Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Online clothing stores

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 06:14:08 )

Not sure if I've asked about this on here before, but I'm on the lookout for clothing and cheap store recommendations xD
The only sites I trust so far that aren't expensive (typically) are amazon and yesstyle. The latter tending to have better quality for cheap I love them.

Do you online shop for clothes?
What sites do you use?
And how do you measure feet? I need boots

Style doesn't matter, I also like to just make a discussion out of everything. It's fun to see what you like too c:

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 06:58:16 )
i've only just recently gotten into buying stuff online. lol. I'm a bit picky with my purchases. It's gotta be something I love or else it's not worth it. Fairy kei, decora, punk goth stuff. Original artists' work is preferred. :3

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 07:00:20 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Oh good lord sizing for feet is a shitshow
US women's I'm an 11
US men's I'm 8.5 wide
My tabi and geta I got at Epcot Japan are size LL
Best bet will be to go to a shoe store and get your feet measured

I've gotten a few things online, I think most to all were from Amazon
The blue dress was chancy, because it shipped from China. The rest from around the States

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 07:05:38 )

@shark:
I'm really finicky too. I like a lot of things but then I'm like... but do I like them enough to spend money xD
And I also get too timid to wear some things I like cause I hate receiving attention on it, even if its positive. But I also hate dressing like a slob
kdgs

@kitalpha hart:
In US sizes, I can go from 6 to 8.5 just in women's, cause that's how drastically they change per shoe company. It's absolutely ridiculous and why I have no idea how people make online shoe shopping work out lol
I know how to slap a ruler on my foot but I don't know how to wrap my noggin around the sizing charts. Can't we all just go by inches and centimeters?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 08:09:23 )
I don't really like spending money on things, I like to buy experiences or thrift store finds. However, I have a list of online shops you should NEVER buy at. I've found sosososo many "dropship" websites online that are unnecessarily popular and basically scamming people out of their money.

• Youvimi
  • Aesthetic Thrillz
  • Aleeby
  • Alien Mood
  • All Things Gothic
  • Andester
  • Anibiu
  • Axcid Shop
  • Black Milk Clothing
  • Blurry Clothing
  • Boogzel Apparel
  • Cutie Kill
  • Dark Mirror
  • Harajuku & Kawaii/Fashion Cute Kawaii
  • Harajuku Basics
  • Harajuku Fashion Shop
  • itGirlShop
  • Ivy by Crafts
  • Juv Kawaii
  • Juwas
  • K-Waii
  • Kawaii Babe Shop
  • Kawaii Bottles
  • Kawaii Fashion Co
  • Kawaii Mori Store
  • Kawaii Tee Shop
  • Kawaii Therapy
  • Kiniyo
  • Kiss Me Bang Bang
  • Kosmo Shop
  • Kutie Crafts
  • Little Kawaii Store/Shoes
  • Lucky Peach Co
  • Mochipan
  • Normcore Studios
  • Nothing Back Here
  • Onyx Bunny
  • Pastel Love Store
  • Penny Craft Studio
  • Rags n Rituals
  • Rock n Doll
  • Sanrense
  • Shop Cheeky
  • Sleepy Eden
  • Soaesthetic/Aesthentials
  • Sour Puff Shop
  • Spreepicky
  • Store Dog Dog
  • Syndrome Store
  • The Gothic Shop
  • The Kawaii Factory/Store
  • Tokyo Dreams Kawaii
  • Unzzy Store
  • Uoobox
  • Yihfoo Store
  • Yoh
  • Youvimi (This one is SUPER popular please please stay away from them)

Basically what "dropshipping" is buying a whole bunch of wholesale items from China and reselling them all for profit. Sometimes this results in the same exact outfit from the original producers costing tens to hundreds more on the resell site. Overall try to be careful with instagram shops, there are both really legit stores and very ingenuine stores

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 09:39:23 )

@grost: thank you the info. I also like to shop at thrift stores or consignment stores.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 10:36:55 )
I just trust Amazon tbh. Our neighbour always buythings from h&m online nur iam Not sure if you have those in us!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 12:40:16 )
Rainbow is absurdly cheap online, but there's some questions about how ethical fast fashion is...

Good luck buying shoes, I don't think I've ever bought them online because they vary so much. At least with clothes, you can get measurements in inches, but shoes are just... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 17:51:37 )

@grost:
Oh, thank you for that list! I already have a few "do not buy from" websites in mind. They pop up on my fb ads all the time, like Dresslily, Shein, and Wish. Reviews all suggest they're very hit-or-miss. Mostly a miss lol

I prefer paying for experiences too--probably where most of my money has gone for the last several years. But I like buying a new apparel item every so often xD replacing my old worn out clothing.

