Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Get In the Solstice Spirit: Community Goals

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:08:26 )
@Tsundererra: normally mine are super short, since I make ceramics and even short nails will scratch the clay and leave annoying marks

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:08:33 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@athabm: I joined in June, and I’m still trying to familiarize myself with the characters and the story. I wish there was a character database to help us out. T~T

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:09:04 )
@Tsundererra: same, a database of the lore would be so nice, but I'm sure it's in the works

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:10:09 )
I guess I let my nails grow out because my last show of 2019 was the 7/8 of December, so I've been taking a break from ceramics making to do holiday things and plan for the new year

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:10:47 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@athabm: Oh man, working with long nails in any art medium is annoying. I was never skilled with clay so I expected those nail marks (and other accidental marks), but I could not stand the clay that goes under the nails. Same for oil paint. D’x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:11:49 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@athabm: They said it was in the works, and tbh, it’s not something we immediately need. I’m just trying to feel the characters from current and past events.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:12:11 )
@Tsundererra: I don't mind getting dirty from art, but it's so annoying when I've thrown a cup on the wheel, made the surface super smooth and then go to lift it off the wheel and make little gouges all over

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:12:57 )
@Tsundererra: I felt a bit lost, and sometimes still do, but I figure the more I stick around on Voltra, the more I'll learn about the world

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:13:19 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@athabm: Do you work with clay professionally? :3 It sounds like you work with it quite a bit on the daily.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:14:21 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I usually ask older members or even staff about some of the NPCs, and they’re friendly enough to answer if they can. Though there are some chars I don’t understand... like Panthalassa. D:

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:15:24 )
@Tsundererra: well, professionally in the sense that I make ceramic pieces to sell. I don't have a 'day job' because I was very ill for a long time, and still am recovering - it's hard for me to sustain activity needed for regular jobs. I'm working on building my art business up instead, so I can determine my hours as I'm able to work

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:17:50 )
@Tsundererra: it's good that the staff here is so friendly. I think Panthalassa is the solstice spirit, sort of like Father Christmas. I like that it's named after the ocean during the time of Pangea, and after one of my favorite Miles Davis albums

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:19:28 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@athabm: It definitely sounds like you do it professionally then. It sounds awesome that you make stuff to sell.
I used to work from home selling digital art commissions, and I kinda miss it. Desk jobs pay better, but it’s just repetitive and boring after a while. ):

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:20:22 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@athabm: See, that’s what it sounds like from the one memory I read... but have you seen what panthalassa looks like? It looks like a horror monster. D’x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:22:42 )
@Tsundererra: I think maybe the aesthetics of Voltra are a bit....off from 'normal' and maybe it's a creature that is good to those who are good, and horrifying to those who are horrible?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:24:22 )
@Tsundererra: I hear you on desk jobs getting stale. I don't miss working tedious jobs for other people, even if I was able to do so

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:30:11 )
Ooh, I finally got some Solstice socks. Gonna go try them out

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:39:11 )

There is a nother reason i haven't been posting. I've had that anti social bug. Social overwhelmedness? Idk what to call it...

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:51:54 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Astrologer x3 | Capricorn | Scorpio

athabm:
@star2000shadow: Ah, the cat alarm clock. They really know how to step on the worst places

i KNOW right especially cause i was deep asleep..i woke up and moved slowly cause my body was reluctant to wake up but well im upnow haha.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 07:54:02 )
@Shadami: understandable, I hope you're not pushing yourself too hard

@star2000shadow: cat says it's time to be awake, lol. they nap all day so i guess being up at night isn't a big deal

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.