Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment I need a break from all of this corona stuff

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 22:46:34 )

These are very troublesome times and that's why is a perfect time for me to binge watch a ton of anime (≧∇≦)/

There's no shame of escaping reality for a little while... So that's why If there's any anime you want to recommend me and what is your favorite anime so far?

The genres I usually go for is adventure, fantasy, romance, comedy, slice of life and a little bit of isekai :3

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 22:52:11 )
I don't really have much of a place to talk really since I've barely dived into anime, but I remember really loving Soul Eater (I know, a really basic one) and the new Castlevania anime is really interesting

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 22:54:06 )
+1 for Soul Eater.

I've watched a bunch of anime, but one I've started recently and that's really easy to binge is My Hero Academia. Basic, perhaps, but it's really good imo.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:02:07 )

@Aisukohi: I haven't watch the recent season yet cause I'm just waiting for the whole season to finish, I need to watch that soon ^^

It is! I became a fan too late like since last year lol xD I havent watch much anime these days.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:05:05 )

@grost: Ah I just watch that one recently it maybe be basic there's some who have never watched it yet TwT

I'll look into Castlevania I haven't look into this anime season yet

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:05:54 )
@purpdaburppurp: I only became a fan earlier this year because I was supposed to go to an anime convention with some of the voice actors for it with my sister (she's a huge fan). Sooo to prepare for the con, I started watching it with my fiance but we're only on season 2 so far.

I think the convention will be canceled or postponed, but we'll know for sure sometime this Monday.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:13:42 )

@Aisukohi: Awe such a sweet sister you are O(≧∇≦)O

But that sucks :/
Hopefully is not well at least you have plenty of time to watch it unless your not in a lockdown.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:17:34 )
@purpdaburppurp: Thanks lol. We tend to have similar tastes, and it's something I've been meaning to watch anyway even before I knew about the con, but that gave me the push to start it.

I'm actually okay if they cancel or postpone it. We're lucky that we haven't bought the tickets yet, or the lodgings, so no money lost yet. And there will always be other opportunities we can plan for, even if it's a different convention, different city.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:33:06 )

@Bioshock: The first one seems rather more interesting to me, I'm adding that on my anime list ^^

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:35:00 )

@Aisukohi: Ah same for me I heard good reviews of that anime among my friends and it took me a year later to watch it =w=
Ah that's good I asummed you got the tickets and everything cause that would suck x.x

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:40:44 )
@purpdaburppurp: Oh another good one that I just thought about was Durarara! I've been meaning to rewatch that one.

We're kinda last-minute planners as far as buying things, so it worked in our favor. Even still, I'm sure the venue would either refund tickets or make them valid for whatever date they decided to reschedule.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:46:26 )

@Aisukohi: Ah I forgot about that! And my brother reccomended that to me like ages ago xD

Ah I'm the same way =w=
I need to go to an anime convention soon too once this corona virus has settled down.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:59:11 )
@purpdaburppurp: I highly recommend that one for sure lol.

Saaame. It's been years since I've been to one, and of course now that I want to get more involved with them, this happens. xP

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 00:10:52 )

@Aisukohi: Sigh such bad timing right TwT
To be honest my brother did spoil me quite a few on that anime because he was being such a fan girl but I believe it got a few seasons too?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 00:13:22 )
@purpdaburppurp: Yeah like 2 or 3 if I remember correctly.

I remember back when I would rip through anime so quickly. Now it seems to take me ages to finish one series, even if it's not a huge one like Naruto (which I did finish that one lol).

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 00:30:05 )

@Aisukohi: Yeah same I used to watch like 3 or 4 animes per season and now I only watch one recently =w=;

Damn I read almost the entire manga for that one, I had crappy internet back then, I wasn't going through that buffing nightmare throughout the series xD Plus I was more of the Fairy tail fan before

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 00:35:54 )
@purpdaburppurp: There were times I was impatient for the new episodes of Naruto that I jumped to read the manga online lol. But now that it's done, I oddly have no desire to continue with Boruto.

Aaah, Fairy Tail! I still need to finish that one. I forget what season I'm in, but I think it's somewhere between 7 and 9? So not terribly behind, but I've got a fair bit of catching up to do.

I went to a con in Boise once where Todd Haberkorn (voice actor for Natsu) was there for a panel, and someone got him to say "FIRE DRAGON ROAR!!" and it was just magical and gave me goosebumps. *o*;;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 00:42:29 )

Ah I get what you mean is especially annoying when there's fillers for fairy tail tho. I was a diehard fan and read the manga and watched the anime. But then dropped it nearing the end of the anime =w=

Awe xD
Nothing like that happened on mines but I remember waiting in line for an hour with my friend in the scorching heat to enter inside (¬_¬)ノ

It was all worth it in the end ^^

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 01:06:11 )
@purpdaburppurp: I hardly read manga for anything really, so I don't pay attention to what's probably fillers vs. plot. Some is obvious, but others I guess I don't care enough to skip through it lol.

Glad it was worth it! And at least it was only an hour!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 01:18:38 )

What genre are you looking for?
Off the top of my head I would say watch
Monthly Girl’s Nozaki-kun (it’s about anime about making fun of romance)

FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood (it’s a masterpiece. Start with ep2)

Cardcaptor Sakura (light hearted magical girl show that is for all ages with likable characters)

+1 for Soul Eater, My Hero and Iruma-kun

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.