Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Doubletree Hotels Reveals Cookie Recipe

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 01:35:15 )

@Castiel: Yeah either way eww. And those were snacks that were supposed to be good for me XD

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 01:50:28 )

"These make me very happy..."

@Totalanimefan: Ugh. I hope that if you order again in the future,your stuff won't arrive all yucky!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 01:52:55 )

@Castiel: I hope so too. I did get my money back at least.

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 01:54:13 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh,good! I wonder if maybe you could go through a different vendor/site? Their stuff might be fresher and hopefully you wouldn't have to wait so long!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 02:00:24 )

@Castiel: True true I should try that.

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 02:28:00 )

@Totalanimefan: Good luck! I wouldn't know what vendor to suggest,but I hope you find a good one.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 02:49:22 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Omg, those cookies are good, but damn, I didn’t know they used a half pound of butter to make a batch. xD
I’m making English scones with butterscotch chips and clotted cream. uwu

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 03:20:34 )

@Castiel: Thanks. I'll try instacart.

@Tsundererra: That's why their cookies are so oily. I would cut down on the butter.
Martin loves making scones. He hasn't in a while though. We are low on flour and I need it for banana bread

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 03:22:27 )

@Totalanimefan: You're welcome! I hope it works out better for you!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 03:23:56 )

@Castiel: What should I put in my cart?

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 03:41:24 )

@Totalanimefan: Fruits,veggies,dairy,meats (unless you're vegetarian),maybe some soups/pastas/sauces?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 04:13:45 )

@Castiel: Good idea. Although I can't normally have premade soups since they have onions in them and I can't eat onions. But the rest I will look for and see if it's in stock.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 16:48:29 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I’m going to use one of those butter substitute sticks made from olive oil just to be healthy when I make those cookies. Also, I’m glad I randomly bought flour before this whole crisis happened. I still can’t find flour or yeast in my stores.
I bet Martin’s scones taste awesome! The recipe I’m following has a high rating online, but I don’t think it’s authentic. )x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 19:23:23 )

@Tsundererra: real British scones are almost like American biscuits but a little different and sweeter. And he said that brits never out then into triangles. Just round.
Good that you got a good oil. I use heart healthy oils instead too.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 19:56:34 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Ohhh, then mine are closer to the British scones for sure. I just wasn’t sure since there was a British expat who posted in the comments of the recipe saying they don’t use eggs and use whole milk or something, and this recipe uses an egg and heavy cream. I used the cream to make clotted cream, and the milk underneath for my scones because I’m cheap. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:07:35 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Omg my scones just finished and I realized I didn’t put the egg/milk wash over them so they’re white on the outside. ToT They still taste gooooood.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:13:16 )

@Tsundererra: TMF doesn't do an egg wash/milk wash on top. He's recipe isn't fancy though.
Flour, Butter, Milk, Salt, Sugar and I think that's it in his recipe.

You can normally trust BBC recipes.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:25:47 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Oooh, I’ll check that out. I tried the recipe in the NYT because it had so many five star reviews and didn’t look like the American triangle scones like all the other recipes. It’s cake flour (I used all purpose flour with corn starch because I didn’t have any), cold olive oil butter, whole milk, sugar, salt, and an egg. It came out really fluffy and nice though. I also added butterscotch chips, and they were sooooo good!

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:43:05 )

@Tsundererra: Sounds good though. British Scones are a big dense since they don't have an egg in them. With an egg you could probably eat more at a time. XD

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 22:08:14 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Oooh, makes sense. I like the light fluffy texture the eggs gave my batch. I do want to try to make it without the egg at least once though.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.