Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops OVER!! thanks Guys<3

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 05:52:57 )

@Kent: Totally fair!
And lol. He'd probably argue he's ambidextrous, so all good =)
(Ash, that is.)

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 05:57:16 )
@Amber Lynne: Here's a WIP, anywho. o: So you're saying he can pass for right-handed. > o>

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 05:59:50 )

@Kent: Totally can =)
He's just naturally a leftie. Trained himself to be ambidextrous 'cause that, y'know, helps in his line of work, lol

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 21:40:16 )
@Amber Lynne: Art Contest? Let's take a crack at this!
I am Kent!
My Credit Preference is https://www.deviantart.com/rayka-chan
I'm hoping for Ryuo. o vo;
I wish to say It was so hard to choose who to draw. orz

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 21:42:01 )
I wonder if I shoulda flipped it. XD

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 21:46:32 )

@Kent: No worries! ~<3

And yeah... I has a lot of characters. Sorry ^ ^;;

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 23:46:23 )
@Amber Lynne: Cool. I hardly ever use dA any more honestly . Or draw, lol

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/25 01:39:25 )

@djinn: Oh? Why is that, if you don't mind the inquiry.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/25 02:12:25 )

I am looking for some items in my quest thread!
I can offer a trade or art for them!

@Amber Lynne: Yey! I found the thread! Here we go! (I really like this OC's design!)

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/25 02:17:10 )

@Synthetic Nature: Thank ya muchly!

And definitely. She's my only dwarf character. XD
Also, that haaaair.~<3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/25 13:22:07 )

@Amber Lynne: I loved the gradient, and had to draw it. Teal is my favourite colour. (Or just green and blue in general!) <3

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/25 13:39:06 )

@Synthetic Nature: Teal is most definitely gorgeous. yes yes.
XD

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 00:02:09 )
@Amber Lynne: Well the lack of practice makes it difficult to make good art. Plus it hurts my arm after a while
Buying/drawing art for: Showstopper, Bouncer, Yes Dark Master

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 02:09:41 )

@Dawnpainterz:

Overall Interest 4/5
  • She does not look happy, at all. It definitely adds to the interest of the image, since there is emotion to it!
    Accuracy 4/5
  • I got one little nitpick. Her eyes are a biiit bright. But that's more a nitpick than anything, lol.
    Overall Impression 5/5
  • That posing can't have been easy! I know I would have struggled with it, lol.
    Overall Effort 5/5
  • Your effort is certainly visible! Especially considering the fact that the posing, with her leaning forward like that, is not something that is easy to pull off (imo, of course), definitely nails a few points!

• @Djinn:

Overall Interest 4/5
  • I love how he's sitting there reading! It's so in character for him~<3
    Accuracy 4/5
  • Nitpicky, just like with Dawn above you. You missed the 1 inch leather band choker.
  • He also has a preference for not denim, unless doing 'hard labour'. He wouldn't wear denim when just lounging about and reading.
    Overall Impression 5/5
  • The posing may be simple, but it's well done and looks natural!
    Overall Effort 3/5
  • ....The 3 is purely because of the cursor in his pants. ^ ^; You could have saved instead of screenshot it.

• @Kent:

Overall Interest 4/5
  • I absolutely love images with an interact of some sort, even if just something simple like cooking! (Well, I mean, simple in the sense that it's not super detailed or something... I know drawing cooking can be difficult, and I'm not trying to downplay that)
    Accuracy 4/5
  • I feel like I'm nitpicking everyone. ^ ^;; sorry! You're all too good!
  • Anyway.... the score is the score because his hair ain't quite right. The dark red should be black.
    Overall Impression 5/5
  • Foreshortening on the hands/arms? YOU'RE BRAVER THAN I! (Seriously, I've been drawing for over a decade and STILL avoid crap like that, lol)
    Overall Effort 4/5
  • You can tell it's sketched, and probably a 'simpler'(?) result of an image, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything bad!
  • The amount of erasing and redrawing for those damned hands has to be quite awhile! So yes, effort is definitely visible!

• @Synthetic Nature:

Overall Interest 5/5
  • I love the posing and how she looks ready to just smash whomever put a toe out of line with that halberd. Absolutely love that.
    Accuracy 3/5
  • I really didn't want to mark this down, but there's one ... small (XD) detail that is omitted here.
  • Mira... is a dwarf. She really doesn't look it here.
    Overall Impression 5/5
  • As I said before, she looks ready to smash someone - or slice, I guess it depends on how it hits - with that halberd is bloody brilliant.
    Overall Effort 3/5
  • Deciding to take on a character with a visible braid, definitely counts!
  • But her hands look a little... awkward. Specifically her left (the one that is up)
  • I love the halberd though, definitely. And her hair. And her expression.~<3

• All four of you, thank you so so much for entering!
    Since there were only four, and I hate telling people not, you all get an item =)
    I mean, the rest are just goin' for art anyway

I really do love and appreciate all four pieces~<3
    And I'm definitely willing to talk about an item, or two, or whatever, in exchange for more art from any of you (and anyone else who happens to be reading this!).

