Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So -- how's YOUR day/week/whatever been?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 05:58:05 )
Speaking for myself, my life in the time of LOLplague is still busy; I've been working my butt off as of late(and I'm no longer used to 8-hour shifts, what happened to me?).

Also, I've been slowly getting the bits and bobs together to upgrade Mayuyu(y PC) into a better battlestation(thanks, TrumpBux!) -- or at least, I hope the video card and the PSU will play nice so I don't have to buy a new PSU. Not that I can't afford it, mind, but...

And if I can get Final Fantasy XIV running at more than 30fps, so much the better!

I'm still waiting on my Concellation staff t-shirt -- but I got my badge!

Also, I need get a "Cornette face" shirt.

So. How have YOU been holding up in the time of LOLplague?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 06:01:41 )

Otakon got cancelled but if you bought a ticket for this year it works for 2021.

I have a hard time being able to tell time in my head. I feel like I don’t know how many days ago things were lol. Overall I’m ok and healthy

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 06:05:38 )
@Totalanimefan: I never got around to registering before the cancellation, so I guess it's okay? I was planning on waiting until the last minute, anyway.(the badge mailing cutoff date, I mean).

Yeah, there are occasions where I have to ask myself "what day is this again?" :viosweat:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 06:10:28 )

@onsenmark: I’m counting down the days until next year but it just seems so long!

Yeah today I was like oh that thing that happened a few days ago to my husband and he was like you mean last night and I was like that was only last night? Lol but then today I can’t believe that it’s already 10pm for me.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 06:15:13 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm just hoping Nekocon doesn't get cancelled. If that happens, I have no idea what I'll do. :viocry:

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 06:33:32 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I have a friend staying over until it's all cleared up which changed to she's moving to Michigan in September if all goes well because she has asshole family members. Is nice because we can play Switch games together. So far, mostly Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley, the latter we have a co-op farm
My nieces, ages two and five, have been coming over every weekend and they're little migraines. And the five year old is showing signs of being a pathological liar
Trying to decide if I'm gonna get a laptop or an ipad pro with my stimcheck. Considering how slow mom's year old laptop is with Windows 10 despite being super good and that's the only Windows to be found, I'm leaning towards the ipad. But I wanna get it in person, and we all know how well that's gonna work out right now

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 06:50:51 )

@onsenmark: when is it?

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 11:26:27 )
For me time flies iam at Home with my baby atm and its the perfect weather to go on a walk with her every day.... iam reading much if my BF is Playing Games with his best Friend on pc. So all days are similar but really pretty . Parenthood is the best Job ever :)
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 12:19:38 )
Mostly I've had a good whatever. I'm in the last stretches of being pregnant, so mostly I've been sleeping and eating a lot, which is great because I actually CAN do those things while quarantined. I have to see my midwife twice a week due to hypertension and right now I have to be prepared that if I go in, they could just decide that's the day I'm going to have my baby. Its weird because I'm not ready for it to be today, but I probably won't be ready for it in two to three weeks when its "supposed" to happen. Technically I was supposed to have until June 15th, but high blood pressure tends to complicate everything. Creating a tiny human is such a weird experience. BUT YEAH, my whatever has been more or less pleasant :p
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 14:56:02 )
still crappy, been crappy the whole time. hate working from home. been seeing my fwb more frequently which has definitely helped with self care and loneliness. spending a lot of money buying things online to entertain myself. went out to saratoga springs last weekend and blew a few grand at a 5 star hotel and food.

my fwb tested positive for antibodies and we were both sick so i went and got tested for antibodies yesterday. they had to stick me 4 times with the needle before they got a good one. my antecubitals freakin hurt, man. i won't get the results until monday/tuesday.

hello again

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 17:35:34 )
*:..o()o..:*  *:..o()o..:*

Comic Con was cancelled for us, but my tickets roll over to next year and we're getting an extra day so that's great :D Also a lot of places are doing online cons and stuff, so we've yet to see how that goes.
I started getting back into watching anime, but the then uni happened and I now have a million things to do so blegh that's put a damper on things D:<
Oh well, I have chips and speckled egg sweets to snack ond. Also cranberry juice. That's nice. My sleep patterned is ruined. That's not.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 17:39:53 )

My life has been v boring of late. I leave the house only to walk the dog every few days (there are other people in the house who walk him regularly) and watching the news 24/7 hoping for good news.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 18:32:24 )
@Kitalpha Hart: Normal laptops tend to be kind of slow, anyway. If you want something with zing, you'd have to get a gaming laptop, but a good one will cost you money. (Refurbished is ok, if you can find one.) Other wise, yeah -- go for the iPad.

@Totalanimefan: First full weekend in November.

@kegs: Oof, that sucks. Feel better, ya?

@SuperZombiePotatoe: Yeah, cons are getting cancelled left and right. Thank goodness Concellation is a thing, also virtual cons.

@sunny: There are times I wish I could stay in, but since I work in a grocery, I'm considered "essential personnel". It's a pain in the backside. :viodead:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 18:50:04 )

@onsenmark: maybe you will be able to go. It’s impossible to know that far out. If we have more testing in the US it will be safer

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 19:05:55 )
@Totalanimefan: Well, it's more likely the con will go on than not at this point. Of course, that could change...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 19:06:07 )

@onsenmark: oh yeah that's rough :( I hope you're staying safe!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 19:07:33 )
@sunny: More or less, yeah. Although I wish I had just one day of simple rest and relaxation.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 19:12:23 )

@onsenmark: yeah I just don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be really sad when it’s cancelled :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 19:23:12 )
I'm in the process of buying my first house. It's been a roller coaster. The first house sold before the loan finished approving. The second house sold just as we showed interest. Now third times' the charm? hopefully. e.e' Loan is in place. I just need a home. OTL
As far as day-to-day stuff, pretty chill. I miss going to work. -shrugs- I got plenty to do at home.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/8 20:22:56 )
*:..o()o..:*  *:..o()o..:*

@onsenmark: A virtual con sounds super fun tbh

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.