Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Give me some suggestions!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 21:25:56 )
So... It's been a while but, I kinda have the itch to try and get back into anime. It's been a while since I found animes I've actually liked that didn't emphasize insane bust sizes and a harem-type situation. But, I did fall in love with Violet Evergarden. Also loved NANA as well.

Send me some titles (preferably that are on netflix) and I will give them a 2 epi trial! xD I'm bored y'all. Help me.

Recommendations I'll be watching soon:
March comes in like a lion
Fruits basket (2019 v.)

Already watched/tried:
OHSHC (too much harem.)
Vampire Knight (love)
Cells at Work (love)
Clannad (never finished, very haremy.)
Violet Evergarden (love)
Aggretsuko (less anime, more cartoon. But a love nonetheless)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 21:38:51 )

I love Nana!
Try Fruits Basket (2019)
For something in a different genre try My Hero Academia?

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 21:53:42 )
@Totalanimefan: I have already watched fruits basket! It was ok. lol. I never remembr all the ones I've seen until I have them mentioned. /.\ It's been a looong time.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 22:01:08 )
დ დ დ დ დ

The ending is really frustrating (because they went from 24 episodes to 12 I think it was, so it leaves on a huge cliff hanger), but Stars Align is really really good. It touches on a lot of topics and honestly I was hooked on it. ; u; Idk if it is on netflix though, I know it is on hulu. u wu
I'm currently watching March Comes in Like a Lion and that is also good so far? It's nice but not binge-able or anything.
Cliche but if you haven't I recommend Haikyuu! I love my dumb crows so much. <3
I don't know what type of anime you're into so I don't want to just yeet titles at you and be in the wrong genre. xD

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 22:11:31 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

I haven't watched any anme on Netflix yet working on Hulu but Carole and Tuesday, Cells at Work, and Ouran High School Host Club are on my to-watch list
Debating on Aggretsuko

Kit's island getaway is very quiet~

questShop

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 22:48:34 )
@Kairie: @Kitalpha Hart:

(tagged both for simplicity)

Oooh cells at work! Forgot about that one. xD I watched it with my little sister while studying for bio. Helped me with my midterm, believe it or not. I really enjoyed it so much. <3 Aggretsuko was good but I didn't really see it as an anime tbh. xD it is very much more of a typical cartoon to me than most anime is. Idk why but my brain has this style separation of pure cartoon, and anime. OHSHC is far too harem-y. I watched it when i was younger and honestly it's just kinda meh.

And feel free to yeet titles at me! xD like with games and TV, recently I've been trying to do like, a sort of appetizer tray. Things that are new that I try, but if I don't like them there's no obligation to continue. I never thought I'd like a lot of shows but then there's always something.

But in general, anything with a fee kinda like Vampire knight (the one harem-ish, heavy on the ish) show I really liked. But I like my gothic romantic vibes like, hardcore.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 22:55:09 )

@Lucifera: the fruits basket from 10+ years ago or the one that just came out in 2019? Season 2 of that starts next week.
I second March Comes in Like a Lion.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 23:08:41 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Lucifera: are you okay with recs that aren't on netflix?

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 23:24:04 )
@Totalanimefan: They did a new version! =OOOO I hadn't heard anything! Where can I watch it? is it no NF?

And it looks like I will update the original post with a rec list that I plan on trying so that way everyone can see what I'll be checking out! =D
(and also in case anyone else wants some recs too.)

@kaichoukai: mm... Well right now it's all I have until my card comes in so I can get prime. ^^; I know that limits things a lot, I'm sorry. =3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 01:37:18 )

@Lucifera: I watched on Crunchyroll but it might be on Netflix ^^;

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 21:55:40 )
@Totalanimefan: I haven't used crunchyroll because it'd be just another sub for me to pay for. ^^; I even refuse disney+ right now so it's like...Yeah. xD is there a free way to watch on CR?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 22:31:38 )

@Lucifera: I believe there is a new trial period where it’s free.
I don’t promote watching shows illegally but if you need to just find it on the internet. It’s hard times atm. It’s also through Funimation’s service if you want to watch it in English.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 00:38:35 )

How about Bungo Stray Dogs? It's not on Netflix, but it is on Crunchyroll and you don't need an account to watch it. c:

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 01:33:00 )
@Totalanimefan: xD I don't promote it either because I am always the one getting weird viruses on my computers. but at the end of the day if I can't watch it rn, then it'll happen later. =)

@Valefor: What's it about? =O

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 01:50:37 )

True. See if you can get a free trial on Crunchyroll or see if there is anything for free on there.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 01:55:14 )

I recommend The Ancient Magus' Bride! I'm not sure if it's on netflix, but it is on crunchyroll for free. (sidenote: most things on crunchyroll are free! they only lock the most recent episode of currently-streaming shows to premium users, but they become free a week after release.)

It's a magic fantasy that's... nature-based? folklore or myth-based? like it's a very different kind of fantasy than superpowers or isekai, which make up the majority of fantasy anime these days.
I haven't seen Violet Evergarden (no netflix... ) but these two shows give me similar vibes.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 02:14:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I will have to do that. =) thank you for giving me some leads! I appreciate it! <3

@Hachi: Y'all have convinced me! To crunchyroll I go! Lol. Also now I have to check this anime out. <3 thank you so much for recommending it to me.

Also violet evergarden is a huge tear jerker. To be fair it has moments that make me cringe, but every show does. Lol. But it's worth a look if ever you get a chance!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 02:31:50 )

@Lucifera: anytime<3

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 08:01:09 )

@Lucifera: It's a supernatural mystery genre. It currently has three seasons, one OVA, and a movie. c: It's about a Detective Agency with powers solving supernatural mysteries and fighting other groups like the mafia if you're into that! xD

Taken from myanimelist because I'm bad at explaining lol.
    "For weeks, Atsushi Nakajima's orphanage has been plagued by a mystical tiger that only he seems to be aware of. Suspected to be behind the strange incidents, the 18-year-old is abruptly kicked out of the orphanage and left hungry, homeless, and wandering through the city.

While starving on a riverbank, Atsushi saves a rather eccentric man named Osamu Dazai from drowning. Whimsical suicide enthusiast and supernatural detective, Dazai has been investigating the same tiger that has been terrorizing the boy. Together with Dazai's partner Doppo Kunikida, they solve the mystery, but its resolution leaves Atsushi in a tight spot. As various odd events take place, Atsushi is coerced into joining their firm of supernatural investigators, taking on unusual cases the police cannot handle, alongside his numerous enigmatic co-workers."

And omg, I just finished watching Violet Evergarden and it played with my emotions! ; o; But def a good series! <33
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 23:44:10 )
@Valefor: Will definitely check it out! I am having issues with crunchyroll right now. xD So my anime-discovery plan is on hold and I am not a happy camper.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.