Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Who else is feeling burnout raise your hand

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 03:32:09 )
Trying to keep up with current events just feels like one gut-punch after another

(That and I still haven't found a new job. The rejections are starting to weigh me down in a bad way 😩 )

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 04:53:32 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

Ah, I feel the same about rejections as well. I'm still working in a job that I hate and still trying to find another one but no luck so far. ._.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 05:51:26 )

@Lilykin: life is hard right now. I try to just take it day by day but it’s hard.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 07:03:13 )
With a new baby I can definitely relate. I've been getting maybe four hours of sleep a night if I'm lucky...

Don't feel bad about rejections... its usually less about your qualifications and more about who got there first. I've had REALLY good resumes for the places I've applied and gotten rejected. I even had a place or two tell me I was too qualified to work there. Timing and who you know are helpful, but applying for jobs is largely a crap shoot. My process was to blanket apply for places, five or six a day.. I'd call them all to check up in a weeks time (or less if I was eager) and it still took me months to find a job each time I was unemployed. (I was raised on the notion that calling them was how you showed you really wanted the job, but I read a long reddit post where younger folks were saying this actually hurt their chances of being hired these days, so my oldschool techniques might have been holding me back...)

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 10:00:55 )
@lilykin: yeah with all thats going on and having kids its tiresome lol.. i hope things get better for you and hope u get a job.. i know u will though maybe those jobs arent for you .. i believe theres a reason for everything.. ^.^

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 15:45:18 )

I'm starting to feel burnout cause I've been focused on only college for like, 2-3 months now D;
nothing else to focus on cause it eats away my time.

job rejections are super disheartening after enough times. But keep at it, you'll get a yes!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 15:54:39 )
-raises hand-
I'm doing Day-To-Day living. e.e"

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 16:23:10 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

-makes friend raise her hand-

Put ya guns awn!

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/19 21:44:09 )
Whoops, was kinda out of it for two days with a migraine XP

@ChiffonOrange: Keep persevering! Do you mostly use indeed or somewhere else?

@Totalanimefan: I'm trying but they days keep coming and they don't stop coming lol

@Glume: Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I just need more people on the inside lol. That and I live in the middle nowhere so there's so fewer opportunities to being with

@LilMissKushy: I don't know how ya'll are going through this with kids oof. I'm hoping this works out for the best

@Jolly: I'm glad I'm not messing with college at the same time as all this. (Gratz on finally being able to take your final!)

@Koah: Same, same

@Kitalpha Hart: ✊🏻

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/19 21:57:34 )

@Lilykin: And I hit the ground running!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/19 22:22:28 )
@lilykin: its hard work and tiring XD but it has to be done.. hopefully its all over soon

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/19 23:18:03 )
@Lilykin: yeah, whoever says getting a job is easy hasn't tried in the past 15 years.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/19 23:29:51 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Lilykin: 13 day work bi-weeks. Some shifts are 12 hours. She works at a factory and got kicked out of two houses because power trips she she's currently with me
So yes, I'm making her raise a hand

Put ya guns awn!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/20 01:34:40 )

@lilykin:
Yeah its a bit much xD online classes suck. But its working out in the end!
and thanks! I took a bunch more this week as well. About to start my LAST quarter of classes <33 twomonthsleft

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/20 02:30:41 )
@Glume: My grandfather doesn't understand this. I was applying everyday for months with no luck and he walked into my previous workplace, talked to the store manager cause he knew him, and then I had a job. So he still thinks that's how it works. I'm like... your experiences are not universal XP

@Kitalpha Hart: Yikes, give her my condolences

@Jolly: The end is in sight!
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/20 02:52:59 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Lilykin: she's already planning on moving to Michigan by mid-September so she's got that covered

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/20 15:39:27 )
I need a vacation. 'nuff said
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/20 23:53:02 )
I like, need to quit Twitter, or at least cut way back

It's what I do the most and I am just like, one step away from a major anxiety attack

so yeah I really feel you

the current protests and stuff are fine but it's really the covid news that's getting me so worked up :(
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.