Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:39:46 )

Same haha
I tend to disappear often especially if I couldn't keep up a conversation

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:41:52 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

ghost omg crickets would drive me mad lol ........ like to hear them constantly ....
i low key have been wondering if i should , get a cat Lol ... i was considering it earlier year before anyway, i think cat smell in itself can be a deterrent sometimes, but not all cats are good at mousing though ... also what does ur cat look like ^0^

asdfjkl; re: spoiler text.... i'd def move at that point T_T also lol @ 3 am furniture moving

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:43:14 )

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

xvz - hihi :3 doing well, productive art session just now. yourself?

ChiffonOrange - the secret is to always end on with a question or something other people can respond to. it gets other people talking about themselves forever you know?

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦
i am doing free event art!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:44:23 )

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

@koneko: heh i do find it mildly amusing if i look in my post history and it's just several posts in a row saying hi in a thread over the span of some hours

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:44:29 )

oohh the half and half hair color seems to be like a newer trend the past year or so ? i like the colored front/side bangs look too, v cute
how long did each color last ?? do they fade well?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:47:25 )

vixen i'm not too bad! p tired but also scared to sleep these days Lol (there is a mouse in my apt)
i saw ur event art thread, super cute!! ^0^ how long do they usually take u?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:47:41 )

Vixen, *thinking* Hmmm.... I suppose you're right :o

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:47:50 )
time to ruin everything...

YEP... oh man I have so many stories about that apartment like... the infestations weren't even the worst part about living there, they weren't even our worst neighbours. but you KNOW... it was cheap... HAHA...

man I have wild stories iunno how many I should tell on here tho... I'll tell you guys one, it's my spooky story

so okay, you know, I make poor life choices so even when I had classes I was always staying up late. and the living room to this place was really close to the front door, so I could see it from the couch

another fun thing about this house is that if you didn't close the screen door tight, it was super apt to just blow open at the lightest gust and swing and bang into the house right?

so I'm up past midnight on my laptop when I hear that door swinging open and I freeze and I'm like "uggggh... that's going to drive me crazy... but I also don't want to open the front door this late at night in this sketchy ass neighbourhood..." but I like, decide whatever, it's fine right? so I move to stand and as I walk towards it I notice

the handle is shaking, it's trying to turn but the door's locked and I LIKE, GO FULL DEER IN HEADLIGHTS... and Im like in a cold sweat watching it CONTINUE to jiggle like whoever is out there is NOT giving up and I'm totally frozen still I feel my heart racing I'm waiting for them to knock or ANYTHING but nothing... it just keeps jiggling...

and it finally stops and I sigh and I dont move for a full minute, but finally Im like okay... alright... let me... check if they're gone... and I approach the door, I look out the peephole... I see the back of somebody with really long, dark hair standing at the end of our walkway... and just AS I'm looking at them, they turn around and immediately start heading towards our door again... like the timing made it feel like they KNEW I saw them

AND I PANIC DUDE I FREAK THE FUCK OUT I get away from that door I'm scrambling back and I see that doorknob jiggling again, so I BOOKED IT down the hallway and into the basement to wake up my big strong cadet-trained roommate because I'M NOT DYING TODAY

so hes annoyed but he comes up to check it out and by the time hes up, the jiggling's stopped, and he just opens the door and as he does, we see nothing but we can hear the sound of feet just BOOKING IT down the block...

SO NO IDEA WHO IT WAS OR WHAT THEY WANTED BUT LIKE... WOW THEY SURE KNEW HOW TO RUIN MY NIGHT HAHA...

