Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat nvm it failed ;;;;;;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 18:52:04 )

never mind, my phone service is too weak to handle the app
:vanora_cry: :vanora_cry: :vanora_cry: :vanora_cry:

I just signed up to be a door dasher (one of those 3rd party delivery services).
After a lifetime of being terrified of driving, I never EVER thought this to be something I could even consider doing.
I'm a bit nervous but after about 6 months of practicing driving on my own (I knew how to drive for a lot longer, but suffered panic attacks too much to do it. So, yes, I'm 28 and have only been driving for 6 months), I think I have a good enough feeling that I can do this, just a little bit at a time. I haven't been panicking as much. When I get scared, I'm learning how to take control over my mind and stay focused. Which is an improvement, considering I used to full black out until I run into something or hit the breaks.
I've even found a couple of roads here to be my "comfort roads" where I never get scared on them. I can get almost anywhere by mostly relying on those.

And I need money
My job ain't scheduling me
but my availability is too limited with college so getting another/second job is a bit tricky. Plus, pandemic.
Art has been my side gig, and so far my recent orders have kept my head above water.
I almost signed up for customer service positions over the phone, but I honestly prefer being terrified in my car than to talk to people in that much length.
[s]former service desk supervisor, right here

So that's just a last resort idea.

Maybe doing a job like this little by little can help me grow more confident in driving too. That's what I hope, cause I really want to get better!
Pray for me
[/s]

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 19:29:15 )

@Jolly: I’m so proud of you. You can do this!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 20:12:05 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Jolly: YOU GOT THIS! I BELIEVE IN YOU!
You are making great strides :frizz-celebrate:

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 21:22:23 )

Thank youuu ;v;
I think having the motivation of a job might help push me to practice more frequently.
All I have to do is follow google maps, as I always do even when I know where I'm going

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 01:20:01 )

Background check approved! I'm gonna start tomorrow once my class conference ends ;v;
gonna do my very first~

Donator — she, her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 16:27:34 )

You got this!
I’m twenty six and I only drive on rural roads.
Mostly work and home due to my own fears of driving so I completely get how big of a step this is.

You’ll rock this.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 19:00:04 )

@voneko:
@vithium:
Thank you! I'm sure I'll get used to it once I start.
But.. there hasn't been any orders available for me to grab in my town yet.
its probably cause I have to start without the kit or card first, so anyone ordering hot foods I dont think I can accept cause I don't have the bag for it or something. And I dunno what the card is for P:
I get these things after doing 1 order.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 19:01:29 )

...... wait a minute

usernames. well played.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 19:19:05 )

Now's a great time to get that practice in since less people are on the roads too. Just stay safe.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 19:39:44 )

@priestess of pie:
there are still too many people on the road here LOL
I think people are still allowed to do certain things like food shop, as long as they aren't just hanging out in a public place or something
idk
but no one stays inside here. cept me. cause I like it inside anyways :vanora_xd:

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 19:41:37 )
That's awesome! Congrats on taking that step! One of my sisters does Door Dash,and I go with her sometimes to keep her company and help grab the food and stuff. Don't feel bad about not driving for that long. I'm 32 and I've never driven. I've got epilepsy,so I don't know if I'm even allowed (legally) to drive,as I've heard both yes and no. Anyways,good luck!

Art by the fabulous Inatlaka!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 20:19:02 )

@Jolly: There may still be people on the road, but it's definitely less. Rush hour is practically non-existent here now, though there are always other cars on the road.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 22:22:58 )

GRAHH
delivery popped up, its totally in areas I know I can drive to without feeling scared
but my phone service AND wifi are both so friggin weak it booted me out of the order and I was just left sitting in a parking lot unable to get anything to work
:vanora_cry:
I guess this is what happens when you cant afford 40+$ for a phone service, so gotta use the cheapest on the market..
You make more money by having more money to begin with ig

*edit*
tried again on bf's phone (he has better service) and still couldn't get anything to function.
im flipping tables and throwing in the towel on this idea. back to spamming art ads ;A;

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.