Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/30 04:17:25 )
@Wildfire: At the moment, I'm not looking for an accountability partner. I'm often really low on energy, since I'm slowly recovering from a very long illness, and it's not always possible for me to get everything done as steadily as I like, so it's hard for me to do accountability stuff right now.

I guess it sounds like I'm laid back from the outside, but I do wish I could convince my brain to relax more easily when I run into obstacles, like needing frequent naps, in reaching my goals. That said, this year is much better than last year, and I'm looking forward to seeing what new good stuff comes in 2020.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/30 12:56:42 )
@athabm: Ok. I just wanted to ask. I understand about the long illness taking it's toll and taking some real time to recuperate from - it really stinks! As long as you know what you need to do to continue healing and meeting your (other) goals, it's all good and I wish you the best of luck!

Are you doing anything on New Year's Eve?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/30 18:41:05 )
New Year's Eve is tomorrow!

Who has plans?

My family and I are catching an early dinner, then heading out to hear a performance by the local orchestra. We'll probably then come home and watch the ball drop on TV or watch a movie. Relaxed? Yes!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 02:58:13 )
@Wildfire:
I think I'm going over to a friend's house and hanging out. I bought some sparklers, because I always liked them when I was a kid.

Are you doing anything for NYE?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 03:02:11 )
@athabm: We are taking an early, relaxed and low-key approach to ringing in the new year... early dinner followed by an orchestral performance.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 03:23:06 )

Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
What are you doing?
The plan is to be with family and my husbands brothers side of the family. Have a dinner together and hang around the fire place.
Drink ponche [hot fruit tea with fruit inside yum] and let the children run wild and have fun together. Snuggle with my love and watch the flames flicker. I may doodle while everyone chit chats.

Do you participate in setting New Year Resolutions?
Do you do resolutions only at the new year, or during other times of the year?
If so, what do you hope to do, accomplish, or change in the new year 2020?
I don't really set a new years resolution. I'm always setting goals for myself throughout the year.
But for this year 2020 I do wish to start the new year by leaving past attachments behind.
No more feeling sad for my past. Letting go of what I cannot control.

Did you make resolutions for 2019?
How did your resolutions go?
Did you keep them?
Did you learn anything from the process of making-trying-keeping/not keeping your resolutions?
If you don't do the resolution thing, is there any particular reason why?
My yearly goals were met for 2019. I keep a planner/journal/goal list. I keep track of what needs to get done. I will make sure to buy me a 2020 planner again.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 06:08:37 )

Working for most of the day. Probably gonna just chill with my friends and pop a bubbly!

Resolutions... Definitely continue on my diet (original) and I'm wanting to get myself to really start looking for a career in my degree. Wanna be more productive and get paid more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 08:40:37 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Astrologer x3 | Capricorn | Scorpio

'pokes head in sleepily' hello 'waves'

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 21:30:46 )
So it has now been a week and a half since the new year's turn!

Who has kept their resolutions?
If you have, congratulations!
If you haven't, what happened? Are you planning to start again, perhaps at mid-month or even Feb.1st?

Are you enjoying the new year so far?

Has anything changed for you since Jan. 1st?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/12 01:42:00 )
TSUN ★ TSUN ★ TSUN (≖︿≖✿)

Omg, I totally forgot about making a resolution. xD But it’s fine since I’ve never been able to keep up with any I’ve ever made...
Just trying to live in the moment without making promises I guess. :3

(✿ ♡‿♡) DERE ★ DERE ★ DERE

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 04:39:25 )
I've mostly been finally watching cartoons I'd been saying I'd watch for years, so that's not so much a resolution for the new year as much as tying up loose ends. I haven't been as productive on getting ready for vending at festivals later in the spring, but I have been cleaning and organizing stuff that I'd been avoiding.

@Tsundererra: Living in the moment is a good way to do things. It's easy to get caught up in the past or future.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 04:42:55 )

@athabm: That’s my main reason for focusing on the now. The future in particular has me anxious, so I’m trying not to get hung up on it. x__x

Cleaning is also a good way to start the year, and tbh, I need to do it too. xD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 06:40:03 )
@Tsundererra: I hear you on the anxiety. I've been working to consciously spend time thinking about the world in ways that make me feel less anxious, and focusing on now rather than the past or future is a big part of it.

Cleaning almost always helps me feel better and more inspired to do create work. I hope you find time to do some cleaning, too

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 15:53:49 )
@Tsundererra:
@athabm:

wow - you two seem to be in about the same place as I am ... cleaning is a good way to start a new year (or any new endeavor), focusing on the moment is really the only way to live (since it's the only one that really exists), and I haven't had a chance to set up any real goals or anything yet either - things have just been too busy!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 22:50:32 )
@Wildfire: Exactly what you said. I think that as people get older, they come to realize these things more and more clearly, as long as they aren't trying to run away from the truth of how stuff works.

Today I have to go make a deposit at my bank, and then I want to try to make some miniature succulents for a tiny terrarium I've been thinking about making for a while, but haven't actually done much with. I couldn't remember where I put the clay I wanted to use until I found it last night. I really want to finally make some display rooms for my dolls this year, and good props to make them seem homey and real are where I've decided to start

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 23:03:27 )

@athabm:
@Wildfire:
Yuuuuup, you both understand where I’m at. I think at some point in life you realize that focusing on the things you can do now is the best thing you can do.

Man, I just got home from work and I was planning on cleaning, but ooooof. Not in the mood for it right now. Regretting not cleaning as much over the weekend.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 23:16:40 )
@Tsundererra: If you're tired, then it's best to do what will restore your mental, emotional, and physical health rather than pushing yourself.

I'm pretty sure that how I got so ill for so long was pushing too much, because I thought that's what I needed to do. I still struggle with feeling guilty over not doing enough, even though a lot of times I physically can't do more

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 23:23:51 )

@athabm: I got sick by pushing myself like that a couple of years ago, but that was just the work culture of my last job. A lot of times I don’t know what to do to refresh myself, so I just sit in silence for a bit with my eyes closed.
What do you do to unwind after a long day?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 02:05:59 )
@Tsundererra: Yeah, work was a big part of it, and there wasn't really room for me to say 'no' even when I wanted to.

I like to chat with friends or read or watch youtube to unwind

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 02:09:24 )

@athabm: I was in a similar position. It really is unhealthy to be in work situations like that, but there’s not really much you can do if it provides for your livelihood. x__x

I just chatted with friends and spent my time on Reddit. Guess that’s how I unwind. xD
Did you get to start on your new succulent?

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.