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:49:16 )

DYING maybe somebody can lend you their cat? ;3c

and hold on I'll find you a good pic of him

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:50:37 )

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

@koneko: yeah it's even funnier when it's the same thread

@xvz: oh? mouse traps don't work? or i guess, are mice violent?
ah thank you :3 depending on the complexity and finish, anywhere between an hour to 10+ hours for chibis. 20+ hours for any sort of fancier rendering.
@ChiffonOrange: see I don't really have anything to respond with there and thus the conversation dies. small talk is completely useless, but it keeps people talking for the sake of talking, rather than the communication of information worth anything lol

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:51:59 )

oh true T_T maybe i should ask my landlord to get an exterminator ... apparently my neighbors started seeing them last month :s
idk i felt better like maybe it wasn't my fault ?? but then i was like omg what if they've been here for that long and i haven't noticed T_T

and thanks i appreciate that :< it did force me to clean my kitchen and living room which i sort of needed, i really need to reorg my bedroom now too ... i'm really grateful one of my friends has been so supportive and helpful, she helped me search around the apt today which i probably wouldn't be able to get myself to do alone <3
i didn't know what bird mites were and didn't want to look at pictures but i did and closed the tab immediately lol i would be so stressed!!! i hope they're gone now!!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 07:57:44 )

ghost OMG if something like that happened to me i would move ............... i thought those things only happened in reddit threads or yt compilations of reddit threads Lol T_T
i need a bulky roommate to beat up scary intruders ........ T_T idk the whole pest situation has got me thinking about how much i hate being an adult Lol ... i like living alone but having to deal w these things myself cuz no one else is around is

i'd take ur apt stories anytime lol who were the worst neighbors ??

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 08:00:38 )

haha one of my friends might get a kitten soon but i think he wants the kitty to transition into his apt first so probably can't borrow anytime soon :<
but excited to pet a kitty hopefully ??

vixen they don't seem to be falling for the traps :-( my parents told me to get glue traps but i read they're considered cruel and idk if i can live w it on my conscience x_x i don't think they're violent tho, i'm sure they're terrified of humans and honestly kind of cute haha

oohh for longer pieces do u usually do in a long single sitting?? or spread out over days?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 08:02:59 )

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

xvz - if they won't attack you, then it's probably fine to not be scared? ouo;;
usually they seem to just eat things and chew through things and it's a nuisance rather than ...an active danger? XD
depends. usually i do sittings of 2-3 hours at a time and break in between.
if i'm really into it, the breaks are short, otherwise it'll be a multi day thing.

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 08:05:00 )

koneko i appreciate that and that's helpful too, like if it persists, to get an exterminator >:0
i think i'm also nervous cuz the longer it goes on like the more time they have to , um, grow their family >_>
i try to tell myself it could be worse, like there are def worse pests to be dealing w x_x

lol do yall think dogs can tell bn friendly vs hostile strangers at the door ??

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 08:06:12 )

DYING YEAH I was straight up like "this is it... I'm living in a let's not meet story..."

tho one time a woman straight up walked into my house here, because the door was unlocked and she was drunk. THAT WAS LESS SCARY SOMEHOW?? I just had to be like "okay lady haha nice meeting you, wrong place, go away now..."

as you can see he is a massive oaf and I love him
later.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 08:10:49 )

vixen ahhh tru that's helpful to hear , i wish i wasn't so scared of them lol like i don't think they could hurt me
it's just stressful to have them in the apt, esp w not being able to leave the house much these days , like if i can't even have my home like what else is there T_T

i always try to finish pieces in one sitting cuz i'm worried otherwise i just won't finish it Lol
but w bigger pieces it's just not feasible to do it all at once

also .... >_> if ur post style isn't showing up for me would u want me to tell u >_>

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 08:14:03 )

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

xvz - yeah it sucks for sure, but i'm hoping you can at least get -some- rest
yeah i usually finish stuff i start, but i only pick things i really like that i know i will likely binge work on lol
depends on what kind of broken? i know on iOS, the end curly bits on the dividers show up as X boxes and the fleur de lis shows up as the emoticon rather than the text code.....

🙤 ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⊰ ⚜ ⊱ ┈┈┈┈┈┈ 🙦

please @ me

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 08:14:59 )

*passes everyone who wants one, a bowl of Fritos corn chips*

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 08:15:19 )

aawww!!!!!!! orange boy so cute , like an orange cranberry loaf cake
is he cuddly ??? i wanna hug :3

also Lol @ someone walking into ur home ... i guess benevolent drunk isn't too bad haha
have u ever seen those neighborhoods where all the houses look the same , i always wonder if that's a common thing for ppl to accidentally walk into the wrong identical home Lol i feel like i totally would

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.