@miss sandman:
I think we have h&m? I'm not too sure xd
Weren't they more of an expensive store though?

@runner available:
Rainbow has some good reviews too, thank you c:
Seems like a good one to add to my list~

Haha yeah I ended up risking it and buying these on amazon

free returns so, figured it could be worth a try ;v;
Shoe stores where I live are plenty but they don't carry hardly any boots? The boots they do carry always have huge ass heels.. xd
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 18:11:52 )
these are some of my favorite online shops:

killstar
dollskill
valfre
minga london
alien moe
deadndri
lazy oaf
sorcere
morph8ne
unique vintage
neon talk
uniqlo

i also buy online from these mall stores:
american eagle/aerie
zara
garage
anthropologie
francesca's

the only place i'll buy shoes from is aldo and i always always ALWAYS go into the store.

i pull my style from a large range of places so i hope you can find something you like from my suggestions!
bolded = stores i use the most

hello again

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 18:44:28 )
I can't believe I forgot about Shein!! It looks so much more different from other dropship sites so people overlook any possibility that the shop sells wholesale products that they didn't have a hand in creating. I thought it was an original store at first until I started intensely sleuthing different dropship sites to find fakes. Seriously, if you are ever suspicious of sites like that, feel free to message or ping me :)

On a lighter note, Kokopie is a legit shop, I follow the designer on instagram so I can see product designs before they're actually released (tbh forgot their name but they are a very skilled designer)

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 18:57:33 )
@Jolly: i think it isnt that expensive though. I always think its a Bit trashy but my neighbour loves it
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 18:57:51 )
I used to love shopping at zigzagstripe. They had good deals and the clothes were good for work, but lately, they've gotten more and more expensive. boooooo

I buy from Old Navy pretty often online- I love their pants for work.

and I buy from LuLaRoe sellers that are selling their inventory for cheap. They may be styles from years past or hard to sell prints, or the seller is just trying to get rid of it all. I used to make fun of LLR so much and I still think a lot of it is tacky, but there are 2 styles that I love for work and if I find a print for cheap that I like, then it's a win-win. I love the "Amelia Dress" and the "Madison Skirt". If I can get a dress brand new with tags for $5 shipped when it was originally $65 just because it's a few years old? fine by me! and both styles have POCKETS.

edited to add-
I buy my shoes from crocs. I love their flats- not those weird, hole-filled, potato monstrosities. The flats are super comfortable and easy on my feet because I'm standing the majority of the day.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 19:58:18 )

I know lots of young adults now buy from fashionnova. However I find their clothes to be pretty trashy.
There is also boohoo. Can't say anything about the quality. Then there's prettylittlething and nastygal.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 20:07:44 )

@grost: Do you know anything about the ones I mentioned?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 20:27:45 )
I'm a bigger person so I order from WomanWithin or KingSize(I know, king size is mainly for guys, but I love some of their tshirt and hoodies... I got an awesome Supermario and Luigi hoodie, and cookie monster pajamas whereas Woman Within is more flowery? but I do get some nice basic stuff from them.)

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 21:29:53 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I haven't yet but anything online yet but modcloth is my go-to store to look at their stuff online
and what they have to offer.
I also like Unique vintage but both can be a little on the pricey side. :vanora_sweat:
A have several things from both online stores I very much want to buy.
Most of it though is work orientated clothes.
Except for Killstar. The inner goth in me says to just go nuts with that store.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 22:05:51 )
@vengeance: From my very quick and rushed sleuthing:

Boohoo is pretty sus since their clothes are so cheap, the amount of items for sale is insane, and I recognize a few items that set off red alarms, steer clear

I immediately recognized a couple pieces on the front page alone of Fashionnova. There's a few tops I recognize and are also in Boohoo's catalog. FN's catalog is also suspiciously large. Granted, I wouldn't recommend this even if it was original content because, as you said, it's all pretty trashy.

Prettylittlething is immediately screwed. I recognized a few things on the front, again. And HOLY HECK this catalog is more insane than the others. On the tops category alone there are almost SIX THOUSAND products. Also more shared items with the other two.

Nasty Gal, I'm not sure of. They have a limited selection, so we're clear there. But the clothes are so generic I wouldn't recommend. They have licensed items with questionable permissions.

Hope this helps :)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.