Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Howdy Howdy Howdy

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 12:46:59 )
Hi and welcome to Voltra! :) Yup, the items are very cute here

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 12:47:59 )
@keturah: I think the currency rate is .5 per character but then there's a max on each post you make depending on the area you post in. In the rules on each forum there's an outline on how much the cap is. Eg, Welcome Committee is 50 Volts per post. Love letters seem to be an event currency, you can buy event items at the store Joyful Jamboree. :>

You should see the artists here! There is an artist alley in a way here too. :> When you're comfortable you should totally join them, I'd love to see your work. :)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 12:54:12 )
@kreatura:
Damn you on a roll!!!
Okay cool that all seems to make sense! Nice nice~
Thank you for explaining that to my dumbass, haha! Everything I learn I keep relating to gaia. It's so weird this site doesn't have a market so I don't know how you know how much items are worth ... hmmmmmm
Maybe it's a think you find out as you keep playing!

I found the artist forum!! It seems you just post a gallery of your own work...
I love looking at others but feel a bit weird posting my work when it's not related to this site at all :S
Maybe i'll check a few peoples out and see~

What are you here for on the site? pretty avatars? art? friends?!~ :3

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 12:58:35 )
@Kreatura: museum thread updates later after the event is over usually. Back end stuff, there are many things to do so yea.

Someone will update the museum later dont worry ouo

Also, watch out for giveaway threads in the forum. There are newbie support threads and also theres Volties who give people avy items for free. There are many of them regulars who does it. I hope that it helps >u<
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 13:32:03 )
@keturah: I love me some documentation and I am glad it is here. Knowledge Base and Newbie Guide

You know what, I didn't realise there wasn't a marketplace here! I think theres also aguide for item pricing too so that might help? Yeah we will definitely get a grip on what things are worth in time. I don't think the economy here is messed up liek Gaia's.

Have a think and maybe you will feel comfortable soon. :)

Uhhh, I just kinda missed talking to people online. I was a heavy user of an avatar site but that site got really quiet. Avatars are fun too, I get to flex my creativity that way because I can't draw or anything. If I could I'd totally sell art. :p

@kairu: Ahh thats good to know, I will need to keep a lookout. Thank you :)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 14:14:11 )
@kreatura:
Read those both!!
I'm not sure If I'm dum or it's a new part of the site but knowledge base is super empty for me???
Both helped a lot so thank ya! I'm probably going to go around reading all the rules somewhere to get an idea LOL

Yesss!! God gaia's market was so messed up! They did nothing to fix it and still don't bother tbh, it sucks because otherwise gaia's actually not so bad;;;
It's just super unapproachable for new users.

That's so true!!! i think Corona also made my loneliness a bit more apparent as I'm not able to see anyone, including my partner so finding people online helps a lot!!
haha! You should start doodling if you wanna! I always found it super fun doodling my avatars and still do it. Once i work out how to make a good avatar on here I'm so ganna draw her xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 18:00:35 )
@kreatura: Ya, I'm pretty sure I am @.@ But we'll make do heh. And ya, even I fell out of love with avi sites for a while. Or rather just was concentrating on other irl things. I could never get into Discord tho, I only started using it to chat with my boy this year. Anyway, we're here now and that's great
Ya for sure, I wouldn't mention Mene specifically, but hopefully it'll attract some stragglers

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 01:35:24 )
@kreatura: awe that's a pitty sleepy won't join us :/
@superzombiepotatoe: yes u really should make a wee mene hangout:D

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 04:35:19 )
@keturah: Its short and sweet but I learnt a bit from it, I'm glad you could too. Rules: don't be a butthead! and don't spam in the wrong place haha.

