Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Moody's Bat Cave

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 04:25:37 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

People with keys can give access to users who don't have access.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 04:28:46 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

I used to have an account on Twitter but I ended up deleting it 'cause I wasn't into it :v I still haven't tried PF yet >_> ;

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 04:37:29 )
@Addy:
@ChiffonOrange: There's a Pillowfort invite thread here. If it needs more keys just @ me

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 04:48:58 )

pf is sooo quiet also they had some controversy a while back ~_~...

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 05:00:46 )
@pachi: What controversy?

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 05:03:13 )

they banned some artist over some vague r18 rules they then walked back but didn't unban the user
    idek that's the gist of it, you can look that up

there's also fanexus that people are touting to be a safe space for creators etc etc
    i'm keeping an eye on that

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 05:05:06 )
@lilykin: ooh thank you, i'll pass for now since i doubt i'll do a whole lot with it currently :vanora_sweat: twitter has been low-pressure just posting sketches and stuff
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 05:26:37 )
@pachi: Oh I think I remember that. It was a question of what was considered "underaged" 😬😬😬

I hadn't of heard Fanexus. I don't envy their legal team if it gets off the ground

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 05:32:31 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

On the second thought, maybe I'll pass. :vanora_sweat:

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 05:51:57 )
@ChiffonOrange: Here's a good write of their stance. But basically it boils down to no explicit art of minors and grey area fictional character cases are at mod discretion.

One of tumblr's big problems was their underage art userbase (and other illegal types of art/photos 🤢). So it's good that PF made their stance clear

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 05:59:32 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Lilykin: Ah, I see. What about the characters who are at least 17-19? I'm still a bit skeptical about it as the rules seems pretty vague. ...And I kinda do NSFW art but not very often. (*chuckles sadly* I'm in slight danger.)

Oh my, if you mean by underage, I'm assuming the whole.... I-I'm not sure what to say about it as I feel conflicted, especially to this l*li and sh*ta thing.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 06:22:31 )
@ChiffonOrange: I would think 16-17 would fall in the grey area. 18+ is generally considered adult. (L*li/sh*ta is a no go.)

One of the problems fandom seems to have is when characters are aged up 18+. Some people seem to view that as the same as if they were depicting underage characters??? (Teen Wolf and Voltron come to mind.) That may have been more twitter/tumblr drama thing but I know a lot of artists I follow stopped posting for awhile or locked their accounts to new followers.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 06:43:11 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Lilykin: Ah okay. I understand and yes, I agree with you. L*li/Sh*ta = huge no-no

Tbh aging up characters to 18+ is not the same as you said depicting them as underaged characters. I don't know much about Teen Wolf but Voltron, oh boy. Their fanbase is kind of mess though...

I feel bad for the artists who gone through this stuff (drama, anti etc.)

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 07:28:22 )
@ChiffonOrange: One of Teen Wolf's biggest ships was Stiles (16) and Derek (22). Mmm, not exactly great. But it was one of those people were getting flack for aging up. Voltron was a big ole cluster

I've luckily avoided most fandom drama b/c I'm a passive consumer/creator rather than an active one. Also b/c I seem to get into fandoms after they've hit their peak and a lot of the drama has moved onto the next thing lol

Some much of fandom drama boils down to how people consume content. Expecting everything to cater them exactly instead of just being, hmm, this isn't for me, and moving on is a problem I see a lot. This isn't to say we shouldn't call out problematic things. But learning that "thing I don't like" is not the same as "problematic" should be in the how to join a fandom 101
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 07:35:35 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Lilykin: I see. That's understandable. *nods* That is true, this is also the reason why I avoid fandoms despite I like certain things (video games, cartoons or anime) and never even wanted to get involved in all sorts of drama.

And I see. :o What you've said is right. If person A doesn't like the content, they either avert their gaze, move on or just pretend it doesn't exist without causing any trouble. Problematic things (especially when it involves RL... yikes) on the other hand is another (serious) matter.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 15:24:17 )

they've used these terms so much it's lost all its meaning (ped0, problematic, etc.) like... these kids think they're making a real difference but they're really not lol

i've been reading a bunch of these kids' shenanigans lately and it's so sad tbh

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 15:33:16 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

I see. I understand most people tend to misuse the terms as you mentioned and what did they do this time?

It's okay if you don't have to answer.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 16:11:46 )
Good afternoon artissst!

Hope all your days are going well!
I got my wrist cracked so maybe I can draw soon??

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 16:14:56 )

uhh latest one was wishing violence to a promare artist
    not pretty stuff lol

@Keturah: omggg nooo not the wrist

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 16:27:57 )
@pachi:
Wrist, elbow AND my neckyy!
I'm surprised I haven't fallen into a pile of rubble yet but it seems to just be tight for now.
He said I can use it right away but take regular breaks, like every 10-15 mins so Imma take today off and try tomorrow

how is your comic coming along?!!!
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.