Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk People are going crazy here, I'm so fed up with it

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 19:30:32 )

The media is inspiring my city too much, in all the wrong ways. From the "protests" (aka trump rallies) rolling through neighborhoods acting like a katamari to pick up their recruits and go block a road somewhere, like they did in Denver. And now it seems we have a pattern of people gathering in parking lots to harass, threaten and throw things at people walking to and from their cars.
Last night was another case of that, which I think makes it 10x worse being that it was already dark outside. They're just terrifying people! I don't know if they're trying to scare people to go home, or fussed about them wearing masks, or not wearing masks. It doesn't matter, we shouldn't be having to call non-emergencies at my job every week over this. :/

I already had a personal run in with crazy people a couple of weeks ago as well. I think it was actually a day or two after my break up also, so I was already having such a hard time. Then I'm walking across my job's parking lot at like 10:30pm, trying to get to the doors which I knew were locked and I had to walkie someone to let me in. Its dark, I'm alone, I'm frustrated and I had these 3 cars swarming around me, blocking me in 3 directions and shouting at me but I couldn't understand what they were saying over their engines roaring. It scared the shit out of me. They of course dispersed when I lifted my phone to dial for help, so the moment didn't last long and I got inside safely.

In what world is this okay? I don't care what you believe in about this virus, and frankly getting sick of all the "passionate" opinions on it as if raging is going to fix anything. But there is literally no reason to act this way. Pointing blame at everyone around you, taking out frustrations, and using "my precious freedom" as an excuse, as if that justifies these actions at all? It is APPALLING to see just how many people are involved in these hateful actions.

And that poor man on the news, I can't remember from which state, who ended up shot down over asking his customer to wear a mask. From what I heard of it, the customer went home first. Then their husband and son literally went out of their way to come back, hunt down this worker and kill him. OVER A PIECE OF CLOTH?
This man did not lock down our country. Neither did I, neither did my customers, or anyone else who's been harassed about all of this.

People like these just need to shut off all their devices and go stare at the sun for a bit.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 19:43:23 )
WOW. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. That's excessive. Its extreme.
So I'm in Denver-ish, and the worst it got was the protests. I personally think they're dumb and are spreading irresponsible ideas, but I feel like they have every right to protest as long as they do so peacefully. It bordered on not peaceful, and I know those same people don't support everyone's right to protest, but I don't want to sabotage my rights by telling them they shouldn't do what they're doing, y'know? ...but what you are experiencing is harassment, its dangerous and scary, and I'm so sorry you have to go through that. To think that this is what people feel like oppression is just smacks every oppressed people in the face. I'm SO SORRY they can't get their hair cut at a salon, SOOOO SORRY they have to think of people other than themselves for once. Ugh, its disgusting. We deserve better from our fellow humans, we deserve to be better to each other.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 20:13:53 )

@Jolly: wow WTF is wrong with people. I wish that the ones being assholes were the only ones that would face the negative consequences of their actions. Then I wouldn’t care and see Darwinism at it’s finest but they are going to give it to innocent people and that makes me really mad.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 20:17:09 )

@glume:
Yeah I'm about an hour and a half from Denver. Ever since that protest popped up there, the one with the health workers in a standoff with a bunch of cars, I feel like it inspired people up here to go absolutely batshit. Maybe this is just coming from the retail perspective (I tend to be exposed to the worst of people on a good day). But its like people start to pick sides from that story and go all out lol

When I first saw the protests, I knew the media was only going to highlight the most ridiculous signs out there. The ones about their haircuts and holocaust nonsense. I figured "there's probably PLENTY of reasonable protest arguments in the crowd that we don't see". Cause of course, I can empathize with the frustrations, even if I don't agree.
But... but the ridiculous ones are what I hear the most in person. And they're so aggressive, like the harassments I mentioned. Things are opening up again finally, all we have to do is wear a mask and we'll have all that freedom that we did before. But people are just getting more violent it seems. A mask is too much to ask lol

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 20:20:35 )
@Jolly: OH SNAP. I didn't even realize that was happening here. Nobody says anything about it. If I were not so pregnant I'd come be your body guard because JUST LET someone come at one of my friends and I'll put the hurt on them. I really kind of hate people even more than usual right now. Thank goodness we have some good individuals left.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 20:22:02 )

I just don't understand how people can have so much hate in their hearts... I get frustrated like everyone else but I also am capable of understanding that my brief personal discomfort is not something I have to take out on someone else. Why? How will this help? What are you hoping to achieve?

