Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:44:32 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

oh cool! are they all art streamers ??
i had a phase of watching a lot of twitch at one point but it made me kind of nervous how like ... addicting(?) it was for me? so i had to stay away from it for a bit ... but i wouldn't mind get into watching art streamers, that sounds really relaxing and nice :-)
i love watching ppl's processes too! like i'll watch a bunch of process vids on yt and feel really inspired after!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:44:57 )

welcome back wildfire! what's for dinner tn? :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:47:40 )

@xvz: Today it was mostly league, we also do left 4 dead 2, overwatch, project winter and some other random games we stumble across

And we use dnd beyond and roll20 + discord
and we started over because of new people but most of us, including me are still fairly new, some completely new to DnD so we're not super experienced but have pulled of some fun stuff like throwing lemons at a kraken, getting held hostage by goat etc. :')

And yeah got really lucky, like most of us all met online so maybe that makes int easier in a way?
it's the accent haha he does this really ominous yet calm voice and it gets me every time :'D

And aw i hope some of them will consider playing it, it's usually a good time and a good reason to come together (:

And glad to hear you got to use the weekend to wind down a bit (:
it's important, being stressed/busy can take it's toll so relaxing is important ^^
Hope you'll have a calmer week this time around!
good to see you around though! (:

Rip i'll have to head off soon, sadly, cause i have to get up early tomorrow o:

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:47:52 )

oh rip sorry to hear abt the gnats tho :<
sometimes propagating can help w pests though kind of ? well just in that - i'll make sure to clean off the cutting well and then the pests don't follow it , so at least i'll have some of that plant that i'm not worried abt

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:49:12 )

omg i just looked up kenku and i Love it!!!! i'm a huge sucker for corvids
that raven person (tokoyami) from my hero academia was my favorite character on the show

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:49:36 )
@Totalanimefan: How've you been?
Comic | Cosplay

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:50:59 )
@xvz: thank you.

Tonight's dinner was pork chops, cauliflower rice with red onion and watercress, and green beans. ... and a banana because I wanted a banana ;)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:51:33 )

@xvz: He's my little baby!
but it's hard to play though since i can't speak normally
we can only talk by using sentences/words/sounds we've , realistically, heard before haha
but it's fun i get to repeat stuff to people and have them confused, hard to keep a straight face sometimes though

I've heard a lot about the show! never really watched it myself though o:

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:52:35 )

@siron: oh fun! it sounds like u have a good group that u play w regularly? i'm curious how did you find this group of friends? ^^

haha throwing lemons ... i love getting into shenanigans like that ^0^ i love when ppl get really into their characters too :-)
wah i've tried to get some of my friends into it, and last year thought maybe this year i'd try my hand at dming?? but i don't have a lot of experience either so i feel unqualified to dm @@ it's so hard for me to find ppl to play w but it was so much fun when i have in the past!

and ty! :-) same to u
no pressure to stay up, if u have to sleep i hope u get a good rest ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:53:41 )
Uhhhh... is anyone else not able to get to today's chapter of the storyline right now? I didn't do it when it was first released but I'm getting a 404 error now when I try it. Am I the only one?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:53:51 )

oohh yeah, i feel like watching ppl do art can really get me motivated! i think process videos (or i guess streams too!) especially get me in this mindset of like... if they can do it i can do it too!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:55:41 )

wildfire sounds yummy! banana is good anytime :-) have u ever had a cold banana? so yummy haha >0>

also i think there's a typo for the chapter if you go to it from the mirror page - but you should be able to get to it from the link in the announcement thread

https://voltra.us/application/views/reaping_ritual_2020/ChapterTwele/index.php
-> it should be ChapterTwelve not ChapterTwele - if u change it in the url it should work too :0

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:57:08 )
@xvz: cold bananas are like icecream!
I didn't have any of the green beans, so I had a banana instead.
Thank you. I didn't notice the typo. I'll try that :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:57:20 )

siron oh my haha that would be hard for me to keep track of!! actually now that you say that i think i've seen them in a past campaign before :-) i was impressed by the dm's commitment lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:58:39 )

hey ouja ^^ how are you doing today?

haha i love a cold banana!!! such a treat imo i could eat multiple if i was getting really into it lol
hope it works for u ! :0

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:59:42 )

@xvz: And most of us found each other through the game ''project winter'' and some others we know because we got introduced to them by the project winter group (:
It's interesting cause they're from all over the place (uk, scandinavia, Netherlands, israel)

It is absolutely amazing. before the restart i accidentally opened up a gate and send someone down a ''water slide'' of sewer sludge because, surprise, we were in the sewers and didn't know he wasn't standing on the ledge with us oops.
And just characters having very different relationships which each other than the actual people, also saying the weirdest stuff to each other

Oh that sounds cool, would be amazing if that would take off!
Everyone has to start somewhere, our dm hasn't dmed that often either i think but it's mostly being able to just come up with creative solutions, usually the party will drag the story somewhere and as long as you can sorta play in on that/ have a bigger picture in mind it should be fine, trial and error c:
I do hope you manage to get a group together (:

And thanks haha, goodnight in advance if i fall asleep ^^
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:01:40 )
...oh, I'm not liking this chapter much - at least not so far. I failed that time around. :(
-tries again-

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:04:57 )

@siron: oohh what's project winter? is it like among us? i looked it up and if it's the same one that i'm looking at - the graphics for it look really nice! that's so cool to have a group like that :-)

haha that sounds super fun!!! it's nice you all sort of knew each other before too, it's a bit easier to get comfortable / get into character / be goofy! it can be a little anxiety inducing or unnerving to play w new ppl sometimes otherwise :0

ahh tru - i think most of my friends care more about the fun/story/improv part and less abt the actual rules too, so i think dming would be more abt just putting in the effort of organizing and less abt, do you know the game inside out. i did dm a oneshot for a friend's birthday and i had very little idea what i was doing Haha just making it up on the fly but since they were all beginners no one could tell if i did something wrong lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:05:51 )

oh yeah the game was kind of stressful! not sure if it helps but - i think the water/fire stuff will affects 1 block, so it's ok to stand one block "on top of" the circles

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:08:59 )

@Hachi: oh i've been wanting to do those 6 character drawing things! But i haven't had anyone suggest any yet xD

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.