Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat tfw sketch looked better

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:22:18 )

fellow artists please come commiserate with me as i struggle to get the lineart to not look like a heap of trash compared to the sketch 😂😂😂😂😂😂

my sketches are usually pretty clean too so i'm always like 🤔 should i just clean it up???

art struggles™

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:26:00 )

@pachi: Tell me about it! I finished a sketch recently that took me hours to get done, and after I finished, I was scared of doing the lineart. @__@

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:28:19 )

@DevilkinBoi: screeches i relate 100%

but then there are also those rare days where everything just seems to go right but they don't last too long {screams

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:30:06 )
Bruh, i don't even bother with lineart anymore. I sketch something out and I just go to town with the colors if that's where i wanna take it next.

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:31:35 )
oof this is a CONSTANT struggle xD I feel like I ruin everything I try to line. I always feel like the sketch is more 'authentic' and then when I do the lines they make it..... >:| idk the word but i dont like it. But my sketches aren't always clean enough to just color so, like I said, it's a constant struggle
im basically a senior citizen in his 20's just trying to look cool

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:38:18 )

@pachi: Still went ahead and did the lineart, which turned out okay. x'D Still, my hands were in such pain afterwards.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:40:37 )

@Bou: i do that when i'm lazy but i'm also terrible without lineart (usually) |D

@Faenoire: the sketch is usually more loose and dynamic and i'm just like |D rigid lines... oop

@DevilkinBoi: ooooof rip your hands

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:43:24 )
@pachi:
lmao, i'm lazy all the time. plus i feel alright enough with my sketches that im like, 'ye, good enough'.
i feel like with the way i color things, you can't really tell anyway so it's whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:55:05 )
@pachi:

clean art AND proper anatomy placement has been my eternal struggle.

im with you camaraderie. -thumbs up-
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 13:41:39 )

omfdhjgh the number of times where i'm like 'aight the anatomy seems ok in the sketch' and then i end up adjusting it in the final...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.