It was my second avatar site so it does hold a special place in my heart in a way but I left when GC because heavily relied on and then when I came back, my account was worth absolutely nothing. Never again. :<

Yeah! That's how I'm using this site. Like I'm not that social to begin with but literally, I am home all day and have been for a month. I can talk to my partner in real life and my work colleagues over the internet. That's it. It's getting a little old.I'm hoping avatar sites can make a comeback because of this.
Yeaaaaah I get kicks of confidence occasionally but I just end up copying things which is not good because I don't really get the skills I need to do my own work if that makes sense.

@superzombiepotatoe: Yeah RL just kinda happened to a lot of us as well. We have jobs, we have school etc. Quarantine has made it easier though!
I will totally join if you do it. :)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 12:29:21 )
@kreatura:
Oooo!! What was your first avatar site??
I think I started on gaia and have tried Tinierme but never got into it. I played on IMVU for a few months and still go back every couple of months to check it out, haha. It's never as social as I'd like it to be. People just sit in a room silently and don't really know how to make conversation xD
There was another site I tried but I don't remember the name, I didn't get into it much.
I truly hope they make a come back too!!!!

We sound pretty much the same, haha. Except I don't even live with my partner.
I talk lots with him and my work mates but I'm honestly super bored most of the days and when not working I like to talk to someone, haha.

Copying art to start learning isn't a bad thing!! A lot of artists would agree that even tracing is a worthy tool if you're using it to learn (and aren't selling/claiming the art as your own) I often will trace hands on a photo to understand a pose and perspective better. No shame in that!!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 16:02:14 )
@kreatura: Main reason why I got back on an avi site was lockdown/quarantine and me needing another way to procrastinate XD Plus I did miss it

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 00:28:11 )
@superzombiepotatoe: oh boy AVI sites are the perfect way to procrastinate. As long as you don't procrastinate posting!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 00:39:20 )
@kreatura: Can't do that! Gotta carve a little niche and earn for those commons *grabby hands*

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 01:32:26 )
@keturah: I mean it wasn't 100% an avatar site but it was Habbo Hotel Forums. From there I found Gaia Online. :) Oh man I tried IMVU as well and it was just like that! And then I could never uninstall it from my computer fully. 2007 was a wild time.

Yeah the random social banter with like shop assistants and other people youd come accross in the street I kinda miss. I'm not social but humans have needs ya know.

See hands make sense because they're damn hard to do! I need to learn to draw faces, they always go wonky. I want to get into digital art but I should start with the basics first.

@superzombiepotatoe: Thats the spirit! Theres so many nice commons and I love how you can choose colours. Your avatar is super cute btw!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 02:08:42 )
@kreatura: I love love love the commons So many nice accessories and the colour options means soooo many combinations *dies*
I did, however, buy something accidentally and am a bit mad at myself -_-
Anyway, thank you!! I'm struggling to just keep one avi, cause there's a lot I wanna try O.o

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 02:47:59 )
@superzombiepotatoe: What did you buy accidentally?
I'm finding it hard to make a decision on what to buy. I just made a CI wishlist haha. I haven't even started on Orbs.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 08:48:02 )
@kreatura: I think it's called Sprout? Little plant on your head, which is cute, but I didn't get it in green >.<
I haven't even started on a wish list XD I'm just winging it so far

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 08:53:34 )
Hahah I love it, what colour did you get it in?
You're doing great, I love your new look.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 08:58:27 )
@kreatura: Uh, sunset, that pretty pink-y orange colour. Which I love! But like... green plant >.< Would you like it?? o3o
Thank you!! I can't stick to one avi for very long XD And people here are so so generous T_T

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 09:23:00 )
@kreatura:
Ohh same!! I almost forgot about Habo hotel as it was when i was really young, haha!
Same with Club penguin xD

That's exactly how it is for me!! I'm not a super social person but it was always so nice just having a random chat with someone when making tea in the office or smiling at someone on the train, ;;____;; small needs but still needs!!

Basics are good! You can do both tho, learn basics while doing digital art but I understand it might be a bit overwhelming at first. I wish you luck regardless of what you do. I'd love to see anything you get around to drawing * v*
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.