Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2017 〖The Spooky Box 〗 ⇏ Free Art & Stories! OPEN! ⇩

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 01:42:09 )
Why so afraid? Heh heh...

@ghost: Naw man. You see that STAMPEDE of people in your shop who want to be on a ping list? Lots of people adore your art, and I'm one of 'em.

Yeah, I honestly go into ANY anime nowadays expecting some insane plot twist. The ole 'innocent until episode 3' act which, in some cases, is 'innocent until 10 minutes into episode 1', has made me question everything nice in an anime.

If it's happy and nobody's bloody after a few minutes, chances are it's going to become dark very fast. LOL

Drink... and be merry, heh heh.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 01:51:16 )
@Dowan: s-sob yeah true... I'm totally use to being a massive nobody it still comes as a shock to me anyone likes it c'; thank you.....

TRUE THAT'S TRUE it's so rampant now.... Not an anime but ohh my god I just learned about Doki Doki Literature Club the other day and wow...

CAN'T TRUST NOTHING.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 01:56:13 )

awwuh those were cute!
Who are they?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 01:57:56 )

@ghost: DUDE, WHAT IS THE TWIST TO THAT?

Like seriously, I looked at the page on Steam and kinda... tilted my head in immense curiosity but couldn't find the graphic imagery certainly lurking underneath the one hint to its dark nature. The genre tag.

But yeah, you're right. It's becoming overdone in like, every channel of entertainment imo. Kind of along the same vein as 'oh, you LOVE that character? That character's going to die.'

Honestly... I'd be more surprised if an utterly likeable character did survive a series now.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 02:10:56 )
@Slytherclaw: Aw thank you! o': They're my OCs Kane and James, I've had them forever so they've had a lot of iterations but the one constant is that they're the dorkiest couple... Kane's always angry and James is the 'voice of reason' yet is constantly setting Kane off on purpose because he loves teasing...

they used to be in a fantasy universe where Kane was a knight and James was a wizard but uhhh... long story short somebody ruined it for me so that's no more. c';<

@Dowan: DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? IT'S A BIG SPOILER IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.... It's a cool spin but yeah what I'll say is this: THAT TAG AIN'T LYING.

It is though like it's fun once in a while but it's not only super predictable it gets really tiring... Like I don't want to be emotionally drained or worried some bs twist is going to blindside me..

It's kind of why the transformer comics have been annoying me, they keep messing with the characters I like for no reason to the point every other issue I'm like 'is he DEAD?! WHY??" like sometimes you don't need a dramatic twist.... sometimes things can just be chill and happy for a bit...

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 02:19:44 )

Do you just not do fantasy at all much anymore, or was it just that specific setting that got ruined for you?

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 02:30:06 )
@Slytherclaw: this specific one got ruined... I won't go into too many details but uh I built this whole world, this girl I used to know wanted a part of it I guess and I stupidly went along with roleplaying with her. she completely destroyed the setting I made and turned it all into a weird... self-serving thing for herself... so after a LOT of bad stuff happened (unrelated) I cut her out of my life for good and after that it just really soured the whole thing for me. It was only recently that I was like 'man world might be ruined but no reason I need to throw away these characters that mean I lot to me, I had them before she came along...' so yeah c'; I revamped them

otherwise I still like fantasy! it's what I grew up with

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 02:35:53 )

Aww, that's super lame. People like that suck.
Are they modern day type characters, now?
o3o
Oh man, you could always have them still be modern day magic or something.
I have a bias, I'm a sucker for modern day magic.
-w-

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 02:46:32 )

@ghost: Hmm... maybe I'll play it just to experience the twist if you say it's a cool one. =D

Yeah, I'm really sick of predictable angst. Like, I wanna get attached and feel safe occasionally, and not suffer massive emotional trauma. LOL

Ah, really? Transformers is like that now? I've only ever seen the old cartoons, but you never had to think about character death back then. Mm, yeah. Personally I find slice of life content pretty difficult to write and make engaging, but I feel like there's a need for it now more than ever. >.>

I'll probably disappear soon to sleep.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 02:57:03 )
@Slytherclaw: Oh yeah she's definitely the worst... From what I've heard she's still like that too but hey, not my problem c;

YEAH currently I don't really have a plot for them right now so they're just being chill and domestic in modern times. AH that would be really cool though! I love modern magic stuff too.. Got my brain working thinking about what I could do with that hmmm..

Also I did a shitty 10 minute sketch of what they used to look like... man their outfits were a hot mess... couldn't design armour to save my life...

Sir Kane "the dragon eater" Hess, not a chivalrous bone in him... Just looking for an excuse to fight as much as possible... And James the wizard's apprentice... highly intelligent and refined but for some reason can't cast a successful spell to save his life... they failed so many quests...

@Dowan: yeah if that's the kind of thing that interests you I'd recommend it c;

YEAH sometimes you kind of need that sense of safety and comfort when watching a show, you can still have an engaging plot and be invested in the action without having to worry like 'some big twist is coming isn't it...?' orz

Oh my god the TF comics by IDW are brutal man because they can get away with a LOT... They're highly political, they're allowed to explore gender and sexuality really openly, social inequality, trauma and mental illness, they kill characters off frequently in REALLY gory ways, and they get to explore a LOT of cool scifi plots o: I especially love More Than Meets the Eye/Lost Light, they're a really good mix of intelligent, funny, and heartbreaking... I love them a lot but they're starting to wear me down a bit with how my faves keep getting messed with...

yeah slice of life is really hard but it's a good palette cleanser.. personally I like writing comedy where bad stuff happens but all works out in some way c';

all good! you should sleep! I'm probably going to nap myself

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 04:28:00 )
@rainbowpanda: oh interesting, my mom likes kale too xD I'm just not a fan

@dowan: oh how'd you learn to cook our dishes xD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 04:29:53 )
This is Candy Corn. and this is Gala

@ishoji: It depends on how it's made ;)

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 04:31:54 )
@RainbowPanda: Gala is way too freaking cute.

Click the image to go to my art shop!
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 04:33:20 )
@rainbowpanda: well how do you usually have it xD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 07:19:01 )
This is Candy Corn. and this is Gala

@ishoji: I have it with butter and kale and then put it in the microwave

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 07:23:00 )

@ghost: oh my god, mr knight
you can't get cuddles if you've got spikes on the places where heads go, gosh

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 07:35:56 )
@rainbowpanda: oh interesting, kale's just a bit too bitter to my taste though xD

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:06:55 )
@Slytherclaw:
later.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:11:38 )
I spy a
@ghost:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:13:16 )

@ghost: *waves pompoms*
RAH RAH WIZARD MAN
THROUGH THE POWER OF LOVE
RAH RAH
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.