a ton in the later half of the year, but we only have one event from Jan - July normally. Just the spring event.
But then there is the summer event, Anniversary event, Fall/Halloween event and then the Christmas/winter event.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:52:21 )

@totalanimefan: i thought you'd be a good person to ask how u spend ur pawns cuz we probably have similar amts haha
and right! i guess i felt like i should buy more bundles since they're a "better deal"
i think my goal of getting lots of ei's is so i can gift them in the future, but bundles seem like so big too .... and ppl are usually looking for a few items they like a lot vs. the entire bundle? hmm in that case i might spend the rest on goodie bags then?

i heard the winter event usually starts in january? :0 when do the winter and spring events usually run?
sigh these events suck me in so much i'm like how much should i plan around them irl lmao ... honestly i might be a bit busy during the next event @@

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:05:45 )
@Totalanimefan: I’m looking to buy!
What are you looking for: skull mask, candles, basic platform, pet crow, nose chain, dog tails, dog ears (All of these in most colors.)
What’s the cost: 63125 volts
I promise to use these volts as a gold sink!
( I am here once again for your help)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:09:13 )

@xvz: There is no right or wrong way to do it. If you are thinking about giving away bundles in the future then you should be collecting more bundles now. I'm probably going to give away more goodie bags so I got those.
Last year our event started around or before Christmas I though, let me go check. It would be nice if it was in Jan because then I have something to do in Jan. lol I just looked, it started on Dec 24th. So it was about half in Dec and half in Jan.
Spring event is normally in April, but the 2019 even was in March. So I guess whenever it's ready? It could be related to when Easter is/was that year?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:14:09 )

@Marley: Hey Marley. Thank you for using my charity. There is no rule against this, but do you mind if I give you less than the full amount? Like maybe half? I just donated 30k to you two days ago. Once again, there is no rule against how often you ask for volts for commons, but I also want to keep it fair
Please stick around here and chat. Don't be a stranger!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:16:45 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

hi folks. i am freezing >__> too cold to draw even though i kinda want to right now.

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:22:02 )

@Vixen: Oh wow that's really cold. What's the temp in your house atm?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:30:21 )

alright i'm gonna spend the rest of my pawns on goodie bags then lol , i'm gonna do it now too in case the event ends abruptly >0>

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:31:24 )

i think i would expect it to start later this year since a lot of the other events were pushed later too! i think it would be too much for both staff and users if it started in dec @@
i wonder if they would re-space out the events for next year so it's not so heavy at the end of the year ?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:31:45 )
@Totalanimefan:
Yeah im okay with any amount you throw my way!
sorry I just dont get alot of freetime to post and i wanna make lil characters.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:34:42 )

@xvz: yeah I'm going to do that too.
You are right, if the story isn't super Christmas heavy then it will probably start in Jan.
I think it should be, March for Spring event, June for summer event, Sept for anniversary, Late Oct but mostly Nov, and then the week of Christmas and New Years for winter event. But it's hard to get the timing right. March and June would help speed them out instead of April, July, Sept, Oct/Nov and Dec/Jan but then waiting again until April.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:41:44 )

@Totalanimefan: like high 50s F right now. maybe 60?

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:49:26 )

hmm last time i talked to ghost abt events i got the impression staff wants to move towards like, less aligned w irl holidays, both so it's more inclusive (e.g. not everyone celebrates xmas/easter which are also kind of religious) and also so ppl actually have time for them (vs. being busy w irl stuff , or even events on other sites)

hmm let me think.... how many events do we have:
1. winter event / winter solstice
2. spring event / vibrance day
3. summer event / camp breaker
4. anniversary
5. reaping ritual / fall event

(am i missing any?)
so hypothetically for even spacing it would be like an event roughly every 2 months?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:50:19 )

@Vixen: That's pretty cold if you aren't use to it. Too cold for inside a house.
My last place had the oldest, crappiest windows so it would always be within a few degrees of what it was outside. It sucked in the winter and in the summer.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:51:28 )

@xvz: I don't think that you are missing any. And I think it's fine if they move away from the real life holiday. I just think that there are too many at the end of the year and not enough during the 1st 6 months.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:53:23 )

yep it's collllllld.

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.