Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Doll Collectors Unite!!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 06:18:52 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Hello there!
I uh... i just like talking about dolls heh, so here a tread for that.
Do you collect any type of dolls? Do you plan to get any? Just like to admire them? Feel free to share anything doll related here!

So personally i have been collecting bjds for more then 5 years now. I have some of the early MH dolls, i got 1 Pullip Isul (Beary Fairy? i forgot the name of the release lol, but he wears the teddy bear costume!) + a few month ago i bought my first Dollfie Dream!
Since the first lockdown i started sculpting my own doll head aswel!
Dispite me being in the hobby for so long i only have 4 bjds and 1 floating head lol
I have a Dollzone Hal, A flower and junior Kaka head on a fairyland fairyline Altis/faun body, a dollfamily-h Qing Lang head on a fairyland fairyline Rens/harpy body and my newest additiont, A dreamvalley Gloria! (even tho i bought her 10 months ago she arived on wednesday this month lol). I also own a Dollfie dream pretty body that shares multiple heads! A DDH-03, DDH-06, DDH-08 and a Coron head! However id like to get the new Mochi Ashi body for that head.

Some pictures in the spoilers:

So this is one of my favorite dolls, shes called Mika and shes absolutly spoiled.

Overall i dont take alot of pictures of my dolls due to me having social anxiety. However i recently got a bomb ass desk light so ill see what ill be able to do with that! Annyway he are 2 of my other dolls, Francis (the faun) however its an old pic of him, in the meantime he has a faceup already lol. And Ponpon (shes my DDP Coron, i also however whiped that face and started a face-ip myself lol)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — Whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 17:32:31 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I'd love a Peaks Wood Lady Bee but money and space
I got a handful of Capsule Chix tho, as well as a Yotsuba "action figure"

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 18:14:45 )
I've been collecting dolls for years. I started with My Scene and then moved to Monster High. I have over 100 MH dolls, but sadly they're in storage right now. I also have Ever After High and I recently started getting the LOL OMG dolls. I've also picked up a few of the Rainbow High dolls. I also collect Barbie, but all of those stay in the box. I've never been into BJDs because they're just too expensive for me and I don't really photograph my dolls and BJDs always seem more like dress up and take pictures dolls to me.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 22:07:38 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Bioshock: First off, all dolls count! I always loved Novi stars when i saw them online. But i never actually bought one sadly. Thank you verry much! i use sculptris! i tried blender but its very confusing lol. Id love to one day try out Zbrush, but that subscription price is... hhhh. I absolutly love fantasy type dolls! Thats also why i loved MH dolls so much, they felt so new and diverse. I was so sad when i learnd they stopped making them. However on instagram ive been seeing 3 new MH dolls? 2 inspired by the shining and 1 be IT. I think its more so a release like on comic con tho (but with the pandemic idk lol). However uh yea, i absolutly love fantasy dolls hence why i have the faun in the picture, and also one with bird feet and one with huge wings, lil wing ears and a unicorn horn. Id love to one day own a propper harpy (bird feet and winged arms) a centaur (or any taur, dosnt have to be part horse lol) and a naga.

@KDA Drew: I used to be obbsesd with LPS! I still have boxes full of them. I watched so many youtube and they are the reasen why i speak english lol! Back when i was younger you couldnt really find a whole lot on LPS in my language, let alone interact with others. I remember watching those lps series people made and just absolutly loving it lol

@Kitalpha Hart: I love peak woods aesthetic! I absolutly love that they also have fantasy resin from time to time. However they indeed are expensive lol. Ive never owned a capsule chix myself but i like watching unboxing vids on them! And by "action figure" do you mean a nendroid or a figma of some kind? Im not very knowledgable on the whole figurine collecting hobby lol. I have one figurine of an anime ive never even watched but somebody on a con just gave it to me for free lol.

@Megaame: Oh god thats so many! I havent gotten a new fashion doll in so long but the LOL OMG dolls have really been tempting me. I absolutly love their outfits! I totally understand that, personally for me i like to recreate my characters and i like the creative aspects. I used to sew alot for my dolls but more recently i started buying outfits for them. I personally really like the dressing up lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 23:49:21 )
@GoblinsAndTea: MH was my main love for years, so I bought a ton. I really only collect fashion dolls. I used to buy a lot of the new dolls on the market, but I guess the fashion doll market has been on the decline. LOL OMG dolls do have great outfits, and they're really detailed too! Dressing up dolls in fun! That's why I like the new Rainbow High dolls cause they come with really detailed mix and match clothes.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 00:04:17 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Megaame: Overall i think the Rainbow high outfits are pretty but none of the dolls really stand out to me.
I really hope something like MH could be made again. I just love fantasy things like centaurs, cyclops, fauns ect

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 02:05:16 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Bioshock: Oh man yea. Im also less fan of Barbies but i gotta give credit where credit is due. I love the double jointed bodys and how inclusive they are (ive seen some bald, in a wheelchair, with vitiligo, difrent body shapes ect).

Yea as somebody that lives in Belgium its nearly imposible to get them unless i wanna pay double for the shipping and customs and posibly a proxy aswel... oof no thanks. On top of that whenever a new doll line is released it takes awhile before its availble here :')...

