Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I ordered my first acrylic charm

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 00:36:09 )


I want to start making things like this
Even though I don't have much of a following to sell it to.. eh but its fun to try :vanora_sweat:
Worst case I can hoard my own art lmao

I just ordered a single one to see how it turns out
Using this good ol' boy as my first tester

Gross watermarking I know, my sis always tells me I should go mad with that xd

Anyway
Its a european company, and with this virus being nutso, I'll probably expect a good wait on seeing the final product.
But I definitely want to show you guys once I get it!
Even if it flumps, I'm still excited to try this finally~

Report

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 01:16:06 )


That’s awesome !
It’s always cool to branch out like that.
I’d love to see it when it comes in.


Report
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 01:26:44 )


@lithium:
I always really like having my art printed in some shape or form.
Its such a satisfying feeling <3
Never did anything on this small of a scale though.

I'll definitely post it when it does come in!

Report

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 01:36:07 )


@q t e a p o n:
OH I think I actually saw that on twitter? I didn't have money at the time, but I do now >>
I'd love to get into making enamel pins as well but the cost is significantly higher.

Mind if I ask what manufacturer you went with? I'm trying out zapcreatives.

Report

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 01:48:43 )


@q t e a p o n:
Haha nah I follow your twitter account already :vanora_xd: sounds creepy to put it that way

Yeah sounds about right. I saw a quote for 50 pins on enamel factory's website, but I haven't checked any reviews for that yet. I think they're the same people as the company I went with for my charm, but not sure!
And yeah, I'd be willing to check out manufacturers directly!

Report

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:08:26 )

    ★ ★ ★
    ohh i made my first charms with zap too
    but it was years and years ago and i think their quality improved a lot since then
    it's always super exciting to receive merch you made ^o^

Report

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:11:30 )


@pachi:
I'd love to see what you had made if you still have it <3
zap seemed to also be cheap enough to start out with. I'll probably keep looking into other companies since I love to have options.

Report

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:15:19 )

    ★ ★ ★
    @Jolly: i think i may still have the zap original but it's down in the basement |D
    have photos of my more recent charms if you're interested




Report

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:34:18 )


@pachi:
Ahhh I love those! Are they glittery? xd
The bottom right most character looks oddly familiar.

Report

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:35:57 )

    ★ ★ ★
    @Jolly: yes they are, and they're also double-sided; i drew the backside of their outfits too because i was a super masochist lmfao
    these are all characters from touken ranbu :3

Report

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:38:15 )


@pachi:
omg lmao that's a great and horrible idea. I ordered mine to be double sided but I just... mirrored it xd

I see! They're all so cute ;;
Idk if I could manage to make that many consistent looking ones. If I did, I'd probably pour it all into more ffxiv characters

Report

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:40:13 )

    ★ ★ ★
    @Jolly: some of these characters' hairstyles only go one way so i don't like to mirror if i can help it haha
    the end result is very satisfying if you draw the back though

    thanks~~
    this is actually a standard set for me ~_~ i've made larger sets too, inventory tracking gets crazy

Report

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:45:17 )


@pachi:
Ah, I didn't think of that.
Well, guess my boy's crystallized cheek is gonna be on the wrong side on one half xd
Oh well~

Man, kudos to you for being able to keep a consistent style for that! My chibi styles at least are all over the place. I don't like the style that I naturally drew for the longest time, so I keep trying to alter it here and there. Change up the eyes, change the body size, ect. Then I get bored and unsatisfied.
I might start making some in my normal drawing style >>

Report

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:47:10 )

    ★ ★ ★
    @Jolly: haha it's no big deal really, most people won't even care tbh

    i can keep a consistent style across the set but across different sets is a completely different thing haha i also change the body shape/eye shape/shading style...

Report

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:53:43 )


@pachi:
Yeah thats what I figure. I started with the currently most liked character of the game so maybe people will find interest
maybe not and I just get to keep a little crystal exarch charm for myself ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I guess if I practiced that more I'd probably get the hang of making "sets" of things.
Even with regular arting I never really do that unless I make a base
The most I've done is this:

OC's in halloween costume lmao I was so dang proud of it

Report

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 02:56:27 )

    ★ ★ ★
    @Jolly: i'm sure people will be interested ^o^)/~

    ohhh that's so cuteeee wow
    i've used a base template for one of my sets too but that's because they're all in a hangling/dangling pose haha

Report

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 03:04:12 )



@Q t e a p o n: I want that pig. o.o
Report

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 03:06:57 )


@pachi:
Just stalked up your shop and holy poop I love it lol
I don't know the characters but they're so cute!
Are there any fees to putting listings up on storenvy? I've never sold online, but was probably gonna use etsy since I was more familiar with that

And thanks! They're so fun to make >>
probably the best base I've done

Report

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 03:09:27 )

    ★ ★ ★
    @Jolly: i've been with st0renvy since i first started selling, they didn't really have many fees back then and they still don't HOWEVER they will take a cut of your sales, especially if it's made from their marketplace :^) i hate it
    if you are going to sell only a few things, try bigcartel. they have 5 listings for free, but no inventory tracking
    i never really liked etsy though i know a lot of people who use it

Report

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2020/04/20 03:14:08 )


@pachi:
Yeah etsy also takes a cut of sales. I think it said 5%
plus 20c per listing (if there's multiple items in a listing, you pay 20c per item, but only as they sell) and then whatever transaction fees. And listings have to renew every 4 months which isn't terrible.
bigcartel might be better for starting out though. I'll look into that too, thanks!


Report
❀
08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.