Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Anyone here live in/are from Texas? Questions!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 22:31:50 )

@totalanimefan:
Huh, interesting! I'll ask my aunt if she knows much about that area. She lives in Minneola so might not know anything, but she has done her fair share of scouting cities to find a safe home for her kid.

Yeah exactly. I haven't driven there myself yet since I wasn't practicing yet at the time. But I remember how it'd take so long to get into Houston just because of the traffic. Even though Missouri City is practically on the border so it isn't far at all lol
I'm sure Austin and San Antonio are probably also pains to drive through, but the population I think is a bit smaller? And I'm enticed to try somewhere I haven't been before, and I've never even visited this places yet.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 22:41:34 )

@Jolly: I haven't lived in San Antonio, just driven through but the traffic is worst there than Austin and it's much drier. because it's further west.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 23:00:58 )

@totalanimefan:
I see! Maybe there's more work bringing people to san antonio? It's good to consider for someone like me who isn't the biggest fan of driving in general. That is part of why I aim for suburbs, also for cheaper living.
That's kind of why College Station stood out to me so much. The cheap living prices caught my eye, but when I studied the layout of it, it looks like a really easy place for me to drive around in. It also has all the resources I need so I shouldn't have to travel far if I got a job in that city. Highway 6 runs through it but I can avoid it mostly for everything I can think of needing.

Cheaper living brings more crimes, though. College Station's statistics are still rated "safer" than my current city, but not by a lot.
I wonder how reliable these stats are too

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 00:47:04 )

@Jolly: Seem like college station could be good. Would it be possible to get around there without a car? Like walking, biking or the bus?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 01:28:09 )

@totalanimefan:
I did a street view thing on google maps to check out college station a little closer. I found a load of cheap studio apartments there so I dropped the map in those areas and wandered around to see what's there. Distance-wise, there would be a LOT that I could walk to compared to where I live currently, no matter which apartment complex I hypothetically end up.
If the crime is more or less the same as here, then as long as I walk during daylight and avoid dodgy-feeling spots, I should be fine. But I'd definitely rely on my car first haha

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 02:05:28 )

@Jolly: sounds good to me

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.