Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops OVER!! thanks Guys<3

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 06:31:08 )

@PoeticTorment: The time limit is the entire month of July.
And usually a week or so into August.
So... you don't really have much of a limit.
Plus, whil it doesn't count if you art before then, as far as I know, anyone is always up for free art of thei rcharacters~<3

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 06:44:32 )
@Amber Lynne: Oh okay! That might be doable then~ XD
I'm slow at art so I do try to rush when I know what I'm drawing.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 06:56:21 )

@PoeticTorment: That's totally fair!
I'm super slow too.
Procrastination has me by ovaries, I swear. XD
But once I actually sit down to, you know, do something, I'm generally pretty quick.

And if you want practice, I have a bunch of characters with various tratis to practice on.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 07:16:31 )
@Amber Lynne: Right?! In my case, I also have a 5 year old that keeps me on my toes so it's sooo much harder to sit down to draw. XD I love him tons though. <3 And of course! I'll always doodle. XD

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 07:18:18 )

@PoeticTorment: Ohhh, 5 is a handful.
But at least you aren't SUPER far from when he will start to calm down a bit. XD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 07:23:31 )
@Amber Lynne: Don't I know it! XD I can hope so~
I just wish I could bottle some of his energy for me!
I'd get sooo much more done. lol

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 07:54:00 )

@PoeticTorment: omg that's very true! XD
But sadly, that ain't how it works DX

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 07:57:37 )
@Amber Lynne: It's a nice thought at least... *^*; I just want to keep up with him.
He's soo over-energetic, 30 minutes with him is a workout! lmao
That or get a giant hamster wheel hooked up to the power grid, I could power the whole town... XD

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 07:58:40 )

@PoeticTorment: Well, a workout is a good thing! XD

And lol. yeah, makes sense.
Kids are super energetic

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 08:07:04 )
@Amber Lynne: Yeah, but it doesn't really leave me with much energy to do any full workouts or my yoga! XD
I miss my yoga, it helped the back pain from being bent over drawing too much. ;>>

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 08:08:40 )

@PoeticTorment: Ooff, not fun
Try and get your boy involved in it! Might help?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 08:25:09 )
@Amber Lynne: Yep. Oh, I've tried! He used to do the weighted workouts with me! And he enjoyed them but now he just wants to run around crazy like. XD I think he got used to the other kids just running in circles at class. lol

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 08:44:56 )

@PoeticTorment: Ohhh.
Hmmmm
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what it is that you could do. Other than trying to give him something to do elsewhere in the room DX

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 08:47:30 )
@Amber Lynne: Lol No worries! I'll probably just be stuck until we get done with the remodel. At the moment I try to stick him with the NES and SNES games while I work out, sometimes it works and others it doesn't. XD

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 08:50:48 )

@PoeticTorment: That's fair.
~<3
Have you tried the art thing with him? XD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 08:55:49 )
@Amber Lynne: Kind of! He loves crafts more than drawing right now. Like he's really good at making things out of paper and gluing it together. But drawing/writing frustrates him a bit since he can't figure out how to draw what he's thinking. Which, I can't really blame him. I do try to encourage him as much as possible though. Like any art stuff gets plastered on the walls with praise. *^*

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 09:02:03 )

@PoeticTorment: Be careful with that, it can come of as patronising if you're not careful.
As for the whole art thing. It isn't easy, especially for a kid, but try and encourage him to just doodle. Like... literally.
I don't mean 'zentangles' or anything of that sort (unless he wants to). I mean literally scribbling and just running with it.

Beyond that, I dunno what to suggest for that. DX
> <

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 09:16:17 )
@Amber Lynne: Oh, I know! No worries there~ XD I just try to encourage him were I can so he'll keep trying. And he loves adding his art to the walls for display. ( He saw a family on youtube display all their art on the fridge so he's taken that over too. XD ) I have a lot of younger sibs and family I helped teach to draw and such so it's not too difficult for me in that aspect. I just don't want to make it a chore where he doesn't like it cause he needs the practice holding the pencil. I'm thinking of getting one of the autism pencil grips or weighted pencil for him to help.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 09:19:26 )

@PoeticTorment: Whatever helps!

You should designate a specific place for him. IE a three 4x4ft part of the wall in the hall, or somwhere, that he can just go to town on. Stick things to, draw, etc. Main rules could be NO HOLES. Lol.
Tis something I've seen people do and it generally goes well, so thought I'd pass it on ^ ^

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 09:25:17 )
@Amber Lynne: That's a good idea. Maybe doing a "frame" with a fun tape to mark it out.
But we're also doing a full wall in his room of chalk paint so he'd be able to doodle there too. *^*
Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.