Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My charm samples arrived!~

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 03:18:57 )

Remember this little guy?
I might've made him a bit TOO little :vanora_xd:

not bad for a first attempt, the image is pretty clear and the colors came out well. Only slightly darker than the original file, but that's kind of a given with printers. He's still pretty vibrant.

Might turn him into a 2" size
unless people decide they want itty bitty exarch. My friends at work were having such a squeal lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 03:34:01 )

That is so cute!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 03:36:44 )
thise are cute..i make these kinda things at home

buying art selling things

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 03:37:03 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

Those charms aren't really bad c: They look great tbh

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 03:46:37 )

Oh boy, now I realize why I ordered them so tiny. I was looking at the price tag for the 2" size
a mighty big jump from $30 for 1" to roughly $115 for 2" xD
dang materials being expensive

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 03:58:38 )

So smol. Very cute. X3 I've always wanted to make charms but the up front cost is not a small number lol. I used to make them out of shrink paper but that stuff is VERY INCONSISTENT lol.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 04:05:18 )

@priestess of pie:
Yeah, that's why I tried the 1" charms cause they were much more affordable. The quality ain't too bad either!
I probably need a less detailed design to make it even better for the size.
But I don't have much of a following so I still need to be careful how much money I blow on things like this, that may never even make that money back lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 04:56:35 )

OH ZAP HAS A 25 CHARM OPTION FOR 2"
its so much more affordable than the 50 charm option, and makes more sense for an itty bitty artist like me
AH <3
didn't see this at first cause I'm blind

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 04:58:41 )

soooo tiny lol
    i see zap's printing quality has improved since i last used them :O

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 05:08:48 )

@pachi:
Yeah? What do you use now? (sorry if I asked this before, I forget things lmao)
I'm really happy with these. I find the 25 2" option for these to be decently affordable, so might order some on my next pay check and see if they sell <3
I'm so excited

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 05:17:55 )

@Jolly: i order in larger quantities so it's more worth it for me to order from chinese companies :O i use vograce.
    good luck with sales /o/ they're adorable

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 05:20:51 )

@pachi:
omg, I was asking a discord server about it and someone in there pinged me to say "vograce!!" but I didn't understand what they were saying lmao
now it makes sense an hour later.

Thank you so much! I'll probably make a future thread to scream excitedly when I finally have them set up to sell XD takes about a month for production, if not longer.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 05:22:59 )

@Jolly: yeah like everyone in the west who makes keychains uses vograce LOL
    they have options for epoxy, glitter epoxy, gold foil, holo foil, and a bunch of cute clasps~
    but it's only worth it if you're doing a group order or ordering a huge amount because of the shipping lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 05:25:26 )

@pachi:
I'm trying to figure out their pricing and such now. I really like their quality. Just by the photos you showed me in my last thread, the edges seem a bit smoother? Something I noticed when I compared my charms with a charm I got off etsy recently, their's felt smoother and a little more sturdy

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 05:35:04 )

@Jolly: here are some (old) videos of examples 'cause i still really like them

gold foil with epoxy + holo foil

they do take that time to smooth out the edges (or their lasers are better lol) and yes i think their acrylic is just a tad thicker than what zap uses (from my old order years ago)

adding epoxy adds a whole other layer of sturdiness so i really recommend that !!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 05:42:03 )

@pachi:
oooohhh I like sturdy and smooth. These look awesome <33
I assume you have to contact vograce directly to set up an order, cause there doesn't seem to be any buttons on the site for it. That's one bummer cause I do like the simplicity of filling out a form where I can see all my options and prices in one place, without making a commitment yet.

But if the quality is that good, I'd be happy to see what their pricing is like overall. Dunno if I am capable of selling a bulk amount of something while being brand new to this but I also don't believe in halfassing quality for a client XD if I can afford it.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 05:46:17 )

@Jolly: i contacted through alibaba and just kept using the same DM thread for new orders LOL
    you can message them to ask for a quote, also they're on twitter too :o

the pricing is very cheap compared to zap but again
    bulk will drive the price down
    in your case you should test the waters with doing preorders first but if you're only doing small batches for now, then stick with zap

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 06:01:31 )

@pachi:
Ohh, I'll have to check that out then.
I sent them an email to ask about their ordering process though, since its new to me.

Fair enough, thanks for the advice! vograce might be a better option if I start selling at a convention or something like that, I think. I don't know if I could see myself selling bulk online successfully. Still, I'd like to see the price comparison to zap's just to get a good gauge for later. After I move I do plan on wiggling into cons once I get settled and can work out products

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 06:37:45 )

@Jolly: it's definitely easier to sell in bulk in conventions (hahahahhahahah when they come back)
    zap's overall quality still isn't as good as vograce's imo lol fdjghjdhf

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 07:25:55 )
Ooo I've always been interested in making custom acrylic charms, but never knew how/where to do it. Also I'm broke lmao. Those look cute as heck! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them from? ouo

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.