Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat We made it through the week

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 18:38:14 )

@Wildfire: I think a lot of people are angry right now. Understandablely. Just stick with Voltra for now. Lol

@marupiter: same. I made a thread back in March saying that not having anything to look forward to was really bumming me out and was not good for my mental health. So I made myself think about small things to all forward to. So things like Voltra’s next event. Which we had in April. I looked forward to the next season if Fruits Basket or a new video game.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 18:38:30 )

@Jolly: I hope those stores are doing ok.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 23:14:35 )
There's something foul about the air here...

I don't feel like I've gotten through the week, unless you consider the week being the wall I was thrown through by life lol. Here's to another week that hopefully is less stressful

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 05:18:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Ooh yeah, avatar site events are definitely something to look forward to. Are you looking forward to any video games?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 05:26:06 )

@grost: You still made it through. I hope that this week will be kinder to you.
@marupiter: Yes they are super good on Voltra too. I don't know when the next one will be on Voltra. Maybe July? Or maybe Sept 1st since that's Voltra's anniversary? I'm looking forward to some more info about video games. I want to know more about Rune Factory 5 and Shin Megami Tensei 5. I have played games in that series and they were really good. E3 was supposed to be this week too. :(

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 20:00:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Ooh, definitely looking forward to my first Voltra event. I love the Rune Factory series so I'm super excited for RF5. I really hope it can come out this year. It's my sole reason to buy a Switch.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 20:09:31 )

@marupiter: Oh my gosh you love Rune Factory too! Yay! I played 4 on the 3DS but of course I bought it for the switch. I'm 105 hours in and I'm not done with it yet. When 5 got announced last year during the direct I literally screamed. I knew the series couldn't be dead! I hope that FR4S was popular to people. It's such a great game. I need FR5 news, I think it's a bit ridiculous that we know nothing about the game and it's supposed to come out this year. Can't we at least see the protagonist, or other characters? Game play would also be nice to show as I'm wondering what the art style is going to be like.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:39:24 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes! I actually entered the fanart contest on XSEED's social media for it recently (didn't win, sadly). I feel like considering the lack of news there's no way RF5 would come out this year, but I'm still hoping. I really wish we knew more about it.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:49:44 )

@marupiter: Oh that's cool. Too bad you didn't win :(
I feel like it's going to get delayed too, which to me is ok, but it's not like they don't have anything done with the game, it was suppose to come out this year, which means almost everything is done. Show us some art please! Show us the graphics? Even if it's like a 2-5min trailer that would be wonderful. (No E3 this week. RIP RIP) The lack of new news is so hard for me. It's not like I have anything else to look forward to during the pandemic lol.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 22:48:43 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, you're right. I wonder why they haven't bothered releasing any new information. Maybe they think the fandom has waited so long it doesn't matter, we'll buy it anyway. LOL.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 23:11:30 )

@marupiter: Yeah I guess so, they don't want to hype us up? But if people don't know about this ahead of time it's not good for marketing and sales of FR5 when it comes out. I want it to sell well so that there will be a FR6 XD
I feel like there wasn't much buzz about FR4S when it came out and I blame the lack of marketing. It was nice to see it on the Nintendo Direct but most people were like what game? XD
Anyway, how many hours are you into FR4S? What part of the game are you at?
This play through (instead of the one I had on the 3DS) I feel like I'm much better at the game and I focused on raising my crafting levels and I feel like I'm better at the game.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 01:42:58 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I'm a little salty they didn't do a better job of promoting Rune Factory in general. I felt like whichever company had them focused too much on Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons. I went to Anime Expo a few years ago where Rune Factory would probably be the best received and when I saw they were promoting Story of Seasons, I just thought...why.
I actually don't have RF4S, just the 3DS one. I'm waiting for RF5 before I buy a Switch, haha. There aren't too many game series I'm into, so it hasn't been worth getting a new console for anything.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 05:37:48 )

@marupiter: Yeah I agree. Stardew Valley is a huge hit but FR4 is a way better game and people barely know it.
Pretty much the series has had 5 installments with only word of mouth hype. That’s how good of a game it is.

Oh I see. Makes sense. I love my switch. I know you said there aren’t many series that you like but it does have good games. If you like JRPGs there are a lot. I also like this puzzle game I found called SubaraCity. I think it’s also on mobile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 19:37:14 )
@Totalanimefan: Have you played Stardew Valley? I hear a lot of good things about it, but honestly the art just isn't my thing so I haven't bothered. Do you have any recommendations for Switch games? I'll check out Subaracity on mobile if I can.
I'm usually pretty picky about games, especially since I'm awful at turn-based strategy types. For instance, I think I would love Fire Emblem's art and story, but I'm awful at the gameplay and have no desire to play it because of that. My other favorite series is probably the Professor Layton series.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 19:54:31 )

@marupiter: I have played Stardew. It's a bit more western then other farming games. I put 40 hours into it but I just didn't care about the town's people and I felt like things aren't as well balanced as other farming games, but it was just made by one person which is impressive.

Fire Emblem is so good, but if you don't like that kind of game play you would never be able to get through it. If it's just because it's hard, there is an easy mode. 3 Houses is such a great game. What about Pokémon? If you like Pokémon there is the Let's Go series and Gen 8 games (Sword and Shield). Layton is a great series, idk if there are any games for the Switch. It might just be a remaster.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/14 17:24:54 )
@Totalanimefan: With Fire Emblem, I just don't like the gameplay. I played Pokemon games before (not on the Switch), but they just never held my interest. It would great if they ever released another Layton game, but I'm not sure it would be so great on the Switch.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/14 20:30:40 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I haven't been able to really create art I've liked.
Along with things going on, it's been pretty tough for me.

But my fave artist might stream tomorrow and her streams always cheer me up.
So I'm excited for that.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/15 02:25:20 )

@marupiter: oh I see.
I love Pokémon but all the games are like literally the same and it’s starting to lose me. They need to change up the game a little bit. It can still be turned base and different from the others.
Layton would be cool! Have you ever heard the Phoenix Wright series? I heard both series have overlapping fans.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 03:04:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, I played most/all of the games in that series for the DS. There was a Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright DS game which I loved.
art commission info | my etsy sticker shop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/17 22:23:42 )

@marupiter: yeah I remember that game. I think my husband played it.
Oh and I looked yesterday. There are Layton games on the switch. Ones that are centered around a girl instead? I don’t remember the name but I saw it on the store and though of you.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.