Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Hex - Concept sketches and such

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:08:19 )

Art by Azulmar

Felt this would be a fun way for me to share a story that I want to work on, without sharing TOO much!

I started on this project years ago but didn't like the direction, so I scrapped it and gave up.
A few months ago, I was inspired to pick it up again and totally rewrite the story's plot. I managed to make something that, so far, is far more coherent and exciting for me to jump into! I wanna keep that motivation going by sharing the art I make on the side, or even having somewhere to log my progress. I wont plan to post the project until I at LEAST have 1-2 chapters done, so that I don't lose my drive. I get too excited to show people these things lol

I'll edit in a story summary when I make one <3

Here's my current media if you want
DA and TW

btw, if I feel the images are small enough, I'll post without spoilers cause I love to scroll and see them. BUT if its too hard to load cause of this, let me know! Even if it only affects one person, I'll pack em all up for ya ^^

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:08:25 )
I will begin with sharing my OLD concept sketches in the next post. They may or may not directly translate into events in the actual story. I wont say which is it :D
Also noting, some of these will have a watermark to my OLD deviantart (BanniLynn). That's a dead account, so disregard it lol I moved on to my HallowSeo account cause I didn't want to pay for a name change.

Ok I lied, I will say that this next one is COMPLETELY wrong. It's from long before I revamped the story entirely so yeah.. Jaq being a childhood friend is the only accurate thing

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:08:33 )

Art by Magebomb

I hope I'm allowed to post received art in here as well?
Another source of inspiration. Basically any time I see this guy's prickly face, I wanna draw him

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:27:05 )

This is Ruva, a half elf lady

This is a more recent ref of her, although I need to lighten her hair a bit. Didn't intend it to be as dark as her dress :vanora_xd: I'm blind I guess

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:28:25 )

This is Atticus Igness, a human mage

This ref is super ultra old, but still relevant
I also have this random sketch for his home

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:32:40 )

This is Jaq.. probably

This is also fairly old. The first real concept I drew of him, but it looks weird to me.
This sketch looks a bit better, but I do intend to have markings on his face

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:39:58 )

this is a smaller res so I'll not spoiler it
These were some sketches to a scene I was trying to figure out. Also seeing if I can accomplish these complicated poses and yes, I can

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:43:03 )

whoosh

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:49:21 )

Oh yeah, I'm trash btw

but at least I'm PG-13 trash?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:52:40 )

(They aren't meant to be naked, I was just sketching the pose pls don't slam me with nsfw ratings LOL;;;; )

idk where her arms went either

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 02:55:29 )

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 03:03:22 )

More trash before I get back to work

THIS STASH IS MORE CRINGE CHEESE
I crop out a lot of information cause it's all stick figures
but still, my dialogue ain't the best with these sketches that I never planned others to see |D

This is the last of my old sketches. From here out, I should only be posting new things! And also at a slower pace, of course.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 03:19:09 )

slides on in here 👀

your art is *chef's kiss*

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 03:21:24 )

@pachi:
Thank youuu
honestly, some of these old sketches are better than what I draw currently HAHA /sob
but thats cause I was hella inspired then.

Except this one of Jaq. Looks far better than the original ref ;v;;

Also you should def make a thread for your story too!

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 03:24:46 )

@Jolly: but it's so fun to look back at your old art and feel inspired again~~

i've been redrawing some old stuff and giving my characters updated outfits lately instead of actually drawing the comic >>;;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 03:28:47 )

@pachi:
Hahah it is, that's why I did most of these sketches in the first place. They weren't part of any page or whatever.

I don't think I've ever drawn these characters in other outfits. I bet they'll look so weird, I kinda want to now

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 03:34:37 )

@Jolly: yeah i did those too, just random scenarios... carefree draws...

do itttt lol
    i just keep updating 1 specific character's outfits because he is the Fashion Boy haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 03:45:28 )

@pachi:
Hahah thats good though, adds to the character! Mine's one of those adventure type stories where I just pretend they wont smell like ass in the same clothes the whole time xd
idk I'll probably end up changing things up eventually, I usually do if it doesn't divert the story too much.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 04:00:01 )

@Jolly: i love when people draw their characters in different clothes so i encourage you to do so 8D
    their wardrobe also adds to their personalities~

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 04:03:39 )

@kda drew:
Thank you! They're concepts for a comic in the works.
I already use clip studio paint :D <3

@pachi:
Yeah, I love it too. Usually do it for all my other OCs :D

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.