Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2020 Gotta Love the Lockdown Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:30:58 )

@unicorn: we had to file for unemployment here...and there's still no word on when we're gonna get it :/

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:43:13 )
@Amakai: unemployment, has been messing with a lot of people lately. My kids daddy was to be getting money from them, and so far nothing so far.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 01:03:43 )
@Tsundererra: It's a Nikon D3000, so older, but still essentially new. I have an old film Cannon too. Right now, I'm just trying to get reacquainted - it has been far too long since I've played with either camera!! The photos will sort themselves out once I get past this initial learning curve (again).

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 01:09:15 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: Oooh, that’s still pretty nice. ^^ I hope you have fun relearning everything. The one good thing about all this is that now a lot of us have so much time to learn stuffs.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 01:12:34 )
@Tsundererra: This is very true. I admit, part of me really hates everything that's going on, but part of me is really enjoying the time to just "be" without running around everywhere too!! How about you - what are you doing? Are you learning or doing anything fun or interesting or new (or old)?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 01:19:08 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: I feel the same! I was always too tired after work to do anything, but now I’m playing all the games I’ve bought but haven’t had the time to play yet. I’ve also ordered some Korean textbooks and see if I can teach myself that, and I’m learning how to knit from YouTube vids. I wish I could play around with cooking more, but some ingredients are so scarce now, like flour.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 01:25:53 )
@Tsundererra: There is at least one Korean language course being offered through Coursera, I think... or maybe it's edx.org...Free...
And yes, I know what you mean about scarce ingredients for cooking :(

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 05:11:03 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: Oooh, I actually didn’t think to look for language courses on there. I’ll take a look and see if they have free ones. :)
What food ingredients are you struggling with finding in your area? Mine was meat for the first week, then certain vegetables (green peppers and potatoes), now it’s flour and yeast.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 13:32:33 )
@Tsundererra: It's about the same here in terms of ingredients. It's weird. Do check the sites for language courses! With all the stuff going on right now, a lot of normally paid resources are free and it's a good opportunity to take advantage of them! Let me know what you find.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 18:36:45 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: I actually applied to one class on coursera this morning. :D The teacher is affiliated with a prestigious university in Korea. I hope it’s nothing too hard. x__x
But you’re right, there’s a lot of stuff going on now that’s for free that usually wouldn’t be.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 19:40:08 )
@Tsundererra: Oh good for you! And good luck with the class!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 20:04:23 )
Amakai:
What all is keeping you busy in this time? Are you with people you care about?

Yes I am home; my teenage sons are with me. We are doing video games, online classes, etc., and I have an assortment of "communal" games sitting on the dining room table - things like Jenga, and a puzzle, Scrabble tiles - so whenever one of us goes by and wants a small diversion (or a larger one), we'll just pop out a block from the Jenga tower, fit a few pieces in to the puzzle, flip over a couple Scrabble tiles and see if we can add it to the growing structure of words. We're not keeping score; just kinda playing. It's helping.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 21:13:14 )

@wildfire: that's fun xD it's just me and my mom here and she spends most of it writing so I have to keep myself entertained for the most part.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 21:27:47 )
@Amakai: I'm guessing your mom is an author, then? So what are you doing to keep yourself entertained?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 08:19:16 )

@wildfire: yea she is though she only published things recently. I've mainly been doing stuff around the house, writing with a friend, playing some animal crossing and deal with pets xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 12:33:43 )
@Amakai: Well good for your mom! And it sounds like you're doing ok to keep yourself busy - pets can take a lot of time and care just all by themselves. You know that there are all kinds of free classes and resources available right now if you're bored or looking for something else to do with your time, right?
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 00:33:26 )

Yea I know there are xD I'm not interested in going back to school lol

Just a fangirl living in FFXV hell
Multi-shipper shipping: Ignoct & Gladnoct

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.