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 20:38:32 )

@glume:
Haha yup! Up in greeley. So far, every sunday my job has had to call on these harassments in the parking lot, according to my HR manager.
Definitely stay inside as much as you can, and stay safe <3 I don't know how Denver is handling things overall, but I'm happy if you're feeling its safer there. Greeley has always had this weird rep anyway.

@priestess of pie:
I assume people think that if they make a big enough uproar, then the government will be like "oh, ok sorry, have your life back"
But it.. doesn't work that way. Life cannot simply return to what it was at the snap of fingers. For those affected by this virus, it may never be the same. I already know people who have lost loved ones to it. My hair stylist lost her father about two weeks ago from covid.
Oh but people like my parents will also scrunch their noses at that and say "it wasn't covid, they're just labeling any death a covid death to scare us"

Its okay to believe in conspiracies. But it's never okay to be inconsiderate of others, and definitely not to threaten or harm them.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 21:58:41 )
@Jolly: I'm technically in Thornton which is a lot more low-key so far. But I have not left the house in over a month unless its to go to my doctors appointment twice a week or to get groceries... and even then I've been having my husband do it. I can barely walk my pregnant self across my house without feeling winded. I'm huge and about ready to have this kid any day now lol. I want to stay very clear of Denver, there's just too many people, but that's where my midwife is now and there isn't much I can do about it. Ive also got a friend and his pregnant wife who live in Greeley so I might have to check in on them because that's just scary. I can't believe some people. Buh.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 22:01:57 )
That sucks. We have had a few protests as well... but nothing like that, and everyone just drove their vehicles with signs up and down the main roads. It was just like a parade. Now people are just going about their business, but being careful to avoid people as well. I had this old guy look at me crazily cuz I wasn't wearing a mask and he just grunted and walked off.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 22:24:39 )

@glume:
Aww congratulations in advance! I hope that goes well, even if you end up having to deal with Denver a bit.
I actually just heard from a friend of mine in Loveland saying that they've got flash mobs going on there the same as here. So it definitely isn't just Greeley being harassed lol I hope your friends stay safe from it too. Especially with an unborn child in tow!

@macsen191:
See, if they could all protest like that, sure traffic would suck but at least they aren't harming anyone in the process.
I did have protesters swarm my neighborhood one day doing that, and I can only hope they didn't go block a road or do anything rude to anyone. My mother heard the noise they made and thought it really was some sort of spring parade or something lmao

Maybe we should make a gathering for a wholesome parade, holding up positive signs and instead of honking, some passenger can hold up a stereo playing ice cream music or something happy sounding lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/9 22:28:08 )

Unrelated but ouch
an expected $1500 oil leak fix in my car quickly turned into $2500 fixes covering several other things too.
Evidently all the potholes in the neighborhood exit (that the city refuses to fix when they've redone EVERY OTHER road in the whole area) finally near destroyed my transmission plates. :vanora_stunned:

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/10 14:14:05 )
Oh wow that's absolutely madness.. I'm sorry you've had to deal with all that.. I don't know why people feel the need they have to act like that.. I'm from a small town so I haven't heard of any madness.. well nothing that extreme.. everyone's going through the same thing most of us are staying in doing are bit and some are just using it as a way to just do what ever they like

I hope it's all over soon so we can all get back to some kind of normality.. today our country finds out if we have another 3 weeks extension or not.. and I think it will most likely happen..

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/10 16:36:12 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight

So far I've stayed home, and gone out as little as i can to avoid a lot of fuss, but it seems my towns not quite as bad as that, but it's no picnic ether. groups of kids or adults running through the space between my building and the next ..yelling..and we've had the doors on the three ends of the building not by the one by my place slamming at all hours and its getting m ea bit twitchy. im in a secure building, there's no need for the side doors, or the main door slaming, at least i've lucked out in it not being the door by my apartment..well. for now.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.