Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Doll Collectors Unite!!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 01:27:32 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Ouja Akuma: I dont know alot about 5sd except that they have this mantis inspired doll?
What doll do you think you would get? Also totally understandable, sooms has such pretty dolls!
Yea i personally also only use DOA for sales, more secure to get a legit. However BJD Adicts! on fb is very active. Instagram is also decent.
Also waw! you have been in the hobby for a verry long time now :0 I only found out about bjds in 2013 and got my first one in 2015!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 05:06:48 )
@GoblinsAndTea: Tbh 5sd is a good company to get yourself started in the hobby without worrying about high price tags. Tumnus new was $250 and he's an SD. My Ender was $1K because it was the full set and he appreciated due to it being a limited doll. My wallet...it hurt.
I want to reshell Tumnus into something from Crobidoll or Angel Studio. I have to poke around again. Or I may do a hybrid. I really wanted the Tender Too twins from Dream of Doll and was so close to buying it but then the company vanished. I was so heartbroken. T_T

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/11 09:02:20 )
Kairu's long dragon tail is dragging against the dirt..

Im a nendoroid collector. I cant switch to another different type of doll for now maybe until i got the most parts of nendoroid that i wanted for my story project. I buy whole nen but most cases I rather wanted parts of the nen. I go to a legit chop shop site to buy the parts.

note: you might noticed most used nen hairs in the smol spoiler. I do have over 30+ nen hairs.

I am eventually going for custom in the long run but that require many tools to acquire first: sewing machine, beginners clothing pattern book (especially size nen dolls or 1/12 bjd). As for modding/3d printing.. that will take much longer till i have enough investment to buy the basic DIY/Carpentry/Crafting tools. As of this moment, doll part printing 3d printer doesnt exist. you need to mod your tray for making it exist.

no gonna lie but the reason i buy nendoroids is to understand how are the parts connect each other like a piece of puzzle i need enough refs to recreate one in 3d modelling. will be yet to start practising 3d modelling soon and also deciding which application shall i do 3d doll parts.

drag the tail to da infinity!

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 07:42:48 )
I’ll be pretty honest, the first thread outside the newbie area I stumbled across I did NOT expect to be about doll collecting! This site just keeps getting better and better.

My Smart Doll is currently disassembled for cleaning and I am procrastinating putting her back together.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 02:54:12 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Ouja Akuma: Ah yes its absolutly devastating when a doll company vanishes!

@Kairu: I really like nedroids! I only own 1 tho lol. The ones you showed me are absolutly adorable!!

@Crab: Ah yes i just like talking about dolls and din see a tread yet lol.
Wich smartdoll do you own? Ive seen a few irl on a con and somebdoy in my local doll group has a few aswel. I have the worst memory but im pretty sure i held them lol. I absolutly love smartdoll, they have such beautiful heads and diverse colors. Sadly i dont collect that size... i really wish dollfie dream had the same color choice but you can only get a light tan if you buy in store in japan :')...

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 04:16:28 )
Kairu\'s long dragon tail is dragging against the dirt..

@GoblinsAndTea:
since my collection is growing, i have some problems on locating some hand parts (since the most hoard i have is Almond milk skin color, i have too many hand parts that I got from both complete nens and chop shop that i have a really bad memory where they came from.) rip Kairu xD

drag the tail to da infinity!
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 21:03:25 )
@GoblinsAndTea: I have a Resilient in her original vinyl color (cinnamon?) and have promised myself No More but Resilient in tea is so beautiful...

Most of my collection is resin tinies, to be honest (my most spoiled doll is an Atelier Momoni Knita... her wardrobe is way too big hahaha) but something about smart doll is just... idk! I just find something so beautiful and calming particularly about Resilient's face, and their sculpting in general is so gorgeous. If only I didn't have to worry so much about staining :(
tritanomaly (blue/yellow) colorblind. green is a myth.

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 03:34:04 )
@GoblinsAndTea:
No body knows what happened to DoD. They were one of the best companies next to Soom! It was devastating.
Comic | Cosplay

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.