Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My bathroom is getting remodeled

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 21:47:40 )

And my condo only has one bathroom. I want to go to the gym to shower but some of the guys are working on it right now so I can’t really leave.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 21:48:05 )

Also I haven’t had a shower in my house nice last week.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 22:19:48 )

O wow hope you get to shower soon.

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 22:30:32 )
technically you could leave, but i definitely wouldn't run out for too long. but you totally could squeeze in a shower at the gym.

few years back my dad was remodeling the bathroom in my house, and dads work slow. he ripped up the floor and found the wood underneath was rotting. had to reframe the floor around the toilet and i didn't have a working toilet in my house for like 3 days. had to pee in the tub and poop at work LOL

hello again

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 22:40:30 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Oh wow, I can’t believe your bathroom still isn’t finished. D:

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 22:59:12 )

@Tsundererra: this is only step 2, and we have to wait until Thursday anyway because that’s when the city has to take a look and make sure it’s up to code.
@vengeance: Thank you!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 23:01:03 )

@kegs: RIP that sucks. I’m glad your made it through. I once went just over 24 hours without a working toilet during the weekend. It was tough.
I can’t quickly go to the gym and back because my husband’s gym (that’s at his work) is about 20 mins away, so 20 there, plus maybe 20 mins to shower, and get dressed again and then 20 mins back is kinda long to leave the guy working on our bathroom.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/2 23:45:44 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh no, showers are important, yes. :0
I need to find a good gym around here...

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 00:05:18 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I didn’t know you had to get your bathroom checked to make sure it’s following codes. It’s a good thing, but oooof, I didn’t know it would add on to the process like that.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 05:16:28 )

@djinn: I have been cleaned!
@Tsundererra: Yeah :( And are bathroom wasn't up to code either, so they had to add a lot of newer electrical wiring, outlets and lights.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 05:30:59 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Bah, does that mean you have to pay for the newer electrical wiring, outlets, and lights? I feel like the apartment should cover that since they’re at fault for not being up to standard. x__x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 05:41:21 )

@Tsundererra: Yeah, it's apart of the cost that I already knew I had to pay. I bought the house knowing it wasn't up to date. I did get 10k off the price of the condo when I bought it, but I didn't know that everything was this out of date.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 23:04:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Hurrah! Sounds like a hassle though. I have to take my bike to the shop during the coldest week yet -__-

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 23:06:01 )

@djinn: it’s a huge hassle. I can’t wait until my bathroom is finished!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 23:11:42 )
@Totalanimefan: I bet. How much longer?
Buying/drawing art for: Showstopper, Bouncer, Yes Dark Master

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 23:13:16 )

Oooof remodeling is the worst. I still get anxious when I walk into a hardware store. I hope they finish soon.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/4 02:37:38 )

@djinn: Probably at least two weeks. It depends on how behind the city is on doing the inspections. It's about a weeks worth of labor though. The contractor said it could be up to 5 weeks. It's been 1 week so far.
@Priestess of Pie: Do you have experience with this? I hope they finish soon as well.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/4 03:15:56 )

@Totalanimefan: In the last house I lived in we remodeled the bathroom ourselves and it was a nightmare. To be fair that house needed a lot more work and we did not have a lot of money to get it fixed so we were kinda short on options. Contractors will do a better job and faster for nearly the same amount (once you calculate time missed from work, mistakes, etc.)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/4 06:15:35 )

@Priestess of Pie: Oh gosh that sounds like a nightmare. I don’t think we could have done that even though it saves so much money because our bathroom is super not up to code for a ton of reasons, so we would’ve had to do that anyway.
How long did it take you guys in the end? Was it your only bathroom?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/4 16:03:58 )

@Totalanimefan: It was the larger of the two bathrooms, but we did have another one thankfully. If I had to live in a house with no shower I'd probably go stay with my parents for a while lol.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.