Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 04:34:56 )
I just today learned about this place and so far it seems pretty neat. Of course since I'm new I don't know a whole lot about how this place operates. What are the ways to get better items that aren't in the store, is there a marketplace of some sorts like on Gaia Online? How do you earn volts? Is there any other basic info I'd need to start out? Thank you!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 04:37:14 )
Also if someone could explain some basic Voltra lingo that would be really helpful :)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 04:50:39 )
Hey there! Welcome to Voltra~

There is not a formal marketplace like gaia, but our exchange forum is very active.

Here is a really great newbie guide that should answer any questions. If you come across something that you still have a question about, everyone here is really friendly and can point you in the right direction.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 04:51:28 )
@grost: forgot to ping you! so PING.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:11:43 )

Hi and welcome to voltra. You earn volts by posting. You should check out the arcade there are a lot of fun threads <3

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:26:05 )
@grost: hey there welcome to voltra! ^_^
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:35:09 )
@mousy: Thank you for the thread link, I will definitely check it out!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:43:09 )

@grost: hey grost, welcome to voltra :) I'm pretty new here too, from gaia but i love it so far. hope you do too!
for now we have to use the exchange to sell items. there you'll find a price guide so generally most people price their items off that. i believe there is a marketplace feature planned for the future.

you mostly earn volts by posting. each subforum has a cap on how many you can make per post. 2 characters=1 volt. you can also sell items to other players for volts.

recently we had a jigsaw game running for the Halloween event and that was pretty fun. i do hope they bring it back soon, as it will eventually have volts for rewards. for now, just posting it looks like. winter solstice event should be starting soon so there will likely be more items :)

anywho, sorry for rambling. hope that helped a little.

banner by Ruby ❤️

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 06:58:27 )

@grost: hi welcome to Voltra. We are smaller than Gaia but growing. We have an exchange instead of an MP. Almost all of our items are easy to get and don’t cost that much.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 15:56:47 )
@grost: Welcome :)
Really digging the avatar already, man. Great colors, pose, and expression. Hope you enjoy it here!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 16:54:57 )
@McMoney: Thanks man! I'm enjoying this place a lot, very welcoming community :)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 17:11:56 )
@grost: Right? That's what stood out to me a lot. Not usually into avi sites at all, but this one's cute. Been loving how friendly everyone is, even for a real small community

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 17:17:09 )
@McMoney: The community and the style of the avi stuff are definitely gonna keep me here a long time

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 17:20:57 )
@grost: Glad to hear it!
I feel it, though. Some real fun stuff to mix and match as far as styles go. Plus, I've never seen anything where forum posts give ya cash. Not usually a talker but damn, that's a good reward just for socializing lol

Voltie — they/he/it Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 03:22:26 )
welcome! i'm also a recent gaia transfer and i really like it here so i hope you will too ^_^ don't be a stranger, everyone here is really nice and welcoming! and the conversation is lovely ;p

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 23:58:12 )

@grost: welcome! We are happy to have you joining us!!

You had s lot of questions to start with, did the newbie guide answer them, or do you still have questions?

Ps, most of the lingo is electricity themed because the site is, so it can take a little while to get used to the words.

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 23:22:58 )
@Lina: Yes the guide was very helpful! And after going around the forums a little bit I think I'm starting to get an understanding of the lingo. My only question is what was "the blackout"? I see a lot about it around the site but can't actually figure out what it was

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.