And yes and no. In regards to bjds i have dyed a doll to have permanent vitiligo and hot boiled a dolls leg bc it was mishapen when i recieved it. I havent done any heavy mods yet due to me being scared to mess them up lol. However id love to get a Cheap second hand Resinsoul/Bobobie one day and go ham on them (give them new joints, dye them, change the facial features ect).
In regards to fashion dolls kind of yes. I more so use them as practice for my bjds as it feels easyer to mess up a cheaper doll then one that can easely cost about 250$. I have half rerooted some, i got tired half way trough and never finishd lol. Ive also given some faceups, sanded the bust off, copd feet off, ripd arms off ect lol. I also make art dolls from time to time where i use those parts aswel. I gues in a way im modding the doll heads i 3D sculpted. I needed to drill a hole in the neck and then make some kind of neck mechanism that could suport an S hook.

Donator — Whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 02:25:46 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@GoblinsAndTea: it's what the box called it
So, uh

Yotsuba and my Capsule Chix
She is posable, with different hands and faces

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 02:37:09 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Kitalpha Hart: Welp it reminds me of those small poseable nedroids. I have one of those from Genos from One punch man.
Never really seen that one but they look adorable!!!

Donator — Whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 02:38:02 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@GoblinsAndTea: Yotsuba's about five inches tall, so maybe?

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 02:43:28 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Kitalpha Hart: Thats small but nendoroids are only 4 inces tall! (thier head is like almost as big as their body lol)

Donator — Whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 03:24:18 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@GoblinsAndTea: this might be a figma, then?

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 04:24:57 )
@GoblinsAndTea: I think the market got so saturated with fantasy dolls due to the success of Monster High that it just kinda, killed itself. Like, MH was definitely the best, but the entire doll aisle was filled with fantasy dolls back then. I loved how unique MH dolls were and how they weren’t afraid to be different. I think the fantasy aspects of them and the different body sculpts and faces were amazing. I wish something that great would come out again but I think the doll market has been on a decline for a while.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 17:57:23 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Kitalpha Hart: Perhaps yes, whatever it is its cute lol

@Megaame: Now i think about it yes. I gues i just remember MH so clearly as they where so special to me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 22:19:42 )
@GoblinsAndTea: I think MH were the best of the ones that were coming out at the time.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:18:36 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

So uh, i just like to share my thoughts on dolls sometimes so you can expect some long posts lol

Ive been trying to save up for my first tattoo but thats been hell bc i imulsebuy stupid stuff.
Now ive done and bought 2instock wigs, tan eyelashes and a silicone wig cap from Angelesque bc next month England will be officially out of the EU and its one of the last EU doll dealers hhh...

Ive owned many bjds over the years. From 80cm tall giants to tiny 10cm lil babys. Ive seteld with the MSD size (bigest 50cm to smallest 35/40cm). However from time to time i get this "itch" to get a new size lol... Id love to own a lil anthro elephant and give her lil yellow dresses :') Id call her Clementine. She would be a representation of my grandma.

I really want to own a light blue doll. Ive always wanted one of those. But when i try to design a character it always looks off.

I apsolutly love my Dollfie dream, but for some reasen i cant seem to give her a character.

Even tho my friend, who I got into the hobby, joined like a year later. She now owns more then double the dolls i own... and most of them used to be mine that i sold to her xD

Thats all for my dolly thoughts for today

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:38:59 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Bioshock: Yea, the most so far i had to pay was about 90$ for customs. Wich was for a 400$ doll so that was... decent. However more recently i had to pay about 30$ to customs for some doll clothes that costed me 40$! Since the pandemic started customs have been going insane! I had to wait a whooping 5 months once on a pair of legs that i bought secondhand. I honestly thought it was lost in the mail until one day it showed up at my moms place? it was a wierd situation.

And welp in that case yes ive done modding lol. When i think of modding a doll i always thing about the stuff dollightfull does

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 00:30:18 )
I have two bjd's myself!
I have the 5stardoll Tumnus (named Tadao) and Soom's Ender Dreamwalker (named Lucifer). They're based off my oc's from my comic cuz I lost control of my life lol.
I have no active community where I am so my dolls just kinda sit on their shelf collecting dust :'c All my friends who were into it they moved on and sold their dolls.
I miss being able to do stuff with them. Take them out for photos or make clothes. But not having people local to me to host meet ups kinda blows.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 03:00:03 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Bioshock: Yea its a big oof but the bjd hobby is know to just be a waiting game lol
Yea! also room for me. I live in a small apartment with my dog and grandparents. The only place i can work in is my room however its not great when i need to use a dremel... dust... dust everywhere

@Ouja Akuma: Oh waw ive never seen that 5stardoll before! And oh god soom is so pretty as always hhh. The first Bjd i ever saw was a soom! I forgot the sculpt name but they had animal/goat/deer like ears. How long have you been in the hobby?
Also that sucks! I know here in Belgium the bjd comunity is verry small. And i only found out we even had one by going to an anime convention. I also gotten my bestfriend to start collecting them so now everytime i go to her i bring one of my dolls and i play with hers lol

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 05:04:14 )
@GoblinsAndTea: He's an older sculpt, they don't carry him anymore. He was my first doll that my friend gave me as a Christmas present. I want to reshell him since he doesn't fit what I want and isn't a good match for Ender in terms of quality (5sd uses cheap resin). But I want to wait until I can get some localish friends who are into it so I can not have them sit and waste away.
Ender is actually my dream doll. I waited FOREVER for someone to list him for sale and they even gave me a discount because I had a lot saved for him. They were so kind ;__; I need to get him some normal hands cuz his fantasy parts don't fit what I need (also the faceup for them is rubbing off).
I go to cons occasionally but they never had bjd related events. Not anymore at least. It's so sad! I'm on Den of Angels but that's more of a sellers site now.
Also I've been in the hobby since 03 when I read Rozen Maiden but didn't get my first doll until 2012 lol.
Comic | Cosplay

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.