Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:52:43 )

@Totalanimefan: thanks but I already went up lol xD. They didn't have any in stock. I have an appointment next Wednesday!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:54:00 )

@sunny: lol the day I reminded you is the day you remembered XD
Too bad they didn't have any today.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:56:01 )

@Totalanimefan: I know I remember for the first time ever xD It was a shame :/ oh well! How are you doing?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:00:42 )

@sunny: lol it's ok.
I got tea from my local cafe. Amazon paid for it. They were partnering with a local business and you could get a drink for free! My husband got coffee. It's our favorite local place too.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:05:18 )

@Totalanimefan: oh wow that's cool. Free drinks!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:06:31 )

@sunny: Yeah I was happy about that, and I was supporting a local business. I'm sure that partnership really helped them out.
Where I live there are a lot of really great local restaurants and shops and I'm worried that they are going to close because of the pandemic. :( I don't want to loose my favorite places.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:11:13 )

Good morning!

I worry about that a lot too Total... we've already lost a few. I'm honestly not even sure how many since I haven't been outside the house in a while.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:13:12 )

@Priestess of Pie: Morning!
Yeah I feel you. I don't even know how many we are actually lost. I think I've only lost two places that I've had memories with. But other places have gone under, some I never got to try.
Also winter is coming. That's not going to be kind to restaurants.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:15:35 )

We try to order out once in a while to help out but like... you can only order out so much ya know?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:17:58 )

Yeah exactly. I can't fund the restaurant to stay open. I can only do what I can and hope that others do the same.
What kinds of restaurants are some of your favorite places?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:30:31 )

Man I like lots of different food lol. I also don't like cooking so, I like most restaurants. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:36:55 )
I'm about to run an errand but I'll leave you guys with this conversation starter -

---> If you celebrate Thanksgiving (American or Canadian, or any other cultural variation on this holiday), what do you usually serve or have? Are you a turkey family? Ham? Seafood? All veggies? A combination? If you're not North American, what does your version of Thanksgiving usually look like? I'm curious!!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:45:13 )

@Priestess of Pie lol same. I can't eat onions though. They make me sick :( So that's a bummer when trying new places.
Some of my favorite places in DC have great food but also were with friends. There was a cafe on the way to Otakon from our hotel and we would always stop there as a group before the con and normally during it too. We would get coffee or Gelato and it would normally be the first place we were at together so it would be our catch up time. Now that place has closed along with it's other locations :(
It seems the place we always go for breakfast is still going strong. And they are paying their staff extra cause of the pandemic. I decided to order my thanksgiving meal from there. Of course those aren't all of my favorite places but they do hold special memories

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:50:58 )

As for thanksgiving, as a kid my family for thanksgiving was large cause it included extended family. We would have turkey and ham for our meats. I like ham a lot better. Always Stuffing, one onion free one with onions. Both kinds of potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, sometimes seafood id my dad had just gone fishing. Normal Thanksgiving type foods. For dessert there would be Trifle, Pumpkin custard, pecan pie, rice pudding, store bought pumpkin pie and sometimes brownies or apple crisp.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:51:14 )

@Totalanimefan: the same is happening here unfortunately. So many cafes and hair salons have shut permanently :(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:52:01 )

Man that's gotta suck.. everyone puts onions in literally everything.

As for Thanksgiving... we usually have turkey and sometimes also ham depending on what's on sale haha. For side dishes we have the usual stuffing and cranberry sauce and then anything else per request (which my mom starts asking at the start of November what people want). We usually don't do a big family gathering though so it's just my immediate family. My parents have been cutting sugar out of their diets though and I miss the absurd amount of desserts we used to have lol.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:52:30 )

@sunny: Hair Salons is another big one. It's been tough for my sister who is a hairdresser.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:53:27 )

@Priestess of Pie Tell me about it, I'm the one that has to live with this. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 18:04:12 )

Thanksgiving in my family is a big ol' 10 hour party with like 50+ people, but that's the same as any other holiday party. the food is also the same as any other holiday party (i.e. chinese food) except at Thanksgiving there is also an obligatory turkey. there's no stuffing or gravy or side dishes or anything else related to American Thanksgiving ALDKFJ everyone makes a big deal out of the turkey but it's always DRY AF and lower-tier compared to the rest of the food haha it's comedic

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/13 18:05:47 )

Here's the menu I ordered for this year.

I got the dinner for 4 plus we are getting cheesecake from a bakery that is soo good.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.