Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Moody's Bat Cave

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 13:49:56 )
@Keturah: same ^^ I'm working full time and got monthly commissions, but once those get a bit fewer I'll probably open up some simple art for items >u<
I draw humans mostly, like characters.
@ChiffonOrange: that would be so nice xD I'm not active enough to know what there is and what is what

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 13:53:15 )
=== A wanderer wanders from place to place ===

@Ayakashi: Mmmhmm. And it's okay ^^

@Keturah: Ahh I see. xD To each own and you're welcome. :3 Oh, I used to do that too with a mouse as well and I still draw with a mouse these days, maybe I had little to no need for a tablet yet lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 13:54:41 )
@ayakashi:
Oooo that's so cool!!!
does your full time job involve drawing too??
also congrats on getting consistent commissions! I've never worked out quite how to do that so keep getting one off ones every few months xD

Sounds p much like me! I love drawing fantasy characters but have started doing some studies to learn backgrounds a bit better.

@chiffonorange:
Yeahh drawing with a mouse is definitely possible if you're unable to afford a tablet at this time but it's worth investing in one if you do draw a lot / plan to draw bigger projects! A mouse can be quite limiting~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 13:58:59 )

@Keturah: I understand :o *nods* Aah, shoot! I'm very used to drawing with a mouse even though it does has its limits xD

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 13:59:42 )
@Keturah: Sadly not xD though I don't mind having drawing as a side-job rather than full. It is not good for the back xD and these days I can't even go the gym so it's even worse.
I guess the trick is to do everything rather than just some things :) resource material is way easier to make and more in demand. Jumping on projects even if they don't pay at first is also a good way. Like new game developments and such.

if you wanna promote your own project, I guess shamelessly posting around social platforms work for promoting, though may take a while.

@ChiffonOrange: ah it do work to just ask people about items to

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:10:01 )

@ paint/pixel art
    did any of y'all go on oekaki boards LOL

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:11:05 )
@ayakashi:
That's so true omgg
my back is so messed up xD
I keep trying to sit straight every once in awhile but slowly go back to slouching after a few mins.
Ah yeah everywhere's closed here too, I used to go swimming on weekends and fast walks but instead I can only cycle once a week and even then it's super stressful as there's so many people out!

I don't think I'd be willing to work for free, nor is it good to, unless you're passionate about a project. Too many artists get taken advantage of as people don't see art as a skill worthy to pay for :(

I already post on social media a lot, there's obviously just more to it than that that I haven't worked out yet xD

@pachi:
Noooo but I used to draw a lot on iscribble!! do u kno that one?!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:11:32 )

No. Not even once :o

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:15:45 )

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:16:22 )
OMG
that's the kinda shit I would have loveeddd

I've never heard of it before tho

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:18:46 )
@Keturah: here it's open but I do not trust the other people at the gym to disinfect after each use :/ I mostly to weight lifting so it's kinda hard to keep the distance.

Ah yeah, you'd need a contract, most projects are funded through go-fund me or similar things. As the project kicks off they usually start bringing in some kind of money and then they can start paying artists. It would be the same with your own project however much smaller income, usually.

There is a lot more xD did I mention shamelessly? like post, make clips, tutorials, post on forums like these, stream and attend conventions (artist alleys and such).

I think I did both Oekaki and Iscribble

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:19:59 )

people would make their own oekaki boards hosted by oekaki BBS and i was on it when i was into inuyasha and naruto LOLLLL
    art plus message board all at once, it was fun

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:24:38 )
I think it was mostly used to derpy drawings and to draw... genitals on other peoples drawings xD

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:27:59 )

hhfdsjhg
    i did some pretty serious draws on mine
    drew a lot of my OCs back then too
    it was funnnn

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:30:21 )
we used it mostly for genitals and to wreck war amount our characters xD it was more of a fluid kind of drawing, ever changing.

ah art was so simple back then

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 14:32:00 )
LOL it seems to sound similar to iscribble but iscribble was just live chat, I didn't really know there was a whole gallery section you could post work to and get comments on, but only art drawn on the iscribble site.

I remember the art games I used to love
;____;;
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 16:48:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I use to go on iscribble
but it was back when i wasn't really good at art.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 16:57:34 )

simpler times back then... just playing around on those art boards
    now kids these days are all fancy with their ipads and procreate 😂😂😂

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 18:03:48 )
back in the days when everyone almost had the same kind of average equipment xD
it was fun though

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 18:40:56 )
computer mouses and MS paint.. or a janky $50 tablet without pressure sensitivity that you had to beg to get for your birthday... :")
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.