OH, RIGHT
    Y'ALL WANT PLACINGS!
    XD
    I should do that, no?

Anywhoooo

Dawn: 4+4+5+5=18/20
    Djinn: 4+4+5+3=16/20
    Kent: 4+4+5+4=17
    Synthetic: 5+3+5+3=16/20

Overall interest: She's just standing there, however, given her expression, and how she's holding the paper, that's the most dynamic 'standing there' I have ever seen! 3/5
    Overall Impression: I can see there's some perspective at work here, and it translates pretty nicely, with her upper half how it is, in comparison to her lower half. 4/5
    Accuracy: What can I say? The details a spot-on, right down to her scars! 5/5
    Overall effort: I can see the effort put into it. The pose, the colouring, the shading, it's all there! 5/5

Overall interest: While sitting might not be very 'dynamic', it certainly captures Vincent after his nomadic days. And the position he's in, as well as his body language really sell it. 4/5
    Overall impression: The image itself doesn't really pop, but with an activity such as reading, paired with the individual, that's not surprising. So well done on showcasing how he tends to prefer things to be quiet around him when he reads. 4/5
    Accuracy: You got the stubble! His eyes are the right colour, and even the earring we're seeing is the right colour! Only thing is that he probably wouldn't wear jeans while reading. 4.5/5
    Overall effort: Oh yeah, I can tell effort and time was put into this. Good work with the light source as well! 5/5

Overall interest: A nice head-on perspective, as well as showing using tools from the perspective. I like it! 5/5
    Overall impression: It's nice to see Ash's passion of cooking being showcased. A very warm image to be sure. 4/5
    Accuracy: This pretty much captures how he would cook in a a more professional setting. The bags under the eyes, the small smile, that's him. Hair could be a little darker, though. 4/5
    Overall effort: And I can see the effort that was put into this as well! Lines could stand to be a smidgen cleaner, though, I suppose. 4/5

Overall interest: Mira's holding her trademark weapon is always a treat, especially when it's over the shoulder like that. 4/5
    Overall impression: Her expression shows that she's looking down on someone that had just been looking down on her. And the head-turn seals it. 4/5
    Accuracy: You got her hair down nicely, her style of dress suits her, and her eyes are great. Sadly, the lack of piercings on her ear'll cost a point... 4/5
    Overall effort: Come on, it's clear that effort was put into this. It's clean, the shading is nice, and the sheen on the weapon is great! 5/5

Dawn: 3+4+5+5=17
    Djinn: 4+4+4.5+5=17.5
    Kent: 5+4+4+4=17
    Synthetic: 4+4+4+5=17

TOTAL SCORES
    Dawn: 17+18=35/40
    Djinn: 16+17.5=33.5/40
    Kent: 17+17=34/40
    Synthetic: 16+17=33/40

MEANING!
    DAWNPAINTERZ gets first pick!
    KENT gets second pick!
    DJINN Gets third pick!
    and finally
    SYNTHETIC NATURE gets last pick!

Thank you all SO so SO much for entering!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 02:13:51 )

@Amber Lynne: Aaah! Thanks for the kind comments! I'm still so bad at hands. Forever trying to improve them! And I'm guilty of only skimming their Toyhouse profile. I should have checked further, then I would have been able to tell she was a dwarf. But hey, it's a journey of improvement and all that. I originally just threw it together as a gift, but I hope you enjoy it at least! /Hugs!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 02:15:37 )

@Synthetic Nature: Absolutely not a problem!
    I'd said I'd throw an item at ya, so I figured might as well throw it in here. XD Made sense to me, anyway lol.

And I DO love it~<3 No worries on that fornt.
    (Oh, and hands are absolute hell. DX)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 02:17:28 )

@Amber Lynne: I used to just draw them concealed, but I ain't no pussy-cat. XD

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 02:18:31 )

@Synthetic Nature: .... so did I.
    Constantly.
    Using ANY excuse in the book.
    Lol.

Until I learned... I'll never learn without actually TRYING.

I still hate hands, but I do some damned sexy ones sometimes now. XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 02:20:43 )

@Amber Lynne: Yeah. Practice makes better after all! (I don't believe in being perfect, so I say better.) But oooft, is it hard. And I have a hand tremor to deal with too! But that's why I like my digital art. There are stabilisers in place. My paper drawings are shaky as heck. XD

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
    [Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 02:23:45 )

@Synthetic Nature: Totally fair!
    I like the stabilizers too, lol

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
    ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
    If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
    Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
    Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.