Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Krita users: tips?

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 08:23:57 )

So I lost my old computer, and Sai along with it. RIP but I'm not about to pay for Sai again when there are so many free programs I haven't even tried. Long story short, I have Krita now and it's all strange and confusing to me.
Stuff I would particularly like to know is how to create a keyboard shortcut to undo my last brush stroke, how to clear a layer without deleting it, and how to make best use of the various stabilizing options.
But any tips, tricks, or basic explanations would be very helpful.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 08:55:31 )
I'll follow along in this thread. I have krita but I never use it :d

e
and after love and loss and all the tears that I cried, I find that here we are in the future

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 13:27:48 )

i haven't used krita but doesn't can't SAI licenses be transferred especially for cases like this? :o

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 14:39:25 )
I clear my layers by just using a massive eraser lol. Tbh I only use Krita on my tablet because Photoshop's UI doesn't change with the resolution of my Surface Pro, so it's tiny and hard to read. :(

Krita is great for painting though, I hope you get comfier with it, it's great free software.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 17:31:06 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Count Trashula: Something similar happened to me. If you still have access to the e-mail you used to purchase SAI, find the activation code they sent you. I believe you can use it on up to 3 devices. :3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 17:46:42 )

@Tsundererra: That was what I was betting on. Unfortunately, it was a very old email address and I am completely locked out of it because the backup email it wants to send a verification code to doesn't even exist any more.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 17:51:17 )

@pachi: Yes, but I had the code saved to an email address i no longer have access to. :^(

@Runner Available: that sounds annoying.. I like what I've seen of krita so far though, aside from missing my shortcuts from sai.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 20:34:11 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Count Trashula: Ahhhh, I’m so sorry about that! T__T I’ve heard great things about Krita, but I’ve personally never used it.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.