Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Ever accidentally bought youtuber merch?

Voltie — smol she Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 03:05:21 )

Heyy, have you ever accidentally bought youtuber merch?
Cos I sure did today!!

I went to a local thrift shop and found a super cute lavender bag covered in adorable cats! It looked like really good quality inside, appeared to be never used and even had three sweet kitty pins attached! All that for $15.
I had to have it... and so I bought it!

Later I noticed some writing on the print reading "aphmau" which I ended up looking up.... iiit was youtuber merch?!?
This is the bag here!

I really love this bag but I dunno how to feel?
I barely use backpacks but this one is more subdued than my other one... I just... have a weakness for cute cats and lavender.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 03:44:29 )
I’ve never liked a youtuber enough to want to buy their merch and definitely haven’t done it on accident, but the bag you bought is super cute. I’ve never heard of that youtuber though? I would definitely keep the bag though.

Voltie — smol she Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 03:56:42 )

Yeahh I don't think I've ever liked a youtuber or their merch that much before!
I should really take the time to look her up later though.

I really wasn't expecting to find brand new youtuber merch out at the shops ever, but you saying to keep it makes me feel a little bit better about it!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 04:18:20 )

That is a really cute bag. I hope at least they are a good person XD

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — smol she Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 11:25:34 )

Looked at her videos today, there's a lot of minecraft things so I'm guessing it's aimed at a younger demographic?? Seems like a nice enough person!

My boyfriend bought up that one day some kid will notice it and I'll be just like when kids wear old band t-shirts of bands they don't actually listen to!

Haha I know, it reeled me in to buying it. Especially seeing as it's such nice quality!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 15:46:39 )

I wouldn’t even worry about it! It is a really cute bag and if it is high quality, it’s a plus. A lot of the merch from streamers and you tubers tend to be mid to high quality but the prices are sometimes steep to really make a profit off of it, so finding it at the thrift store is a plus!

And in reality if she doesn’t turn out to be a good person, you didn’t even directly support her. Someone must have bought it and then donated it so it’s okay!

bloop

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 22:27:46 )
this reminds me of something i was thinking about a few days ago, theres enough merch for things i'm not into but like the style of that i could probably make several outfits of just those things.
Hangout: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/8610

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 13:58:19 )

@myotis: omg I’ve never heard of that youtuber either but I love that bag! Score! xD
I’m super jelly that it’s out of stock on the actual site lol although I’m sure it was way more than $15 @.@

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 15:19:57 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
yall never.. liked a youtuber? wtf lol

cute bag though and i def wouldve bought it

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 15:49:52 )
Can't say I have ever done that.

But that bag is adorable!!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/24 04:54:40 )

not something i've ever done or even considered was a possibility lol but i guess it's bound to happen nowadays.
I know some people are fine with wearing merchandise of things they're not actually into or knowledgeable about just because they like how it looks, and I think that's fine, but I'm kinda weird about it to the point of always wanting to double check any time I see a neat design that looks too suspiciously like it might be some kind of reference or logo ;v;

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie — smol she Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/26 13:04:34 )

Thanks for calling the bag cute, guys!

@Ruby: It's grown on me more and more and I think you can still find the bags price on the website for like $58.19 AUD or something? I think that's the kind of price I'd be expecting?

I've honestly bought anime merch when I was younger just because I've liked the look of it so I guess I don't mind it so much! It's just hilarious that I'd find youtuber merch at a tiny second hand store that never really has much??

I would have looked into it but I really liked it and this kind of kawaii cat print... I have seen in so many things that I just assumed it was like a copy of a loungefly backpack or something?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.